Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know K_J_M...  
Full Name  
Nickname K_J_M 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1110  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/26/2007 5:24:02 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Game Vendors Link Exchange I would like to invite anyone who has games to sell to partake in a Link Exchange programme. The idea being that you post in this thread, a Url to an image of your game ( .jpg , not too large ), hosted on your website, along with a url to a d... 
Posted December 20, 2007 1:04:12 PM
Fish Flocking Demo you can find it at my website http://www.kjmsoftware.co.uk/ Here is a small demo using the Boids flocking algorithm. I've included the source code for anyone who would like to have a look. I hope you like it, makes a great screensaver. ... 
Posted November 5, 2007 5:53:07 AM
Auto Cross Racing - ON SALE NOW Auto Cross Racing Full Version Now On Sale Auto Cross Racing gets featured on Fileplanet's Indie Game Of The Month. With 4-5 million users a month on fileplanet, auto cross racing should get some great exposure. Many thanks go to Dav... 
Posted March 18, 2007 3:42:32 AM
UPDATED Auto Cross Racing Demo Single track demo 44mb zip file Demo website with more screenshots http://www.kjmsoftware.co.uk/ Read the Instructions.htm on how to play Updates ------- Easier gameplay Skidmarks 6 Cameras with auto zoom feature Music Digital J... 
Posted April 5, 2007 9:47:33 AM
Auto Cross Racing ( feedback request ) Auto Cross Racing. ---------------------------- Demo now taken offline Screenshots screenshot 1 screenshot 2 screenshot 3 screenshot 4 screenshot 5 screenshot 6 screenshot 7 screenshot 8 screenshot 9 screenshot 10 scre... 
Posted February 26, 2007 5:30:51 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Comparing 2D angles for rotation (Solved) I've found this one line of code does the trick new_angle# = ATan2(Sin(angle_1# - angle_2#) , Cos(angle_1# - angle_2#)) new_angle# is also signed ( - + ) telling you either left or right ( in 2d ) and is the shortest angle. In fact... 
Posted November 29, 2010 9:40:01 AM
Catmull Rom splines I had this problem a while back for my 2d scrolling shoot em up too. And i found some bezier spline code which moved at a constant speed and deduced from that the same method to use for Catmull Rom splines. And i've created 2 demo's , with sour... 
Posted June 29, 2010 1:47:39 AM
Car simulation - Pacejka, slip angle and oversteer I've said this before for other car physics developers, but have you tried simplifying your physics down from a 4 point ( 4 wheel ) system to a 1 point single wheel. Treating the chassis as 1 wheel. I can get oversteer very easily using single po... 
Posted November 10, 2009 5:11:17 AM
Car simulation - Pacejka, slip angle and oversteer "By definition, the oversteer is having bigger slip angle on the rear wheels, than the front wheels. But since the force returned by Pacejka is greater at higher slip, the yaw rate velocity will tend to stabilize, and so the oversteer wont be po... 
Posted November 9, 2009 5:10:21 AM
Daz 3d I'm personally not a user, but i do have a friend who uses daz 3d quite alot and have seen him do facial manipulations within daz 3d. I'm quite sure that the standard daz 3d editor doesn't allow for facial manipulations, but that 3rd party plugins... 
Posted September 5, 2009 5:05:45 AM
Blitz Plus problem: I can't get my sound to play. I'm a Blitzmax user and not a Blitz Plus user, but i suspect the commands are similar for both languages. Blitz usually needs the playsound in the format , sound sfx , channel Blitzmax needs a channel allocating before it an be used. So if a... 
Posted August 11, 2009 5:12:36 AM
2D Platformer Collision - Moving Platforms, etc I've implemented moving platforms in my game quite succesfully. Assuming you know the velocities of the moving platform, simply add them to your players position. Taking a 2d example. My moving platform moves with velocites moving_platf... 
Posted July 21, 2009 5:11:00 AM
Racing Game AI (Crash course! - excuse the bad joke) Hi. Heres the solution i used for my game game Auto Cross Racing. You can try a free demo from the link below. http://www.reflexive.com/AutocrossRacing.html My technique was to use a waypoint system too. A series of user created x,y posi... 
Posted May 21, 2009 5:24:08 AM
GunGirl 2 DEMO (action platformer) Yeh, i have to agree with the above comments that the game runs slowly. I have a 2ghz cpu, radeon x800 256mb and 1gb ram and the game runs as though it's in slow motion. Which makes it unplayable basicaly. I also didn't know how to quit the... 
Posted May 14, 2009 5:08:38 AM
Why is Pacejka not related to speed? Yes, i've read that book, not understanding most of it, lol. I borrowed my version from the library. It's also the source for the Racer code, as suggested by the Racer author. I'd also be very interested to hear any information you can find... 
Posted May 13, 2009 5:40:34 AM
View All Replies Made By This User