Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know xSKOTTIEx...  
Full Name Scott Conner
Nickname xSKOTTIEx 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1049  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/26/2003 8:17:30 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Tetra Hold Em Tetra Hold 'Em is a cross between Poker and Bejeweled. It was written in C++ in two weeks and uses DirectX 8. You swap around your pieces to get the best hands and set up combinations for chained hands that create wild explosions! A download will... 
Posted January 17, 2007 9:48:30 PM
Tetra Hold Em Demo Download Here is a downloadable demo for the game outlined here: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=432964 Tell me what you guys think! Tetra Hold 'Em Install approx 2.5mb 
Posted February 1, 2007 8:38:17 PM
Inno Setup -- crashing? When I create an install of my game, any time the game is run Via a shortcut like the start bar or even auto-launch after install, the game will crash. If you go into the install folder and click on the .exe, it will run just fine. I'm pretty... 
Posted January 17, 2007 12:26:14 AM
game board creation question i am making a game that has a 9x9 grid of pieces, and these pieces match based on certain rules, and those pieces will dissapear and the rest will fall, etc. the board starts full, and at random. how do I create a full board randomly without... 
Posted January 10, 2007 6:34:51 PM
quick problem I'm trying to link against the DirectX SDK and I'm running into problems in d3d8types.h. I think it has to do with some library issue between MSVC6 and .NET 2003 (which I'm using). Any idea on what could be the problem? I've included the include... 
Posted December 22, 2006 9:04:55 PM
weird unresolved external? libcp.lib(xstrcoll.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _errno this happens when i include <fstream> in one of my header files. I am using VC6. any ideas? 
Posted August 6, 2006 2:37:20 PM
Editting *.lib files i like skinning some programs by going into dlls and changing some of the pictures. in most cases, the images are held in the dll and are easily accessible. however, one of the libraries im using doesn't have the images im looking for in the dll... 
Posted June 30, 2006 9:42:03 AM
Chrono Trigger I'm playing through Chrono Trigger again, except I've noticed that Ayla does not have Charm. She is at about level 27, but I can't find anywhere online on WHEN she learns this tech. Considering this community plays games, maybe some of you... 
Posted June 20, 2006 4:27:54 PM
writing past a file in my BINARY file im writing some states to file. seekp( position ); write( ... ); this will cause the fstream to go into a failure state if im seeking to a position that is greater than the file size. its like i want the file to grow (in my s... 
Posted April 3, 2006 11:00:37 PM
storing std::string on disk i want to store game information on disk, in a binary file. unfortunately, i don't know the internal structure of an std::string. will storing it on file be a problem?, considering the length of a string can vary, etc? I know if i give i... 
Posted March 30, 2006 3:32:56 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Tetra Hold Em graphics were done by me. 
Posted January 30, 2007 4:49:09 PM
Lockless Linked List this code is not thread safe: void AddLL(LocklessList* l,void* data) { LocklessListItem* ni=new LocklessListItem; ni->data=data; //set data ni->prev=0; //we are the head nothing before us if(l->head) //if the list i... 
Posted January 18, 2007 8:20:09 PM
Tetra Hold Em Quote:Original post by remigius If the contract should fall through, you might want to consider porting the game to XNA for the upcoming DreamBuildPlay competition. Considering the popularity of Texas Hold'Em on XBox Live Arcade, the general po... 
Posted January 18, 2007 5:26:26 PM
game board creation question just starting at one spot and going throug the whole board and throwing away pieces that cause a match seemed to have worked nicely. thanks guys. 
Posted January 12, 2007 3:15:12 AM
game board creation question well, i didnt want anyone stealing my idea, but whatever, you heard it here first. the pieces are cards, with a suit and a face. and you rotate a 2x2 square of these at a time to create poker hands (all hands except pairs, including two pairs, ful... 
Posted January 11, 2007 12:26:49 AM
game board creation question that was my intial thought, the only thing is this creates a situation where the wait could HYPOTHETICALLY take forever. if a random piece kept being chosen that would cause a match (lets say you end up in a hole such that no matter what piece y... 
Posted January 10, 2007 7:23:30 PM
quick problem that did it. gg thnx. 
Posted December 23, 2006 2:49:51 PM
quick problem I was unclear about my post, I'm using .Net 2003. The game engine I'm using was compiled using .NET, but I keep getting d3d8types.h errors. 
Posted December 23, 2006 12:27:35 PM
weird unresolved external? that was the first thing i did. duh. but it seems like this error can be caused from many different issues. i couldn't find a problem similar to mine. 
Posted August 6, 2006 3:18:13 PM
weird unresolved external? well, i have to use VC6. There are libraries that I am using that conflict with the 2005 STL libraries, causing it not to compile. i HAVE to use VC6. is there an answer that isn't avoiding the problem? I should be able to use fstream in VC6. I know V... 
Posted August 6, 2006 3:01:39 PM
View All Replies Made By This User