Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know arkangel2803...  
Full Name  
Nickname arkangel2803 
State/Province, Country Cataluna   Spain
GD Gathering City Barcelona, Cataluna, Spain
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1002  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/22/2008 7:16:51 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Red Gun Hi all I don't know if you remember me, i posted here about iL-engine project. I would like to share with you the actual project i am working with a mate. The game is called Red Gun, it is a game developed for iPhone / iPod / iPad and takes you... 
Posted December 2, 2010 3:21:25 PM
iL-engine v2.0 Hi all I dont know if you remember me, but year ago aprox. i posted an iL-engine related video. iL-engine is a learning purpose engine im developing for understand and implement new (or as new as i can ) technology. Im proud to show you the nex... 
Posted August 31, 2009 10:08:46 AM
How to interpolate between several SH nodes ? Hi all Im trying to find a method to interpolate data of some randomly scatered Spherical Harmonic nodes in a specific point in space. I know how to do it if you have a regular grid of nodes, but, i dont know how to do it with randomly nodes i... 
Posted January 20, 2010 6:11:44 PM
Material properties to shader uniforms Hi all I am rewriting my material class, and i am trying to optimize it because i think its terrible slow now uploading all the data to shader's uniforms variables. Now i have something like this ... class CMaterial { private: ... 
Posted September 22, 2009 9:42:39 AM
Deferred Rendering in World Space. Help with other spaces Hi all I am writing this post because I implemented Deferred Rendering using World Space coordinates. I must admit that I think better in World Space than in other spaces, and this will explain why I have some lack of precision in my Deferred Rend... 
Posted August 12, 2009 7:10:05 AM
How to sum rotations (vector + angle) ?? Hi all I think its a simple question, but i find nothing on forum yet :( I am programming static animations, and all meshes have initial translation, rotation and scale, and then, another translate + rotate + scale is interpolated from a s... 
Posted July 30, 2009 5:40:27 PM
Help with Stencil Buffer masking Light Volume Hi all I'm trying to implement Stencil masking for light's volumes in a deferred pipeline, but i have some problems, i understand the idea, but i dont know at 100% how to tell DirectX lib what to do. Look, i have a bounding box like a volume fo... 
Posted June 27, 2009 6:58:35 AM
World position reconstruction from Depth (almost done) Hi all I am trying to make a world position reconstruction algorithm and keep the concepts easy and clear. I had already done the entire algorithm but I have a little misunderstood concept that makes algorithm fails in some cases. First of all, I... 
Posted June 21, 2009 11:05:59 AM
Float to Float4, Float4 to Float Problems Hi all Im testing this code i found in this forum to encode some floats to a single float value and viceversa. float4 FloatToFloat4( float rawValue ) { float4 packFactors = float4( 256.0 * 256.0 * 256.0, 256.0 * 256.0, 256.0, 1.0); flo... 
Posted June 19, 2009 7:13:44 AM
iL-engine My final project at University It's an 3D engine for lightning ecuaction developing purpose. It was made with C++, DirectX9.0c and Shaders 3.0 Some of the features include: - Experimental fog with different colors interpolated with distan... 
Posted October 29, 2008 11:48:49 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Red Gun Hi all Here is the new promotional gameplay video. Hopes it like you ;) Red Gun Gameplay LLORENS 
Posted December 11, 2010 8:00:33 PM
Red Gun Hi sybixsus It is made with Unity 3D, and with a few drawbacks, developing for iOS with Unity 3D is acceptable, you need to know some bottlenecks and then you can start to develop :) THanks :) LLORENS 
Posted December 6, 2010 7:20:35 AM
iL-engine v2.0 Hi Its from a game, but i dont remember now from what game. I used textures from Half-Life 2, Doom 3/Quake 4, etc. Hope it helps you. LLORENS 
Posted September 7, 2009 5:31:50 AM
iL-engine v2.0 Hi Yeah, SSAO is still failling, it need more work around :) Formats are: (16 bits per component) RT1: Albedo.r Albedo.g Albedo.b NeedIlumination RT2: Normal.r Normal.g Normal.b Specular RT3: Depth(32bits) SpecularExp(32bits) RT4: LightAc... 
Posted September 2, 2009 6:41:17 AM
iL-engine v2.0 Hi gjaegy Imagine an image of 4x4 subimages who contains animation frames of this flame. Then you only need to spawn a particle without velocity and render it over time without any kind of fade effect. This fire is only usable on... 
Posted September 1, 2009 8:33:00 AM
iL-engine v2.0 Thanks They are inspired on Diablo 3 scenes ;) LLORENS 
Posted August 31, 2009 1:58:46 PM
iL-engine v2.0 Thanks Patrick, i have in mind more things for this project :) LLORENS 
Posted August 31, 2009 11:09:10 AM
Crytek's MassLighting early implementation Quote:Original post by sebh Quote:Original post by arkangel2803 Hi Maybe, i dont know at 100%, they talk about 'visibility' of these secondary lights, and they use a map with somekind of imperfect shadow map to solve this 'visibility', but i don... 
Posted August 26, 2009 4:38:48 PM
Crytek's MassLighting early implementation Hi Maybe, i dont know at 100%, they talk about 'visibility' of these secondary lights, and they use a map with somekind of imperfect shadow map to solve this 'visibility', but i dont know if i'm correct. Anyway, wich is the purpose of this mass... 
Posted August 26, 2009 12:41:14 PM
Crytek's MassLighting early implementation Hi SlyCoder Can you explain in few words how this method works ? I was reading Crytek's paper, but in his presentation, they said that there was no 'pre-calculations'. Then in paper i can see a lot of inperfect shadow maps, i think they are cal... 
Posted August 26, 2009 4:25:59 AM
View All Replies Made By This User