Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know deltadream...  
Full Name  
Nickname deltadream 
State/Province, Country Bucuresti   Romania
GD Gathering City Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1034  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/7/2005 5:00:38 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Heresy War Pictures I'm happy to prezent some screenshots from our working title. More info, screenshots and also a playable demo can be found on our site : www.heresywar.com The demo can also be found on several mirrors: http://www.gamershell.com/... 
Posted May 20, 2008 8:00:22 PM
Strange Issue with a HLSL shader Hi everyone, I have a problem with a HLSL shader, to be more specific, with some texture coordinates passed from VS to PS. I have something like: struct VS_INPUT { float4 position : POSITION; float2 texCoord : TEXCOORD0; }; struct... 
Posted April 27, 2009 6:03:11 AM
WSAECONNRESET recovery Hi, I have a problem and I don't know how to solve it: After a client disconnects (forced by crush or some other cause) the recvfrom call on server fails with WSAECONNRESET. I know this is caused because the client connection was not... 
Posted November 9, 2008 8:17:02 PM
Help with Visual Studio 2005 "feature" Greetings all, I have a problem with Visual Studio 2005: the ctrl+tab windows is sticky (after I release the ctrl it stays and waits to press enter on a file) Can anyone help me get rid of this feature ? (I've found somewhere on the... 
Posted August 9, 2008 3:58:24 PM
Looking for voice talent, offering programming or other game development talent Team name: Dream Builder Studios (registered) Project name: Heresy War Brief description: It's an old school space sim, and it's in alpha stage (with a complete working prototype) Target aim: Retail Compensation: We are a complete g... 
Posted April 18, 2007 11:26:53 AM
And the winners ? And when will the winners be announced ?  
Posted December 11, 2006 3:46:08 PM
Client prediction Hi all, I'm adding multiplayer to my singleplayer space sim (it's 3D with newtonian movement). The client input is sent over to server and everything is processed there. I would like to ask for any tips & tricks you may have for orientation clien... 
Posted December 30, 2006 10:10:42 AM
Question about new space sims I was wondering what players think about the latest space sims (X3, DSOne, ... you name it): 1. What do you dislike in the newest space sims ? and of course: 2. What features would you like to have in a new space sim ?  
Posted December 15, 2006 6:15:57 PM
Orientation offset Hello, I have a problem and I hope someone might help me solve it. I have two orientations expressed as two euler angles (but I can transform them in matrix or in quaternion). I want to get the orientation offset from the two orientations, so I... 
Posted November 27, 2006 4:34:42 PM
problem with floating point render target Hi, When I'm using a D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F render target, the alpha blending doesn't work. If I switch to D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8 everything seems to be ok. Does anyone know what could be wrong ? Thanks 
Posted February 5, 2006 10:24:27 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Server/Client architecture for space sim, movement collisions etc I've been working on something similar (with a target of 16-32 max players in the same space location) and my approach was something like: - the server is the king and it runs the whole game like the remote clients were AI's - clients runs the... 
Posted October 5, 2010 8:27:58 AM
UDP Lobby server Also one option, http://www.picotux.com if you don't even want to supply any power (it's a very small computer and some configurations have power over ethernet)  
Posted January 2, 2010 10:35:01 AM
Catching Disconnects on a UDP Server? Of course, to increase the odds, you can consider a "heartbeat" any message from a client.  
Posted January 2, 2010 10:22:55 AM
Heresy War Pictures Heresy War, the game is one of the last 4 finalists of www.2beegames.com competition and it needs all the votes it can get from space sim fans and from gamedev.net community. Please help us rise a bit the votes percent, Thanks.  
Posted June 28, 2009 4:50:35 PM
Strange Issue with a HLSL shader It's quite a simple vertex shader: #define DOWNSAMPLE_SCALE 0.25 VS_OUTPUT VS_Quad(float4 Position : POSITION, float2 TexCoord : TEXCOORD0, uniform float2 TexelOffsets, uniform float2 WindowSize) { VS_OUTPUT OUT; float2... 
Posted April 27, 2009 10:54:25 AM
[MMO] Seeking Software Designer (paid) I've sent you a mail :) Thanks 
Posted February 18, 2009 4:36:36 PM
Make Games, Not Engines? My personal opinion on this one: make the game but think for the future. Follow your game idea but think for reusability whenever possible. Split your project in engine side and game side. Put whatever is generic in engine side and game... 
Posted February 1, 2009 6:57:42 AM
Heresy War Pictures Several site and forum updates ... and more in the near future, we really appreciate more of your feedback :) http://www.heresywar.com And our development blog: http://heresywar.blogspot.com  
Posted January 21, 2009 4:19:30 PM
WSAECONNRESET recovery I solved the problem and I thought to put here the solution in case anyone else will have it. Apparently in some windows versions it happens the following "feature": Quote from microsoft support site: Quote: CAUSE If sending a datagram usi... 
Posted November 10, 2008 4:41:17 PM
WSAECONNRESET recovery I see. I am using UDP, and I use only one socket on server side. The problem is that I don't know which client has failed. That particular client will be correctly removed after some "timeout" delay. I'll try to see how it works... 
Posted November 10, 2008 6:00:56 AM
View All Replies Made By This User