Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know JvdWulp...  
Full Name  
Nickname JvdWulp 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1038  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/10/2007 4:35:17 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Over abused methods Hello everybody, What the most commonly over abused methods you came a cross? For me it woulde be String.Format, I have never seen propper use of that function it always seems to get abused. One of the worst uses I have ever seen was in an a... 
Posted January 4, 2010 5:12:23 PM
Shaped lightsources Hello evertbody, Has anyone here done any special shaped lights in direct3d or opengl? By special shaped lights I mean lights other than pointlights and spotlight. So lights like fluorecent tubes. I once tried to to tubes but I never ma... 
Posted September 21, 2009 4:42:39 PM
Turning humans into zombies[c++] Hi, If you have a game where dead humans can be infected by a virus and turn into zombies. How do or would you do these things? Humans can't take that much damage on the torso and run around like headless chickens. Zombies can take a lot... 
Posted July 25, 2009 9:49:09 AM
texture borders Hello everybody, I have run into a lil problem. My textures keep having nasty borders. Have tried setting GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S and GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T to GL_CLAMP,GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE,GL_CLAMP_TO_BORDER,GL_REPEAT and I have even tried without setting th... 
Posted July 12, 2009 5:37:25 PM
South american ladies Hello everybody, Are it just the women in my habitat(and online contacts) or are of all the women around the ones that are the women of south american origins always the naughtiest ones in the group? Greetz Jaapio 
Posted May 20, 2009 6:19:45 PM
Direct3d 9 shader error Hi everybody, I keep getting this error and I don't know what I am doing wrong: vertex_output.fx(16,23): error X4502: invalid ps_2_0 input semantic 'POSITION0' vertex_output.fx(59,31): ID3DXEffectCompiler::CompileEffect: There was an error com... 
Posted April 10, 2009 6:02:17 PM
Render to vetrex buffer Hi, I want to render to a vertex buffer. I know that in opengl you can render to a texture and then copy the data to the vertexbuffer(no copy to ram). How do I do this in direct3d 9? I can create a vertexbuffer, texture, get the surface of t... 
Posted March 24, 2009 1:26:44 PM
Accessing the graphics card(/gpu)? Hello everybody, I was wondering, how you can access a graphics card in a computer from a custom os. Just for the fun of it I want to do a demo on my desktop computer. Booting my own code and rendering stuff. Like how can I access framebuf... 
Posted March 21, 2009 10:13:21 AM
Playstation 2 discplayer problem Hello everybody, Recently tried a ps2 lense cleaning tutorial and now my ps2 can't detect any discs anymore. When I turn it on the disk turns 1/3 and then stops. By acident touched the cogwheel that sets the hight of the lazer, I alread... 
Posted March 8, 2009 11:08:28 AM
What do you think of the gamasutra article on realtime caustics Hello Everyone, What do you think of this article I found about a year ago on gamasutra about realtime caustics? http://www.jaapvanderwulp.nl/gamasutra_caustics.doc I think it is nice but I like the other article at: http://graphics.cs.uc... 
Posted February 15, 2009 5:26:55 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Over abused methods @NickGravelyn: Maybe I should have stated that I left those checks out of the example to keep it short. I like generic collections too. :-) 
Posted January 4, 2010 5:59:30 PM
Shaped lightsources Well I am not (yet) interested in shadows. now I just want so lightbars. so would it be an solution to to like project a gradient like [url=http://inconvenientbody.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/gradient-flower4.jpg]this[/url] down the bar and use a... 
Posted September 23, 2009 5:07:06 PM
Turning humans into zombies[c++] Thanks everybody, I made up my mind. The FSM finite state machine seems like a good way to do it. At first I thought the behavior of a human would be too much different to that of the zomby but then I realized that was just cuku. The AI would b... 
Posted July 27, 2009 3:01:13 AM
How to draw transparent surfaces. First, id say wrong place to post. There is a directx forum/thread. Second, do you have transperancy/blending enabled? Thrid, what is the clear color maybe you are doing aplha blending but are clearing the alpha buffer to the wrong value? 
Posted July 25, 2009 10:30:37 AM
Earth 2124 island (16bit hdr rnm) When I saw the image I thought to myself. It has got to be him, ali rahimi. Once again it looks great. 
Posted July 25, 2009 9:05:10 AM
Magic Flowers Nice gameplay. 
Posted July 21, 2009 5:08:13 PM
texture borders Haha, you are right... Normally I spell check my code, but that isn't the final code. I was going to change it anyway to use my own enum. To keep the opengl specific code seperatod as much as possible. 
Posted July 16, 2009 4:24:41 AM
texture borders jyk, thanks for your advise. I found out what the problem was... You know how some image manipulation programs move the image when you press the cursorkeys? I think I pressed the down button before I saved the file, so that is where the white line c... 
Posted July 13, 2009 5:57:14 AM
Multi-touch Art Machine Reminds me of surface :-). 
Posted July 4, 2009 6:32:24 AM
South american ladies I just noticed that they are usually the ones come up with the naughtiest ideas, have comments, hobbies/interests or just overal behaviour... 
Posted May 20, 2009 6:43:28 PM
View All Replies Made By This User