Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Phyxx...  
Full Name  
Nickname Phyxx 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1025  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/5/2000 2:13:07 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SDL game competition This is from a series of tutorials that show you how to create an old school shoot'em'up with SDL and C++. This was inspired by a competition being run over at SDL Tutorials 
Posted August 17, 2009 10:20:27 AM
3D and game programming tutorials 3D and game programming tutorialsPosted by: Matt Casperson at December 18, 2009 11:43:50 PMI have been working over the last few months to create a number of tutorials that focus on game and web development using C++, ActionScript, javascrip... 
Posted December 18, 2009 11:43:50 PM
Make a Flash game with Flixel These are screenshots from a tutorial series that shows you how to create a Flash simple platform game using the Flixel game engine. You can read the tutorials here. It's a slight modification of the Flixel Mode game, but the code has been cleaned... 
Posted December 8, 2009 10:13:44 AM
Embed Ogre in a webpage By combining SWT, Ogre4J and the next-generation Java plugin it is now possible to embed Ogre3D in a webpage. You can read about how it was done here, and view the demos here. I am hoping to get the majority of the demos that are supplied with... 
Posted October 19, 2009 1:43:45 PM
Away3D Lite Demos Away3D Lite is a cut down of the Away3D Flash 3D engine, and it is reportedly 4 times faster. These are a few screenshots from some demos (here and here) designed to test the new engine. 
Posted September 22, 2009 6:40:09 PM
Making a platform game with JavaScript I am currently working on a tutorial series that demonstrates how to create a simple platform game using javascript and the new Canvas element. The Canvas element is an incredible powerful addition to the HTML standard, so of course I wanted... 
Posted July 3, 2009 12:48:38 PM
Flash and JavaScript 3D with Sandy-HX The Flash Sandy 3D engine has released a Haxe port called Sandy-HX, which allows 3D application to be written for Flash and now javascript. Sandy-HX is probably the most advanced javascript 3D engine available. These shots are from a tutor... 
Posted July 10, 2009 11:37:04 AM
Irrlicht with Java and WebStart I've just posted some articles on using Irrlicht and Java at http://www.brighthub.com/internet/web-development/articles/15493.aspx. It's a good place to start for those looking for a fully featured 3D engine with Java. 
Posted November 21, 2008 6:19:05 AM
Flint particle system with Papervision 3D Flint is a free Flash particle engine which has recently been updated to integrate with Papervision 3D. This is an example of how to use the various Flint renderers (pixel, particle, Papervision). The demo and source code can all be found at http:... 
Posted November 9, 2008 2:23:40 PM
Jetstream I have recently finished a preview version of my game Jetstream. It's an old school top down shooter created with the Ogre engine. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have on the game, and any problems you have running it. You can download th... 
Posted September 4, 2007 11:04:24 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Embed Ogre in a webpage There was an issue with trying to run multiple SWT instances in one Java VM, but that seems to be fixed by specifying that each applet run in it's own VM. It now works in Firefox on my PC. If anyone else has issues can you write a reply... 
Posted October 20, 2009 8:05:48 AM
Away3D Lite Demos The robot isn't cel shaded, it's just got simple textures. These demos are really just tech demos to show off Away3D Lite, but I'd love to take them further at some point and actually make something playable. 
Posted September 26, 2009 7:47:22 PM
SDL game competition The project was used as a tutorial on how to program a game. I have no artistic talent, so the graphics were sourced from where ever I could find them. It's programmer art for the internet age. 
Posted August 18, 2009 6:53:29 PM
SDL game competition The post where the graphics were original released is here. The author does mention that the graphics can be freely used. I'm not sure about any publisher rights though. 
Posted August 17, 2009 7:00:56 PM
Which Engine to use? http://www.squidoo.com/3D-engine-tutorials This is a project that attempts to create a common set of tutorials, along with a general summary of the pro's and con's of each engine. Currently has a tutorials for Ogre, Crystal Space and Irrlicht. If... 
Posted December 6, 2008 7:48:59 PM
Game Needed for Ocean Conservation I've been toying with Flex with the aim of recreating some of the old Amiga/Genesis type 2D games. As it turns out my prototype wprk may be useful to you. If you're interested I could easily flesh the game out (it is pretty basic, but you should get... 
Posted September 22, 2007 1:24:05 AM
Specifying transparent colour for Bitmap in Prophecy Engine? I was under the impression that Prophecy was going to have a 3D engine released on top of it in the next few months? 
Posted October 8, 2000 6:43:04 PM
tile based game help needed Check out http://turbid.chthonic.bc.ca/ and look for a link to an engine called Radion. It’s probably the simplest way to program 2D games in Visual Basic. 
Posted October 1, 2000 10:51:06 PM
a* question Sorry, that diagram sisn’t turn out like it shoudl have. I’ll try again. [1] [2] [3] [8] [ ] [4] [7] [6] [5] I hope this one displays properly 
Posted June 19, 2000 7:35:57 PM
A* in Visual Basic? Yeah, it looks good... but how do I use it? You have all these sections: Data Module Dijkstra (Visibility graph) Roadmaps Cell Decomposition Potential 1 (Trial & Error) Potential 2 (Best-first) Potential 3 (Wavefront-expansion) Pot... 
Posted June 5, 2000 10:14:30 PM
View All Replies Made By This User