Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Chris Hare...  
Full Name  
Nickname Chris Hare 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1241  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/7/2002 11:52:49 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Thanks! I'm leaving now, but before I go I thought it'd be best to tell you all what I think of you... I think this is a great community made up of a great buncha guys, and a great site in general. I wish you all the very best for the future! 
Posted September 16, 2004 8:29:18 PM
Z Transform Table Does anyone have a link to a comprehensive list of z transforms? Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to invert transform equations of the type a(1 - z) / (z^2 - 2az + a) seperately or together. i.e. equations with a polynomial on the... 
Posted August 5, 2004 9:35:33 PM
templated function pointers Okay, lets play with an example. #include <iostream> using namespace std; template <typename T> void f(T t) { cout << t << endl; } template <typename T> void g(T t, void (*some_function)(T)) { some_funct... 
Posted April 1, 2004 6:01:56 PM
Space & Body Centrodes I’m having trouble pathing a simple pathing centrode with respect to a moving lamina. Take for instance, a 2d wheel rolling along a line. The space centrode is along the line where the wheel and line make contact, since at any given time, th... 
Posted March 25, 2004 7:15:51 PM
const class A { ... } Just a quicky... What does the const in const class A { ... }; do? blah blah blah. 
Posted January 22, 2004 9:27:59 PM
Compile time sine How can C++ be used to compute sine values for constant arguments, without using macros? That is, how can sin(0.3) be converted to its value as compile time, moved into the instruction? Wizza Wuzza? 
Posted November 13, 2003 9:44:18 PM
Template Resources Templates are a C++ programmer’s secret weapon, but because of the nature of templates (complex, relatively "new"), I’ve haven’t really found many good online resources or books on template topics, such as normal and parti... 
Posted October 31, 2003 7:27:47 PM
Numerical Applications I’ve been learning numerical differentiation & intergration techniques, interpolation, laplace equations and so-forth, but have not really seen many practical applications. Because I’m mainly interested in implementing simulation/solution... 
Posted September 22, 2003 11:31:23 PM
Derivative Via Extrapolation Consider the following example of my problem... For an unknown function f(x), if given these points f(0.3) = ... f(0.5) = ... f(0.7) = ... f(0.9) = ... f(1.1) = ... f(1.3) = ... f(1.5) = ... is it possible to approximate f’(0.9)... 
Posted August 17, 2003 9:51:33 PM
Sqrt Iterative Process I have heard that sqrt is implemented usually implemented as an iterative process. Which one? Wizza Wuzza? 
Posted August 4, 2003 2:47:19 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Thanks! [smile]I'm not gone yet. I'm planning to randomise my password (so I won't be tempted to come back), but I won't until I've given the people I just sent PMs to a chance to PM back. 
Posted September 16, 2004 11:31:40 PM
Thanks! Quote:Original post by TMAN Quote:Original post by Chris Hare Quote:Original post by TMAN Wouldn't it be more productive to just leave but advertise the site to as many interested/helpful/patient people as you can instead of wasting the bandwidth... 
Posted September 16, 2004 10:48:00 PM
Thanks! Quote:Original post by TMAN Wouldn't it be more productive to just leave but advertise the site to as many interested/helpful/patient people as you can instead of wasting the bandwidth and space with this thread? People know you appreciate the commu... 
Posted September 16, 2004 10:32:15 PM
Class/Function Problem Dude, you implement the Player type so that any instance of Player does what Client can do, like so... class Player { public: void Status() const { cout << "My health is ==> " << health; } }; int main() { Player client, oth... 
Posted September 16, 2004 7:53:56 PM
Dating women 3 years younger then you (When you're 20)!? The age guidlines set by local authorities are usually spot on, and should be obeyed. Anyway, he'll finally decide to approach her, and her response? "Who the fuck are you, twerp?" [wink] All for nought. 
Posted September 15, 2004 1:45:15 AM
a guy cut his own arm off!!!!!!! Being under that bolder nearly cost him an arm and a leg. 
Posted September 15, 2004 1:30:38 AM
So it's not gmail, but... I've go gmail invites. PM me. 
Posted September 15, 2004 1:21:57 AM
Optimizations are worth the effort A lot of this applies to the eternal search for a perfect interface / design. You can waste time looking for something that doesn't exist or spend time with grease on your elbow a plenty. 
Posted September 15, 2004 12:03:20 AM
Optimizations are worth the effort Quote:Original post by Oluseyi Okay. I concur. 
Posted September 14, 2004 11:48:36 PM
Woman Kills Over French Fries 'Tis reminiscent of the great 'last tinny' catastrophes of 98 and 02 that wiped out the entire west coast of our great nation. 
Posted September 14, 2004 8:41:03 PM
View All Replies Made By This User