Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Mithrandir...  
Full Name Mithrandir Poopsmith
Nickname Mithrandir 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1337  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/14/1999 1:00:00 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Trees Part 2: Binary Trees
Trees Part I
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Draconian DRM means you get screwed, pirates don't So the inevitable happened. The honest people who bought Assassins Creed 2 cannot play their game because the authentication servers went down. Meanwhile, the pirates have been able to play the game with no problem, since it's been cracked since... 
Posted March 9, 2010 3:55:40 PM
Birthers So back when Obama first announced his intentions to run for President of the US, a fringe group of people suggested that he was born in Kenya and was not actually able to run for president. Obama released his birth certificate, Clinton, McCain, and... 
Posted July 29, 2009 12:35:29 PM
Don't let the door hit you on your way out, Texas. So the texans are threatening to secede again. I say good riddance. If this is your reaction to losing an election fair and square (and let's not forget it was someone from YOUR STATE who fucked the world economy up), we're not going to play alo... 
Posted April 16, 2009 12:56:38 PM
What do we do about the drug problem? Two of Mexico's deadliest drug cartels have reached a combined force of 100,000 foot soldiers, wreaking havoc across the country and threatening U.S. border states, the U.S. Defense Department told The Washington Times. My gut instinct is to a... 
Posted March 4, 2009 2:12:22 PM
Can we please ban private prisons now? I feel like screaming. I warned that this would happen years ago when BushCo decided that privatizing everything was an Awesome™ idea. It'll save the taxpayers so much money and be very efficient, the supporters said. I said it'll lead to nothing but... 
Posted February 16, 2009 12:38:00 PM
Goodbye 4th Ammendment Linky So the conservative majority in the Supreme court has decided today that the 4th ammendment just doesn't have to be followed anymore. I am almost speechless over this. How in the world can anyone possibly justify this? This is opening u... 
Posted January 15, 2009 2:56:46 PM
This is why Windows will never have a built in virus scanner So word is there's a new worm/virus out there named Conficker. This one spreads by poorly-configured networks and flaws in windows itself. On top of that, it also uses brute force to break poorly-constructed administrator passwords. Pretty s... 
Posted January 20, 2009 2:40:09 PM
The Falcon has Flown Didn't see anyone remark on this yet. SpaceX's Falcon I has finally succeeded, lofting a 670kg dummy payload to orbital velocity. For those of you who don't know, this is the first privately-funded liquid-fueled rocket to do so. I offer congr... 
Posted September 29, 2008 7:21:49 PM
Upgrading CPU's... does anyone ever do it? Every time I build a computer, I cheap out on the CPU because there's way more powerful ones on the horizon, and I always intend to upgrade the CPU later. But it never happens. I have never once upgraded a CPU in a computer,... 
Posted August 4, 2008 11:55:30 AM
That's something the Fuehrer would have done... wat. Quote: STEIN: I want -- I'm glad you brought up this Denver thing. I don't like the idea of Senator Obama giving his acceptance speech in front of 75,000 wildly cheering people. That is not the way we do things in political parties in the Un... 
Posted July 25, 2008 3:49:48 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Dear America Quote:Original post by irreversible Dear America, what THE HELL is wrong with your politicians? I was under the impression that politicians were supposed to be two-faced and fastidious, but not - what's the word? - ah, yes! Pure evil. I'm havi... 
Posted December 16, 2010 1:13:23 AM
native americans... would they have ever advanced to tech? Read a paper once that indicated that the native americans never invented the wheel because they never had a need for it. They didn't have any pack animals such as horses or bulls to pull things, and therefore never bothered to invent it. H... 
Posted December 14, 2010 2:44:36 PM
If the Koreans go to war, what will happen to USA economy? Quote:Original post by Zeraan Quote:Original post by way2lazy2care Quote:Original post by Mithrandir My prediction: China and US will arrive at a hidden deal, where they arrange Korean unification under Seoul leadership, but US troops will be mand... 
Posted December 6, 2010 6:08:57 PM
If the Koreans go to war, what will happen to USA economy? China doesn't want war with the US. They will lose too much exporting opportunities at this point in time. China wants North Korea to go away, because they're destabilizing the entire region. China does not want US troops on its borders, h... 
Posted December 6, 2010 2:37:22 PM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Quote:Original post by trzy Quote:Original post by Mithrandir Quote:Original post by trzy Show me the link. Recall that in 2005, Iran had already begun developing nuclear weapons, making bellicose threats against other nations, and funneling a... 
Posted November 29, 2010 5:17:15 PM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Quote:Original post by trzy Show me the link. Recall that in 2005, Iran had already begun developing nuclear weapons, making bellicose threats against other nations, and funneling arms and money to terrorist organizations. Had they not done thos... 
Posted November 29, 2010 4:43:57 PM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Quote:Original post by JoeCooper We could flush Iran down a toilet like a last night's beer if they wanted to fight us. They don't even have an aircraft carrier. You at least neat a carrier to attack someone. They can't really attack us, so we'd hav... 
Posted November 29, 2010 4:35:50 PM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Anyway, me and Pouya were talking about this earlier today. We came to the conclusion that if there is a major war soon, it's not going to be because of WikiLeaks. The world has been building its tensions for a decade now, possibly longer, and every... 
Posted November 29, 2010 12:50:02 AM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Quote:Original post by Kaze Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes WikiLeaks says that Saudi Arabia urged US to bomb Iran. Whats so shocking about Shi'ites and Sunnis still hating each other. This is more like Arabs vs Persians, to be honest. ... 
Posted November 29, 2010 12:46:46 AM
Is C++ being replaced with C#? Quote:Original post by blueshogun96 I prefer C/C++ because it's more "to the metal". That's a misconception. Anything low level that you can do in C/C++ you can also do in C#. Some people say that you shouldn't be using C# because it's "slow... 
Posted November 28, 2010 12:51:05 AM
View All Replies Made By This User