Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know olle hakansson...  
Full Name Olle Håkansson
Nickname olle hakansson 
State/Province, Country Vastra Gotaland   Sweden
GD Gathering City Gothenburg, Vastra Gotaland, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1032  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/17/2005 4:48:20 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Cross-platform .NET application Hi, I'm thinking of building a complex, editor that I want to be able to sell on both windows and mac (possibly add support for other platforms later). I want the editor to use XNA or perhaps SlimDX for rendering on windows, and something e... 
Posted May 20, 2010 5:16:15 AM
C# XML serialization - compact arrays Heya, I've used the IntermediateSerializer in the XNA framework for a while and while it works great for me. However, it's kind of worthless in a sense when building tools since non-coders using the tool would need to install the whole XNA framework... 
Posted December 19, 2009 2:31:01 AM
RK4 and impulses Heya, I'm having some trouble with getting physical forces to work framerate-independently. I'm using a RK4 implementation described here. So far, it has worked as I expected with gravity, player movements etc, but I'm having some trouble adding t... 
Posted July 30, 2009 8:04:14 AM
Trapped --------------------------------------- TRAPPED - In Yet Another Evil Maze! --------------------------------------- A game project by Olle Håkansson, Piotr Budziszewski, Johan Kjellson and Fredrik Johansson. Chalmers, IT-programmet, May 2005. ... 
Posted June 7, 2006 2:31:55 PM
Cout - Custom function Heya, I'd like to bind all stdout-output to a custom function, for example: void MyPrint(stringstream & ss) // or whatever; some kind of string of text { // Use some device for printing the text } ... int main() { cout <&... 
Posted June 13, 2007 5:39:44 AM
PSP Devkits Heya, I've been googling around for a while for some info about this, but no luck so far. I'm working in a small - but not entirely inexperienced - game company and we're currently trying to get into PSP-development. While we've had some progress... 
Posted July 26, 2006 1:25:18 PM
Good way to handle crashdumps Heya, I'm in a project which is in its final stages, and it's our first project that has come this far. We've run into a problem with testing. The thing is that we're still working on the project, but we need to start testing right away.... 
Posted February 25, 2006 7:41:57 AM
SE for a startup company Heya, I'm looking for some experienced opinions on how to improve the software-engineering processes for a newly formed company. --- I, myself work as programmer and I've worked with the others in the team for some years now, but I feel t... 
Posted November 27, 2005 7:01:28 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Anamanaguchi! Heh, that's funny, I heard the Scott Pilgrim game soundtrack this very weekend and thought "that's a really nice background tune", thanks for pointing out where it came from :) 
Posted November 15, 2010 1:18:09 PM
From C++ to C# XNA Just watch out for the Compact Framework issues if you're interested in making Xbox games. It cuts out a lot of the fun stuff from the language, most notably by having a pretty shabby garbage collector. The running advice (good advice or not, google... 
Posted October 31, 2010 4:16:17 AM
[XNA] Strange framerate drop + Performance advices It really smells like garbage collection. Try attaching the remote performance monitor and see how many collections you get. Also see Monitoring the garbage collector and Twin paths to garbage collector nirvana from Shawn Hargreaves blog about garbag... 
Posted October 23, 2010 7:59:05 AM
Total Annihilation Internet Play? Try TA: Spring, if that old remake is still around. 
Posted October 7, 2010 1:58:36 PM
Pancakes! Here's the way I've been taught: Ingredients: For N pancake eaters (I usually count myself as N=2 if I'm very hungry), 2*N dl milk 1*N dl flour 1*N eggs N/4 tea spoons salt Instructions: Add N dl milk to bowl. Mix in N dl flour to bowl. ... 
Posted September 1, 2010 4:45:04 PM
Why is Go around? Quote:One caveat. You should never put the opening brace of a control structure (if, for, switch, or select) on the next line. If you do, a semicolon will be inserted before the brace, which could cause unwanted effects. Wait, not only do... 
Posted July 25, 2010 6:04:52 AM
Pokemon (DS) Programming Quote:Original post by Rasheed Saeed Good evening, Gamedev!: Since this is my first thread & post, ill just take my time to introduce myself. My name is Rasheed Saeed, or know online Renkia. I Am a new Programmer/Coder. I've been learning t... 
Posted May 16, 2010 12:19:03 PM
C# XML serialization - compact arrays Bummer :( Why would a subclass of list as you mentioned only work with ints, floats and such? 
Posted December 19, 2009 9:08:23 AM
RK4 and impulses Right, that did the trick. Thanks for the help! 
Posted July 30, 2009 1:54:03 PM
Trapped Heya. Funny that this IOTD entry has popped up again, what is it, two years old now? Anyway, I think you can get through Mr Square by jumping on top of Speedo and then boosting him up. Speedo should be able to get through by himself, just "ch... 
Posted May 24, 2008 6:54:36 AM
View All Replies Made By This User