Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know crackingod...  
Full Name  
Nickname crackingod 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/20/2002 9:03:53 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Problem with textures and OpenGL Hi! I am having problems with some textures in my game. The problem comes from the horizontal roads. It seems that some lines are not drawn properly. This problem doesn't seem to appear with vertical roads, houses or bridge. However if you... 
Posted January 15, 2007 1:11:39 PM
Little question on how to structure this Hello For the moment in my game I have a way of constructing buildings which is done this way: struct Building { std::string name; std::string tex; int x; int y; }; class BuildingFactory { public: void Init(std::vector<Tex... 
Posted January 9, 2007 3:04:42 PM
Artist needed for small project [screenshots inside] Team name: None for the moment Project name: Civolution Brief description: This project has been started about a month ago; I am working on this by myself and doing all the coding; I am aiming to do a civilization-like which also inclu... 
Posted December 26, 2006 11:32:19 AM
Civolution Civolution is a civilization-like game I've been developing in the last month. For the moment I've been working on the game city-builder. In fact the game will be played on 3 levels: world/country/city. It's all 2D for the moments and some... 
Posted December 27, 2006 5:28:55 PM
Structuring my code. GLUT etc... Hi everybody! As my project, a city-builder, is growing my code is becoming more and more voluminous (atm 2000 lines). It is based on a small 2D engine I wrote from scratch with OpenGL and GLUT. Now, for the moment I wrapped the GLUT code i... 
Posted December 19, 2006 7:47:51 PM
Problem with glBindTexture Hi, I have a problem with the following bit of code: Texture.h: #ifndef TEXTURE_H #define TEXTURE_H #include <vector> #include <string.h> #include <fstream> #include <sstream> #include <iostream> #includ... 
Posted December 1, 2006 10:50:37 AM
Tile Map Editor Hi, For the needs of my game I would need an editor that could easily output a map in this format: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 m m m m m m m m g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g m m m m m... 
Posted November 19, 2006 6:21:31 PM
Problem with multiple files Hi, I'm not used to working with multiple files, so this might be something really stupid. Anyway here is the problem: I have a bit of code: #ifndef _TEXTURE_H #define _TEXTURE_H #include "System.h" class Texture { public: void loadT... 
Posted November 22, 2006 1:29:22 PM
Font Engine Hi, I am currently looking into implementing a font engine for my game. I looked at various things. Most of the stuff I found however, was windows dependent. I'd like not to put my hands into OS-specific programming for the moment and keep my game... 
Posted November 19, 2006 7:19:28 PM
Map format loading Hi, Ok this question might seem stupid, but I am really not used with working with streams and external files. In my game I currently have a tile map which is 32 rows and 24 columns. It workd very well, but I would like to add the possibility to... 
Posted November 19, 2006 9:08:25 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Game designer / 2d artist / musician looking for creative, open-minded programmer PM ;) 
Posted January 30, 2007 6:27:26 PM
Commercial MMORPG - Realms of Validor PM ;) 
Posted January 25, 2007 6:17:06 AM
Commercial MMORPG - Realms of Validor Sent you an email PixelComposer 
Posted January 25, 2007 4:41:14 AM
artist free for work Civolution (click on link) is a project I'm working on. Since you don't do pixel art you might be interested in some GUI art maybe? If it is of any interest to you just let me know by PM ;) Cheers 
Posted January 24, 2007 8:50:35 AM
Problem with textures and OpenGL Ok, but then not all screens support 1280*800 resolutions... I would need a solution which is independant on the resolution of the screen (and which doesn't force the player into one resolution) 
Posted January 15, 2007 5:25:45 PM
Problem with textures and OpenGL Mmmm thats because my screen resolution is 1280*800... So does that mean that my textures will be dependant upon the resolution of the screen? 
Posted January 15, 2007 4:54:05 PM
Problem with textures and OpenGL I don't see why I map a 32*32 texture on a 31*25 polygon. In fact I have 192 for the Bottom GUI and then 768 for the tiles. That is 768/24: 32 and Same thing for the right bar and therefore horizontal. 
Posted January 15, 2007 3:19:32 PM
Little question on how to structure this Thanks I thought about that, but then I'm not too sure on how to pass the names of the textures (each texture being exactly one tile) to cover the right space? Maybe take an array to take the texture names? 
Posted January 9, 2007 9:10:21 PM
Little question on how to structure this Anything constructive? 
Posted January 9, 2007 8:18:41 PM
pCubed Games recruiting! Hello, just a few questions: Are you a registered company? Is the programming C++? What Compensation? P.S: You might want to use the Help Wanted template to post your message or a moderator might delete it.  
Posted January 9, 2007 6:09:00 PM
View All Replies Made By This User