Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Tera_Dragon...  
Full Name Rhys Berridge-Jones
Nickname Tera_Dragon 
State/Province, Country Wrexham   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Wrexham, Wrexham, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1107  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/14/2004 6:50:30 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
std::string errors in release mode When building in release mode I get the run time error: "Microsoft Visual Studio C Runtime Library has detected a fatal error in Blank.exe." for the code std::string str = "string"; What's going on here? 
Posted April 28, 2006 11:05:21 AM
libcmtd.lib linker errors My project was building perfectly, but after I changed a numeric value (just player velocity) I started getting linker errors. These errors seem to have started for absolutely no reason. Linking... libcmtd.lib(fpinit.obj) : error LNK2005: __fltus... 
Posted April 22, 2006 11:04:06 AM
Can't get FTGL to work I've built the libs and dll, but to be able to build the dynamic lib and dll I had to change the freetype included lib from freetype204MT_D.lib to freetype.lib as that was the only freetype lib I had. It seemed to work though. I included the li... 
Posted April 20, 2006 10:45:21 AM
Mousewheel input I'm having trouble getting scrolling input from the mousewheel. The only thing I've been able to find is WM_MOUSEWHEEL, but I get an undeclared identifier error message when I use it. I guess that I need to include a certain header to use it, bu... 
Posted April 9, 2006 6:23:40 PM
Detecting if two keys are held down together I'm working on a text box for my gui. I would like to be able to select text when pressing shift and moving the caret with the arrow keys, though I am having trouble detecting when the shift key is being pressed. I've tried using an array of bo... 
Posted March 13, 2006 6:15:28 AM
Which .x file modelling program do you use? I've tried using blender3d, but the models do not load, giving an error with the Mesh.LoadFromFile (using MDX) method. I was wondering what everyone else uses to create their .x models. 
Posted December 14, 2005 5:59:51 PM
Odd clipping [MDX] Here is a screenshot of my app rendering a mesh As you can see it looks like it is clipping incorrectly. I have enabled the depth stencil and disabled culling in an attempt to correct this, but it has not worked pres.EnableAutoDepthStencil = t... 
Posted December 13, 2005 6:12:14 PM
Rendering to a section of a window, while still using Win32 controls (MDX) I've just started to look at using DX with C# and decided to make a simple level editor with it as a learning project. I can set up a window with DX, though what I really want is to be able to only set a section of the window for use with DX, a... 
Posted December 11, 2005 10:23:22 AM
Program not running for some people On some computers when trying to run the program the error "Failed to start because the application configuration was incorrect" is displayed. The only thing I can think of is that the computers that it does not run on are using WinXP SP1... 
Posted November 28, 2005 11:36:05 AM
Collision code is extremly slow The collision detection code detects collisions between models. It first checks the AABBs of each model against each other model, and if they intersect checks each triangle in the models for intersections. There are about 30 models in the scene, eac... 
Posted November 28, 2005 4:52:30 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Noob in Distress! The second problem shouldn't be an error, but a warning. You can either ignore it or cast the return of time() to unsigned int: srand( (unsigned int)time(0) ); Also counter += 1; can be replaced by counter++; [smile] 
Posted June 6, 2006 12:08:21 PM
NeHe lessons 1-10 I thought the same thing when I first read those tutorials. Though keep at it and it and you will understand in the end. 
Posted May 27, 2006 6:06:45 AM
Continue oops, sorry. My mistake. 
Posted May 3, 2006 12:19:22 PM
Continue I just tried it and it first prints 1, then repeatedly prints 234234... It never reaches 5 because the continue statement causes the loop to move onto the next loop early. It continuously loops because putchar('2') must be returning a non-null i... 
Posted May 3, 2006 12:05:51 PM
std::string errors in release mode I was including a .lib file built in debug mode. The lib had included <string> and it looks like that was causing the error. I built a release version of the lib and it solved the problem. Is there a way to declare a class that is in a differe... 
Posted April 28, 2006 11:18:07 AM
std::string errors in release mode I just realized that I'm including <string> in a debug version of a lib, I'll check now to see if that's the reason. 
Posted April 28, 2006 11:09:55 AM
char* to string conversion Can't you just use std::string str(pCharArray); or std::string str = pCharArray; 
Posted April 23, 2006 3:11:16 PM
c++ virtual function question Sounds to me as though that would be just as slow (maybe more so) than just calling a virtual method. 
Posted April 23, 2006 12:23:53 PM
Question about VC++ 6.0 (about map STL) I think that error means that you are trying to call an object's method with a pointer, but the pointer does not point to an object. You'll need to use the debugger to find out where and why this is happening. If it's not meant to be pointing to anyt... 
Posted April 23, 2006 9:33:10 AM
Question about VC++ 6.0 (about map STL) That shouldn't effect the building of the project. You could just disable that warning message. 
Posted April 23, 2006 5:15:14 AM
View All Replies Made By This User