Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dmonte...  
Full Name  
Nickname dmonte 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1012  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/2/2009 1:52:28 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
An old but nice screenshot from my game engine A screen I took a year ago on an engine I was making then. The screen shows features omni directional soft shadows, normal/parallax (based on LOD) mapped surface with emissive parts and some other effects like bloom etc. Hope you like the s... 
Posted February 8, 2009 7:14:01 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
FBO bind not really binding Yeah, tiago, you can take look at the first link I had pasted in my previous post, I think some forum poster talks about reading the image without texture, but he does some glPixelStore stuff. If you've got the time on your hands, you ca... 
Posted February 13, 2009 9:19:45 AM
DOF, Refraction, Particles, Compromises. oh hmm, sort I guess and mix the depths. No other go no? Or better yet, just design level such that funny situations like this never arise. I guess it would make sense to just tint the glass, and make it refractive and then apply its DOF itsel... 
Posted February 13, 2009 9:13:56 AM
cgCreateProgramFromFile Failed: CG_FILE_READ_ERROR Oh, hmmm.. why don't you try sending the GL context to dialog and create a new Cg context? Or you can create another GL context in the dialogue and then create a new Cg Context, with that gl context and then switch back to your main context. Ju... 
Posted February 13, 2009 9:09:13 AM
rendering 2 textures using FBO haha, glad its now working. Happy to help. Haha yeah, thats why in the program I sent it had worked, since I was blending and not using offset. 
Posted February 13, 2009 8:57:36 AM
FBO bind not really binding Hi tiago, I did some research into your problem and I have found that, glReadBuffer(GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT) will work properly if there is a texture bound that FBO's color attachment. So just try attaching a texture to that FBO's color at... 
Posted February 12, 2009 2:19:28 PM
rendering 2 textures using FBO hi murderv, You'll laugh about the problem, it was very basic mistake, you had forgotten to set drawBuffer for the second fbo, (and also you are clearing color buffer before setting color, leading to no color change for that fbo, if that is a prob... 
Posted February 12, 2009 1:59:37 PM
rendering 2 textures using FBO Actually I understood that your not using MRT, was just telling the way I setup my FBO's. You can host the program somewhere, and I'll try to fix it, but you'll have to tell me how to build it etc, I don't have any java/ogl experience. Pretty... 
Posted February 12, 2009 7:42:25 AM
rendering 2 textures using FBO hmm, I think your init code may be wrong, try this method, FIRST COLOR BUFFER 1) gen render buffer 2) bind render buffer 3) RenderbufferStorageEXT(GL_RENDERBUFFER_EXT, internalFormat, Width, Height) 4)FramebufferRenderbufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBU... 
Posted February 12, 2009 5:00:13 AM
DOF, Refraction, Particles, Compromises. I'll give you an example, void vertex_program(float4 position : POSITION, float2 texcoord: TEXCOORD0, out float4 oPos: POSITION, out float3 oTexcoord: TEXCOORD0) { oPos = mul(mvp, position); float4 eyeP... 
Posted February 12, 2009 3:28:12 AM
DOF, Refraction, Particles, Compromises. What I'm saying is, you should manually output eye space distance. Kindly look at the images in my previous post. I have edited it to show that it works. If you manually output depth, even transparent objects will have true depth. 
Posted February 12, 2009 3:19:01 AM
View All Replies Made By This User