Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Omid Ghavami...  
Full Name Omid Ghavami
Nickname Omid Ghavami 
State/Province, Country Vastra Gotaland   Sweden
GD Gathering City Gothenburg, Vastra Gotaland, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student, Developer 
Job Description Engineering Physics student, Software developer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1440  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/18/2001 12:52:55 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Buy and Download from Steam Just a short rant... I've recently started buying games using online stores where you download the game instantly, and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. The only problem is that the perhaps largest provider, Steam, has the... 
Posted September 1, 2009 7:05:55 AM
Please help us collect some data Hey, We're running an experimental auction -- where the lowest bid which is unique wins -- if you have some spare time to help us, please go here and follow the short instructions to place a few virtual bets. It's entirely free, and you don't n... 
Posted December 30, 2008 11:51:58 AM
[PAID WORK] Looking for experienced ASP.NET/C# developers, preferably from Sweden Company name: Aarioso HB. Project name: Fokus Analys. Brief description: Web-based follow-up and reporting tool for Swedish state-owned companies and organizations. Target aim: Commercial. Compensation: Contracted payment. Techno... 
Posted March 26, 2008 7:25:11 AM
Is this a bug? Take a look at the last post (by Oluseyi) of this thread. You will see the poster is Oluseyi, but the rating data is dean nolan's; not only is the rating displayed dean nolan's, attempting to rate the user will bring up rating for dean nolan. E... 
Posted January 31, 2008 5:51:00 AM
msdn2.microsoft.com down or is it me? Hi! I haven't been able to access the online MSDN for more than a week now, is anyone else experiencing this? [Edited by - Omid Ghavami on December 13, 2007 9:51:05 AM] 
Posted December 12, 2007 12:42:45 PM
Help with understanding how external libraries are referenced Hi! I'm using some third party library, which I have in the form of jar files. Now I have included references to these and everything works great from within the IDE (I'm using Eclipse). Now when I compile and jar my application and try to run the... 
Posted November 15, 2007 9:33:32 AM
SuSe Linux kernel panic on boot Hi! I'm in great need of some assistance from you Linux pros! I'm a beginner so bear with me please! I'm running SuSe Linux Enterprise Desktop 10.1. I've had no troubles with it until now. The problem showed up after updating my OS with the &... 
Posted September 13, 2007 7:38:34 AM
Cross-platform .NET with DX applications Hi! I'm about to decide what language/framework to use for my next project, and I wish to gather some information regarding the portability of .NET applications utilizing DirectX. How easy will it actually be, if even possible, to run a .NET appl... 
Posted May 1, 2007 4:15:09 PM
Gameplay videos of two of our games G'day! Here are some gameplay videos of some of our old games. I hope you guys will enjoy them [smile] I've uploaded them on YouTube: ATFM 2 Paddlewars 2 I just uploaded the second one, so it might not be available yet. It shoul... 
Posted December 17, 2006 5:21:54 PM
Generating texture coords [Ogre related] Hi! I have horizontal polygons consisting of three or more vertices without texture coordinates so I'm looking for a way to generate these. When I first started playing around with it, I found a solution in OpenGL using the fixed function pipelin... 
Posted August 22, 2006 6:07:59 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What's your dream job? Professor and director of CSAIL at MIT [grin] 
Posted July 16, 2010 11:33:21 AM
I'm so drunk Drunk as a Boiled Owl. 
Posted May 25, 2010 7:41:49 AM
Anatomy of a Game Engine (not asking for help - just a better understanding of them) Quote: Is an engine a collection of APIs with simplified terms to produce similar results to the raw APIs, but at a more user-friendly level? The engine uses the "raw" API to produce its results, so the results are not similar to the "raw" API, t... 
Posted May 11, 2010 3:51:30 AM
Fast Algorithm to return closest hit in vector Quote:Original post by gretty Thanks for the replies guys, I checked out that lower_bound() again but it is not returning the closest match. Are you comparing the returned value with its neighbour? lower_bound will return the first position where... 
Posted May 10, 2010 7:04:56 AM
Find Elements of a HTML List using TinyXML and C++ Ok, let's see, you should be able to do something like this (I can't test this at the moment, so it may not work): The tree path in of the XML we are interested in is: <html> <body> <ul> <li> <a... 
Posted April 27, 2010 9:46:14 AM
Find Elements of a HTML List using TinyXML and C++ I'm not entirely sure which part you're having problems with, is it parsing the XML string? The TiXmlDocument class has a method called Parse so you should be able to do something like: TiXmlDocument doc; doc.Parse(myString.c_str()); Note:... 
Posted April 27, 2010 7:25:26 AM
[C#] Fastest way to zero out an array? Perhaps this is way off, but is it really necessary to clear the arrays? Would it not suffice just to overwrite them? 
Posted April 26, 2010 6:49:23 AM
Minimum Needed To Evoke Sense of Exploration Quote:Original post by Kylotan Quote:Original post by Wavinator Can you evoke a sense of exploration with a single screen? Small Worlds (It's actually 5 screens, if I remember correctly. But you should quickly realise why I linked it here.) ... 
Posted April 16, 2010 4:27:11 AM
odd C++ bug(?) Quote:Original post by NukeCorr Okay, I have no idea what's happening here. *** Source Snippet Removed *** Those are the only places "killsMsgWep" variable is used, nowhere else. So how can the initializion crash the program with such simp... 
Posted March 5, 2010 6:00:36 AM
How to get equation given many (x,y) points? Quote:Original post by helloworld123 Quote:Original post by Atrix256 You say these numbers are random... where are they coming from? if they are coming from rand(), keep in mind that rand() itself is a mathematical function, so it is giving you... 
Posted March 5, 2010 5:10:04 AM
View All Replies Made By This User