Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Aken H Bosch...  
Full Name  
Nickname Aken H Bosch 
State/Province, Country VA   United States
GD Gathering City Great Falls, VA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID AkenHBosch 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1026  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/12/2006 10:19:16 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Multiplayer Laser Battle Multiplayer Laser Battle Overview Multiplayer Laser Battle is a multiplayer space combat game I've been working on as a school project at the Art Institute of Washington. I originally wrote it as a single-player game in VGP200 (Gaming Algorith... 
Posted October 9, 2010 8:01:42 PM
CSG Project I've been working on a Constructive Solid Geometry (but really just mesh Boolean operations) program/library written in C# in my free time during the past several weeks. Sample of what it does: I've managed to get it working, but it's... 
Posted April 30, 2010 9:57:32 PM
GL_NORMAL_MAP - Can't find documentation I'm making an OpenGL app using just the fixed-function pipeline, and I noticed that one of the possible arguments for glTexGen (but OpenTK, so GL.TexGen instead) is GL_NORMAL_MAP (but really TextureGenMode.NormalMap)... It appears to be doing... 
Posted December 27, 2009 1:28:10 AM
Scripters/Programmers needed for FreeSpace 2 RTS Mod Project name: The FreeSpace 2 RTS Mod Brief description: The FreeSpace 2 RTS Mod is a modification of FreeSpace 2 (that is, FS2_Open) using primarily Lua scripting to make the game play like a real-time tactics game. Although the title offic... 
Posted November 1, 2009 1:48:04 AM
Shaders, but not GLSL I have a crummy GPU. It's an Intel 945 GM Express something. The best OpenGL version it supports is 1.4, so it cannot do GLSL. Before anyone suggests it, no, I am not going to accept "buy a better computer/gpu" as a solution. That said, I have in the... 
Posted July 11, 2009 6:37:25 PM
Mesh Collisions I've gotten tired of having my programs use ray-sphere collisions to determine whether (and where) two objects collide, and am feeling like making a better collision system. To explain before I move on, I made a sphere with radius equal to the s... 
Posted March 10, 2009 7:55:33 PM
CubeTrip (fluid physics toy) This is CubeTrip, some program I made. Download (Includes source code) Controls: A/Z/Arrow keys move the dot. Drag with the left mouse button to rotate. F2 resets (randomly). Esc exits. 
Posted October 18, 2008 11:55:47 AM
Looking for Coders and Artists for 6dof Game Project Name: 6dof (working title) Brief description: A multiplayer 6-degrees-of-freedom shooter, somewhat like the 90's PC game Descent, but with better graphics, different plot, different weapons, and different enemies. The game also has... 
Posted June 20, 2008 12:21:03 AM
Astral Legend 2 These screenshots are from my current game project, Astral Legend 2. (They have been scaled down from 1280x800 resolution.) Astral Legend is a single player 3D space shooter in which Terran fighter pilots fight against alien warships and fig... 
Posted April 25, 2008 10:09:30 AM
Hypothetical: Voxels, raytracing, and shaders Suppose I have a very complicated model I want to render. Suppose I want to subdivide it into reasonable-sized (however big/complicated "reasonable" is, likely determined through testing) pieces, generate voxels (during initialization, of course),... 
Posted April 18, 2008 12:15:14 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
LUA for console games?? Even with XNA, you need to pay money in order to test your game on the actual console 
Posted December 31, 2010 12:18:00 AM
Bokeh This looks like it could really benefit from using proper HDR, before applying the bokeh effect. 
Posted December 7, 2010 2:11:25 PM
Armored Warfare - Havok Ragdoll Physics Videos I know I'm supposed to be looking at the ragdoll and not the water, but... Your water looks like it'd be a lot better close up---like the specular highlights (which look rather noisy in this image because they are small but numerous) ought to real... 
Posted December 7, 2010 2:04:37 PM
Very simple math thing... o Well, it's a system-of-linear-equations problem, so there should be another equation (probably on the next line) 
Posted December 6, 2010 12:06:20 PM
Android - Draw a rectangle I'm confused, what does that code snippet have to do with your question? 
Posted December 2, 2010 2:01:01 AM
GLfloat vertices from txt file What kind of "it doesn't work"? Compiler error? Linker error? Runtime error? Running but not producing the correct output? Offtopic gripe: Also, why do I keep seeing/hearing people who think the singular of 'vertices' is 'vertice'? It's 'vertex'.... 
Posted December 2, 2010 1:50:09 AM
Multiplayer Laser Battle New Version Out! I've temporarily scrapped multiplayer (it was horrible), but when I re-implement it I imagine it will be much better. The download link for version 0-1-2 can be found on the game's website (in the first post). 
Posted November 14, 2010 4:11:43 PM
Multiplayer Laser Battle Progress Update! Yes, I'm still working on it! I've re-enabled some features which were disabled in the original release, and I've implemented many new features as well. New Screenshots New Stuff This is only a partia... 
Posted October 29, 2010 1:46:36 AM
Multiplayer Laser Battle Yup, the Art Institute of Washington. Actually, it is possible to toggle whether the mouse is inverted by pressing F12. Unfortunately, you have to do it every time you join a game. I'm thinking about setting up a 'User' system, where the play... 
Posted October 13, 2010 8:37:02 PM
Multiplayer Laser Battle Frequently Asked Questions How do I run it? Download the archive and extract the contents somewhere (anywhere should work). Run the server, then the client. The configuration files included should let you play against the aliens (bots) as though... 
Posted October 11, 2010 11:35:10 AM
View All Replies Made By This User