Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know fujitsu...  
Full Name  
Nickname fujitsu 
State/Province, Country New South Wales   Australia
GD Gathering City Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/21/2006 11:20:52 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
A creative 2D artist wanted Team name: Ten Apostles (not a registered company) Project name: JAdvancedWars Brief description: This project is an attempt to recreate the the tile based action of Nintendo's Advance Wars on GBA for PC. The project team are aiming to... 
Posted February 25, 2008 5:29:55 AM
Game Networking I'm a student currently working on a project with some guy from overseas. For the networking, I've used Java's knock knock client/server tutorial (the multi threaded one), and added my own Listener to reduce class coupling. My problem... 
Posted February 21, 2008 7:08:14 AM
Student looking for group with small project Name: Ben Expected Compensation: None Contact Information: via GameDev Previous Projects C++: tetris, minesweeper + AI, a 2d space sim, a crappy rpg Previous Projects Java: tetris, advance wars (with networking, no AI yet) Experience: Mostl... 
Posted November 12, 2007 8:22:05 AM
Passing multiple Arguments Hello, I'm trying to make a simple GUI. I want to make a function that receives the number of arguments and their names. show_menu(int argc, char *argv[]) //I copied int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { /*while int i < argc, cout argv[i]*/ } ... 
Posted January 28, 2007 9:54:01 PM
Networking in C++ I'm notoriously bad at downloading, installing and compiling libraries. I need help getting a networking library to work, I've downloaded Enet, OpenTnl and RakNet; none of which I've had any luck yet. I'm using dev-cpp. TCP or UDP is ok. I've l... 
Posted January 2, 2007 7:37:08 AM
cpu usage problems I'm a comp sci student, all i've learnt is data structures. However I find this boring and I try my hand at making games! I've made several simple console games so far including tetris. The only problem is that I use a while loop to delay the... 
Posted November 22, 2006 12:06:08 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Implementing a waypoint system To be honest I've never thought of precalculated path finding before, Though it does seem ideal for a game with a relatively small amount of nodes over a large area. Precalculated path finding: - Dijkstra algorithm should be used. - uses less... 
Posted February 25, 2008 11:20:55 PM
Robots Evolve And Learn How to Lie Quote:Original post by makar adult: 'did you make this mess?' child: 'yes' *smack* I'd just like to point out something: The article is titles "robots evolve and learn how to lie" however it is about the evolutionary process of intelligenc... 
Posted February 24, 2008 9:35:49 AM
Traversing a racetrack (Car AI) Firstly, I'd just like to point out that the racing line is different for every car (probably best to make each car the same to begin with). The racing line is obviously the fastest speed at which a car can handle around the track. Each car has di... 
Posted February 24, 2008 8:15:09 AM
Game Networking Quote: Quote:The second is identity, how do I know which player the message is from? I'd like to have a list of unique usernames (or id's) and be able to send replies to individual clients. That would be your socket instance you obtain from accep... 
Posted February 22, 2008 10:00:05 AM
Game Networking After much thought, I think simplicity is the key. What I can do is give each client handling thread an id upon its creation. The business part of the server would look like this: int id = 0; while(true) {... 
Posted February 22, 2008 7:09:18 AM
Updating and Collisions I'm no expert either but just a thought: Updating positions first lets you determine the effect of the collision based on the overlap and I think would be easier to implement. But what if an object is traveling fast and misses other objects'... 
Posted February 21, 2008 8:53:39 AM
Game idea! Feedback wanted. Because no human input is necessary, the game would make a good candidate for a web based game. Like 'Kings of Chaos' or one of those sport management games. Users can create an account, make a robot and enter a league/tournament to win cash for... 
Posted February 21, 2008 8:07:37 AM
Path-Finding with unknown goal Positions Well my first attempt at posting an image failed... Perhaps this will work.  
Posted February 21, 2008 7:48:17 AM
Path-Finding with unknown goal Positions I read the first post and did a word find "dijkstra" and it did not appear! Dijkstra's algorithm isn't the fastest search algorithm BUT it doesn't require a destination so it is used for resource gathering in strategy games. Because the charact... 
Posted February 21, 2008 7:45:36 AM
Passing multiple Arguments Ah, Thankyou for that, As you said It works really well! Until now i have simply used: using namespace std; Do you have some recomended reading I could do? As most of this is new to me. 
Posted January 28, 2007 10:58:35 PM
View All Replies Made By This User