Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Loo Wang...  
Full Name  
Nickname Loo Wang 
State/Province, Country Bayern   Germany
GD Gathering City Lohr, Bayern, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/8/2005 8:50:11 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
C# Tao SimpleOpenGlControl Bug? Hi, I am working with Tao to use Opengl in C#, but I have a problem with the render results. I'm not sure whether it is a Tao bug, a driver problem or a line of code I've forgotten. It looks as if the depth test doesn't work correctly. Here you can... 
Posted May 1, 2008 12:14:22 PM
How to use a texture with different glContexts? Hello, I'm using C#, Tao for OpenGl and Tao.DevIl for the textures. I have several different windows in my application and each one has a "Tao.Platform.Windows.SimpleOpenGlControl" which is activated with ".MakeCurrent()" when the window is open... 
Posted February 18, 2008 1:27:25 PM
Grandpa must find his pension Hello, this is an applet I've written, 2 years ago. I couldn't put it on the web for a long time, because the sounds I tried to access, caused an PermissionDenied(?) Exception, but now I removed them, so it has no sound effects, but still makes... 
Posted May 3, 2007 1:21:06 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Stickman Warfare I like the term "über weapon". 
Posted June 15, 2008 10:05:30 AM
The Final Quest - 3D Graphics Engine Hi, looks really good! In the first moment I thought you are making a complete game and I was surprised about all the different modi in one game;) Especially the packman level! 
Posted December 9, 2007 4:45:06 AM
Multiple SimpleOpenGlControl [SOLVED] Thanx. Performance is not such a big problem, cause it will be just a small tool without shaders or something like that. 
Posted November 15, 2007 10:51:44 AM
Multiple SimpleOpenGlControl [SOLVED] Hi, I have the same problem. Could you or someone else please explain how exactly I can handle this behaviour with this method? 
Posted November 14, 2007 1:31:44 PM
BJS - Battle Just Started I installed your game, but when I tried to launch it, nothing happened, except that my desktop and the Windows GUI was scaled down a bit. There even appeared no task in the bottom line of the desktop. 
Posted December 24, 2006 7:43:34 AM
Vulcan3D engine Hi, I'm also impressed by your speed! But will it be a multi- or a single player game? Because I would first finish the fighting stuff before thinking about an editor and scripting languages. Or is it already possible to play against other players? T... 
Posted October 21, 2006 12:47:40 PM
Guidance for Game Programming . Hi! Directx is made for C++ and OpenGl for C(but of course you can encapsulate the OpenGl functions). You should have a look at nehe.gamedev.net (for OpenGl programming), read some tutorials and compare it with your DirectX book. You will probably u... 
Posted September 9, 2006 8:08:37 AM
A few questions about Doom Hi, I think you like the retro-look of Doom, but not the old technology. You said, you want to learn C/C++ and Opengl and that's the best choice if you want to see fast results. You could start as I did, 4 months ago. After learning some basics I too... 
Posted January 18, 2006 6:06:20 AM
gluPerspective thanx, that I haven't known. I think that will solve the problem 
Posted January 17, 2006 4:45:30 AM
gluPerspective I tried to implement in my engine that the player can press 'z' and everything is zoomed. In my InitGl() function I initialize the standard perspective with gluPerspective(45, width/heigth, 0.01, 1000), but when I change this by calling gluPerspectiv... 
Posted January 16, 2006 10:12:17 AM
View All Replies Made By This User