Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know nooblet...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname nooblet 
State/Province, Country KS   United States
GD Gathering City Wichita, KS, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 922  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/18/2006 3:33:09 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/nooblet/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Seeking college advice! Hey everybody! First and foremost, I don't want this to be a huge discussion of which college is better, blah blah. I just need some advice of what I should do to get my feet in the door as a Game Developer. I recently enrolled into DeVry's GSP pr... 
Posted June 15, 2010 1:28:19 AM
I've reached a standpoint... Hey everybody, So I'm sort of stuck and am seeking some help. I've been programming off and on for a number of years, and have purchased classes at GameInstitute. I thought the C++ tutorials (at least the beginning) was great and easy to unde... 
Posted January 13, 2010 4:55:05 AM
[C++] Class Issues... Hey everybody! So I'm working on a text-RPG before I jump into graphic related programming. The question I have though, is why exactly I'm having so many issues accessing my variables? I'm trying to access them via public functions inside of the... 
Posted November 13, 2009 10:13:08 AM
Where to begin? Hey everybody! So I was curious as to where exactly I need to go to begin working in 3D graphics, or where I need to go back to before I jump into 3D graphics. Here is how I got to where I am today: When I was 9 years old I began writing web pages in... 
Posted July 14, 2009 5:59:27 AM
[FullSail] Quick question... Hey everybody, I didn't know where to post this, but I figured GameDev would be the best place to ask. So basically, let's put it like this, I've wanted to go to Full Sail since freshman year of High School, and I'm graduated now but plans have chang... 
Posted July 13, 2009 6:47:35 PM
[XNA] Team seeking more... Team name: Optic-Gaming Brief description: The goal of Optic-Gaming is, simply put, education. The team is created for the purpose of teaching each other the C# using XNA. We will begin this goal by starting out with small 2D projects (Pong, Tet... 
Posted May 5, 2009 5:48:02 AM
Animated GIF's with XNA Hey everyone! So I was curious as to how to get animated GIF's to work with XNA. I downloaded the XNA GIF Animation Library, but I have absolutely no clue how to use it. The link is: http://www.codeplex.com/xnagif . I can't seem to find any tutorials... 
Posted April 23, 2009 6:04:04 PM
2D Role-Playing Game Team name: Optic-Gaming Project name: Aevum of Bellum Brief description: Aevum of Bellum ("Age of War") is a 2D role-playing game focused in the medieval timeframe. We will have the story and everything written out on the forums for eve... 
Posted November 23, 2008 6:26:14 AM
[SDL] Creating a child window... Hey everyone, I was curious if it was possible to make another window inside of the screen. Making the screen the root, and the other window the child. What I mean is something like this: ROOT -> READ USER INPUT -> IF PRESSES W ->... 
Posted November 18, 2008 9:01:42 PM
windows.h Okay so I'm trying to work on a mod using Source SDK and VC2005 Express. I downloaded Platform SDK and I put all the directories in under Tools > Options, and I added user32.lib to the Linker > Input, but I'm still getting this error: ... 
Posted November 12, 2008 10:47:24 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
GameDev.net XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop in time for DBP 2011! Ah, thanks a lot! That's what I noticed on the site too, so I stopped visiting and just kind of switched over back to C++/SDL. I'm going to join in on this too :-). It'll be a great learning experience! I look forward to learning with every... 
Posted November 18, 2010 11:41:14 PM
GameDev.net XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop in time for DBP 2011! I'm still trying to decide if I want to join this, but I did have a few questions regarding XNA 4.0 and the workshop. Is XNA 4.0 strictly mobile phone development or is there still support for the Xbox 360 and computer? Furthermore, if there is still... 
Posted November 18, 2010 11:08:24 PM
Am I ready for this book? I actually own the second edition, but didn't quite get into it. I can't say I've seen a lot of books in my local bookstore. Quite a few people recommend NeHe's tutorials. I hear they're not coded in the best ways, but the tutorials are great, but I'... 
Posted November 18, 2010 11:01:01 PM
Seeking college advice! Thank you so much, TheDade. I really appreciate an honest answer with detail behind every bit of it. I read a lot of posts saying basically the same thing you did, that more career opportunities open up with a degree in Computer Science, and you typi... 
Posted June 15, 2010 9:31:23 AM
I've reached a standpoint... Thank you very much for your reply! That really helps me out a lot! 
Posted January 13, 2010 6:38:41 AM
[C++] Class Issues... Mine is just a collaboration of experience I've had with GameInstitute :-P. It's just going to be a very small game, and although it has some fairly more complicated features, I won't overdue it :-P. I've worked with 2D previously, and I've coded my... 
Posted November 13, 2009 1:03:40 PM
[C++] Class Issues... Ah, okay, cool. I'll see if I can find it in the processes and then add fstream again and see what happens.... and yes, it worked. Very cool, thank you! My apologies! :-P. 
Posted November 13, 2009 11:47:30 AM
[C++] Class Issues... Sorry for the double-post, but I fixed it. For some reason, including fstream disallowed my program to run. Who knows? Ah well, I wasn't going to use it yet, anyways :-P. 
Posted November 13, 2009 11:45:22 AM
[C++] Class Issues... Thank you :-). I couldn't remember to save my life, I just remembered using it previously. 
Posted November 13, 2009 11:43:47 AM
[C++] Class Issues... Oh, haha, forgot to do that. 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Cameron Smith\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Age of War\Debug\Age of War.exe' There you go, sorry! 
Posted November 13, 2009 11:40:21 AM
View All Replies Made By This User