Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know [deleted99599]...  Banned
Full Name  
Nickname [deleted99599] 
State/Province, Country    United States
GD Gathering City Salem, , United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 867  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/26/2006 5:04:58 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How to get key input with a C# panel? I noticed that there are no key events for a panel such as OnKeyDown() and OnKeyUp(). Is it possible to make a user control of a panel that would have the events? Also, I'd need the double buffer property too. I'm suprised the panel is a bit... 
Posted May 7, 2006 7:43:38 PM
Is C# good enough for system utility programming I have a large interest in systems programming, such as low-level utility programs. C++ seems like an obvious choice, but I've also enjoyed .NET for GUI development, etc. Is the new C++/CLI better than C# for this kind of work? I'm still doubting C#... 
Posted May 9, 2006 2:51:56 PM
C# and MCI Hi, I'm curious if Microsoft made a MCI wrapper yet for .NET 2.0. The goal is to play multiple sounds at once and MCI was helpful in the past using C++. Is my only choice to pinvoke a certain dll? 
Posted May 5, 2006 7:46:29 PM
C++/CLI instead of the Win32 API? With a large background on software development, I have been noticing that C++/CLI removes most of the need to program directly in the Win32 API. I like it since it's C++ and the best of C# together, and sure makes C++ applications web-enabled &... 
Posted May 3, 2006 8:31:15 PM
Netbeans 5.0 - Getting a console window to open? I got Netbeans 5.0 set up to most of my preferences. The last one is to get the console window to open without text showing up in the debug window. Is there a way to do this? 
Posted April 30, 2006 10:58:30 PM
DirectDraw: 16-bit RGB problem The goal of this application is to draw a background rect with a cornflowerblue color. This should be a light blue-gray color with RGB values of 100, 149, 237. On execution, the color looks like a dim blue-gray color. I don't see why this is. Any... 
Posted April 25, 2006 9:23:28 PM
VC++ 2005 Standard intellisense problem I don't know if it's just me or not, but when I program, the intellisense basically looses track of what function I am in 30% of the time, and thus intellisense stops completely. It takes a few seconds for it to realize I'm in Render(), for example,... 
Posted April 24, 2006 8:04:06 PM
Need help with rendering contols over Java2D rendering I have a Java2D/Swing application that renders the entire screen. What I'd like to do is make a simple chatroom (2 textfields & 1 button) over the rendering. Even though I try this, the rendering is visible, but the controls aren't. Is there a way to... 
Posted April 23, 2006 11:55:08 PM
Your thoughts on "Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX, 2nd edition" This book seems up my alley, but there seems to be some mixed reviews about the first edition. Have you read the 2nd edition? Is it good enough for beginners to start with? The most I've done with DirectX is some 2d games although it was in managed c... 
Posted April 18, 2006 10:18:01 PM
Meshes and 3ds files Is it possible to load in .3ds mesh files into a D3D program? My 3d modeler really wishes to know since he had trouble with .X files in the past. 
Posted April 18, 2006 8:44:47 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What makes C++ so powerful? I agree with him partially but his response reminds me of an unsocial brat. I'm not suprised his sad life is wasted here on a daily basis. Anyway, I'm thankful that I don't have to deal with it any longer due to a new focus that's more realistic... 
Posted May 9, 2006 5:17:53 PM
What makes C++ so powerful? Oluseyi, I'm suprised you're still here after all these years, and that you still have time to chat with us beginners! Half the time I see you quoting noobs and attack them. Maybe you should open a new board section called Rants. You'd fit perfect th... 
Posted May 9, 2006 4:18:55 PM
What makes C++ so powerful? I'll add some answers as of why it's powerful: 1) It's a middle-level language, meaning it has the best of high-level languages with the control and flexibility of assembly language. New languages are judge with C++. Most algorithms & examples (ev... 
Posted May 9, 2006 3:48:11 PM
Is C# good enough for system utility programming Wasn't there a recent article saying that Vista moved back to C++? Regardless, I have a friend at MS who knows about that. I remember the TV news talking about MS's new .NET security, but that was before this. Anyhoo, thanks, I'll stay with C++ for t... 
Posted May 9, 2006 3:20:48 PM
How to get key input with a C# panel? I wonder why VS05 hides the events unless I create a custom control. 
Posted May 7, 2006 9:09:44 PM
C# and MCI System.Media.SoundPlayer uses WinMM, not MCI. For example, I tried a sample application and SoundPlayer can only play one sound at a time. Does anyone have any insight on this? I need multiple sounds to be played at once, and it's... 
Posted May 7, 2006 4:23:33 PM
What to learn You have a lot of choices, but just start programming. You can begin with C++ since it is a general & well used language, freely download Visual C++ 2005 Express (google), and learn C++ at www.functionx.com. 
Posted May 5, 2006 8:20:43 PM
What to learn Games are a specialized type of software. If you haven't built basic software programs such as Notepad, database management programs, etc., I'd suggest doing that first then pick up on games. If you plan to go pro, C++ is a good starting point.... 
Posted May 5, 2006 8:14:59 PM
C++/CLI instead of the Win32 API? Quote:No, because it requires the .NET Framework, which a significant number of machines still don't have (particularly 2.0). Normally any professional company would include the required runtimes for distribution, so this point is invalid. Quote:... 
Posted May 3, 2006 9:18:06 PM
Newbie questions - AWT vs Swing Dead? HAHAHAHAHA! Considering all the pre-existing programs out there (10 years) to modify & upgrade from time to time, obviously a clear understanding of AWT is important. If you don't know how to use AWT, it is difficult to use Swing effectively. D... 
Posted May 3, 2006 6:30:27 PM
View All Replies Made By This User