Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Cakey...  
Full Name  
Nickname Cakey 
State/Province, Country PA   United States
GD Gathering City Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1029  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/10/2008 5:19:14 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Orbitting Point Error? In essence I am trying to orbit a point around another point at a fixed distance. For some reason however, when I calculate the distance(or display the line) the orbitted point is much 'further' away from the 'origin'(point it is orbitting around). I... 
Posted December 31, 2010 10:24:00 PM
Nevermind I trashed my code So I'm making a quad-tree. So essentially I am flattening the Camera Frustum(to the X/Z axis), and testing to see if it holds a bunch of squares or intersects them. The faster the routine the better. If it helps at all my square is a true square(... 
Posted June 22, 2009 2:39:52 PM
Segment vs Segment Intersection or Segment vs AABB HELP I'm losing my mind here. I'm working on a segment to AABB intersection script. This has cost me 12 hours of my life I can never have back. The Line segment verse Line segment, I've been using apparently only works under certain conditions a... 
Posted June 17, 2009 1:37:52 AM
[solved](XNA) 3-D HUD? Overall confusion. So doing 2-D HUDS is exceptionally easy in XNA. I'm grateful for that! However I'm confused how to do a 3-D HUD and am at a lack for resources referring to such. By 3-D HUD I'm referring to say, a rifle model(Ex: "CoolGunD00d.X") glued/stuck to th... 
Posted June 12, 2009 12:26:48 AM
[solved](XNA) Creating Bounding Boxes from Model, need a little help The goal here is to create a AABB(BoundingBox) around each "mesh" / individual piece of the model. Alright here's my code: public List <BoundingBox> GetBoundingBoxesFromModel(){ List <BoundingBox> retList = new List&l... 
Posted June 10, 2009 8:47:10 PM
Sliding collision, lil help Alright, so here's the environment. C# XNA. The First colliding object is a BoundingSphere around my camera the second is a simple AABB(BoundingBox). Here's what I have so far: BoundingBox AABB = worldCollision[i]; ... 
Posted June 9, 2009 5:28:58 PM
*JOGL* .jar building troubles For some reason JVM and my Applet scripts cannot find my main class specified in bold below... Here's my .jar file for anyone interested. http://www.caseykneale.000space.com/ArtLaboratory.jar Here's my Applet Code(HTML) <applet code="org... 
Posted April 23, 2009 11:38:06 AM
Get angle of intersecting line-segments? How do I get the angle of two intersecting line segments? I'm trying to make a script so that when a segment intersects with another it reflects back(like bouncing a ball against a wall). This is a 2-D problem. I already have the point of inter... 
Posted April 15, 2009 5:11:12 PM
[solved]Line Line Intersection All I have to do is: - Make sure they aren't parallel - Calculate Point of Intersection - Check to make sure point is on both lines? Anything else I should be worried about? [Edited by - Cakey on April 1, 2009 6:00:32 PM] 
Posted April 1, 2009 3:15:26 PM
[solved]Find Y on 3-D Line Okay so I have a 3-D line. I have the two end points. Which means I can calculate the slope. I want to find out what the Y is on the line using the X and Z locations. How do I go about doing this? [Edited by - Cakey on April 1, 2009 7:56:... 
Posted April 1, 2009 8:15:19 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Orbitting Point Error? Happy New Years!! Hahaha, I have to say thank you so much my friend. That was the problem entirely. edit: now it's time to refine that ugly and abstract code. 
Posted January 1, 2011 12:43:49 AM
Orbitting Point Error? http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad173/smaerdsdreams/167bc600.png Here's a screen capture for better visualization. Do you see how the top line is longer than the bottom line? It's been a while since I've used this forum so sorry, I forgot th... 
Posted December 31, 2010 10:38:30 PM
Nevermind I trashed my code Is it going to be significantly slow to test every single point? With a method such as: private bool isPointInTriangle(Vector2 Point, Vector2 A, Vector2 B, Vector2 C){ float Orientation1 = Orientation(A, B, Point), Orientation2 = Orientat... 
Posted June 22, 2009 4:59:23 PM
Segment vs Segment Intersection or Segment vs AABB HELP Thank you soo much. Those are very nice concise examples. 
Posted June 17, 2009 4:45:35 AM
[solved](XNA) 3-D HUD? Overall confusion. Thanks guys I figured it out, doing it the way you explained. Not to tough once you understand what the Projection and View Matrices are. 
Posted June 12, 2009 1:04:52 PM
[solved](XNA) Creating Bounding Boxes from Model, need a little help Nevermind that was the whole problem thank you though!! 
Posted June 11, 2009 11:54:52 AM
[solved](XNA) Creating Bounding Boxes from Model, need a little help Thanks for that link. However, I've already seen it. My problem with it is it has to be done at compilation(Custom Content Processor). Does this idea only work at compilation time, or is it feasible to accomplish this just during run time? Co... 
Posted June 11, 2009 11:40:08 AM
Sliding collision, lil help if your camera hit's a wall it's supposed to just keep sliding but not go through the wall. I figured it out now though. Thanks a bunch! 
Posted June 10, 2009 9:02:37 PM
Sliding collision, lil help Yes the minimumDistance is the boundingSpheres radius. here's the fixes you suggested: //The Sphere and the AABB collide //1.Get closest coord from sphere Vector3 closestPoint = ClosestP... 
Posted June 10, 2009 6:06:15 PM
Sliding collision, lil help newer code less jittery but still has some error or something. Any ideas? BoundingBox AABB = worldCollision[i]; if (cameraSphere.Contains(AABB) != ContainmentType.Disjoint){ //The Sphere and the AABB c... 
Posted June 9, 2009 6:52:07 PM
View All Replies Made By This User