Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Gyna...  
Full Name  
Nickname Gyna 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1030  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/7/2007 2:56:16 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[LINUX] Tux Picross Hi, I'd like to introduce Tux Picross, a Picross clone in SDL / C++. Screenshots (oldest to newest): Features: * basic picross gameplay * no hints mode: do not automatically prevent incorrect tile hits - the player must solve the ... 
Posted March 14, 2010 5:10:19 AM
open source cross platform pacman clone Yes, I know everybody here has probably written their own pacman clone while learning :) Without further ado, here's mine: http://github.com/schuay/pacman/tree/master Installation on linux: * dependencies: 'sdl' 'sdl_ttf' 'sdl_gfx... 
Posted July 19, 2009 6:40:15 AM
Allegro: Sound while application is inactive So I recently started adding sounds to my Allegro programs, and it's been very simple and works great, except for one thing: when the window is switched to the background, the sound sort of hangs on a part of the sample that was playing a... 
Posted June 15, 2007 4:09:08 PM
Bash my code! Hello again, since my recent thread here I've decided to recode my game caPman (any similarities to Pacman are purely coincidental) from the ground up. After a few days of work, it's now in playable state. Nowhere near complete, but the basic gam... 
Posted June 11, 2007 6:39:03 PM
Help: what to do next? Hello everybody, I stumbled upon this site a few days ago and it's been an awesome resource, thumbs up! First, a bit about my current situation. I recently decided to once again take up the computer sciences course at university this fall. As... 
Posted June 7, 2007 3:22:51 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
A Lemmings clone..a reasonable goal for a newbie? Help with planning. Quote:Original post by lebenski[...] use of Allegro. I like that this seems to provide a relatively simple interface based on some directX stuff. It seems like a good place to start. A book that combined C++ and Allegro would be ideal. As... 
Posted September 28, 2007 5:02:31 AM
Input/Output to file in a windows application (c++) Is there any reason why you're putting the first four includes in quotes "" rather than <> ? I'm guessing that's where the error come from. Instead, add the DirectX SDK directories to the includes directory list and put those headers in <>... 
Posted August 30, 2007 5:56:09 AM
Direct3D in 2D, transformations If you're calling DrawText() several times per frame, create your own sprite object and pass that instead of passing NULL, which I'm guessing automatically creates and releases a sprite object every frame. The SDK help files recommend passing a sprit... 
Posted August 23, 2007 7:39:50 AM
C# Workshop - Project 2: Character Generator JWalsh and all the other staff here, I wanted to let you know that I have alot on my hands at the moment and that I will probably be late with completing project #2, but I'm still actively following the course. Thanks once again for takin... 
Posted August 22, 2007 11:13:14 AM
Finished Only the original poster and moderators can edit posts :) Edit: ah.. right you are! [Edited by - Gyna on August 10, 2007 12:53:22 PM] 
Posted August 10, 2007 8:53:52 AM
C# Workshop - Week 1 (Ch. 1 - 4) - Beginners priceless! 
Posted August 9, 2007 5:02:06 PM
resource.h? i'm assuming your resource.h file is in your project directory? use #include "resource.h" instead of #include <resource.h> 
Posted August 8, 2007 7:46:54 AM
MazeGen.Room.rWall': cannot have instance field initializers in structs hey foolios! first, in your struct public struct Room { string rWall = "|"; string floorDwn = "_"; } you need to define the fields as public to make them accessible from the outside. second, you can't initi... 
Posted August 5, 2007 4:22:07 PM
You may now post code Hey! I think I took a bit of a different route in the way the map is stored. I have it like this: 11111 10101 11111 Where the 1's are walls and the 0's are free spaces. The outer walls enclosing the whole maze are also stored in this arra... 
Posted August 4, 2007 5:22:15 AM
C# Workshop - Week 3 Review Questions Quote:Original post by shawnre 9. An expression must always be placed before or after the unary operator symbol? Before or after From what I gathered, the unary operators always come before the expression. Can someone confirm this? Edit:... 
Posted July 24, 2007 7:00:20 AM
View All Replies Made By This User