Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know blueapple...  
Full Name John Timbers
Nickname blueapple 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1041  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/13/2007 11:34:56 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Hydro Hey all! Here's some screenshots from a project I have been working on for the last few weeks. It's a "particle game", where you are supposed to get an x amount of water from A to B. Much like the Falling Sand games, but with a "goal". Th... 
Posted May 3, 2008 1:27:29 PM
Spritesheet Hello! Quick question; I have a spritesheet, all sprites are 16x16 and in multiple lines. I know the width and the height of the sheet. How would I do to get the coordinates of the n:th sprite? 
Posted September 28, 2007 1:43:22 PM
IRC Integration Hello everybody! I've been working on my own little online hack-n-slash game (rpg) awhile now, and got this brilliant idea. What if my server could communicate with me wherever I am. My first thought was to make it handle telnet conn... 
Posted May 1, 2007 9:59:16 AM
C# and Graphics Here's my story; I've started coding a (tile based) game, using C++ and SDL + OpenGL. I've gotten so far so that a few fancy maps could be handy, so I decided to code a map editor. So I searched these forums and tested out various RAD "tools/langua... 
Posted April 9, 2007 4:37:00 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Google Go! For those who hasn't heard about it yet, here are two links: The Go Programming Language - golang.org Go (programming language) - Wikipedia 
Posted January 5, 2010 10:28:50 AM
White Text on Black or Black on White? Daytime, when the eye is adapted to a greater amount of light, black on white (ie. dark-on-light) is fine for me. On the evenings (and nights) however, I prefer it the other way around. The already mentioned F.lux is really handy, it makes t... 
Posted April 20, 2009 2:36:36 PM
Which 2D game franchise would you want revived? Quote:Original post by Kobalt64 (Actually, that link says Jetpack 2 is in development?) The wikipedia page links to this page, which in turn links to this blog. It has a few screenshot and they seem to mention "Jetpack 2" in quite a few posts. 
Posted April 12, 2009 5:44:10 AM
Fishing in MMO Quote:Original post by Anton Vatchenko Water is different from busher, etc. Operations are: 1. User clicks on the object (bush, enemy, item on the ground). 2. Make a ray trace. 3. Send to a server "I clicked on the entity 28372". ... 
Posted August 22, 2008 1:55:38 PM
simulating arrow I see I mixed it up. tinu, check out Trajectory of a projectile on Wikipedia. It contains everything you need. 
Posted July 3, 2008 8:09:18 AM
simulating arrow If you put t (time) on the x (horizontal) axis, and x on the y (vertical) axis then you get a "two-dimensional equation" (Or at least a two-dimensional plot).  
Posted July 3, 2008 6:57:58 AM
open src game that uses AI algs (e.g. A*) Sourceforge.net is probably a good place to look. A search for "pathfinding". A search for "ga". 
Posted June 12, 2008 6:23:53 AM
writing actual code? Wikipedia - Scripting language Wikipedia - Shell script Wikipedia - Open source 
Posted June 10, 2008 4:54:29 PM
VERY simple chess engine Um, is there anything specific that you need help with? I believe that if you're looking for a "coding partner", then you should post in the Help Wanted forum. 
Posted June 10, 2008 10:48:53 AM
make numbers wrap around Well, actually, he asked:Quote:Original post by Sync Views How can I make a double or int wrap around between 0 <= x < 360 But you're right, for doubles, it won't work (and I'm not sure about negative numbers). 
Posted May 14, 2008 5:01:54 PM
View All Replies Made By This User