Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Hydrael...  
Full Name Christian Schick
Nickname Hydrael 
State/Province, Country Bayern   Germany
GD Gathering City Nurnberg, Bayern, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1070  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/16/2005 2:59:43 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Screenshots from my "NGine" These are some screenshots from my own OpenGL engine. The screenshots are a few month old, because I've quit the project until now - it just got too complicated for me to handle it all by myself. But I figured I might as well show some nice pictu... 
Posted January 8, 2007 1:13:13 PM
SDL_net losing sent packets Hello everyone, I'm currently using SDL_net for a little casual game which uses multiple clients, which is why I have to use socketsets. I now have the problem, that in cases where I send several packets quickly one after another from the cl... 
Posted August 25, 2009 1:36:22 PM
Problems reading Vertexbuffer [solved] Hey there, for my current project I want to use DirectX in combination with Newton Game Dynamics. One problem I now have really confuses me. I load a bunch of X meshes via D3DXLoadMeshFromX. From those meshes I need to create an exact collision... 
Posted September 2, 2007 11:18:40 AM
Beefing up lightmaps Hello everyone, I've been thinking about how I could make the general lightmapping algorithm to be at least a little dynamic - like turning lights on/off, make it pulse, etc while runtime without having to calculate additional lightmaps. Wha... 
Posted September 12, 2006 6:47:30 AM
Differences Rendermonkey - GL application [solved] Hello everyone, I'm having a little problem with using the same shader in Rendermonkey and an OpenGL application but getting different results. This is a simple cubemap reflection, and I don't really know, what I could have done wrong. Here... 
Posted August 12, 2006 7:28:58 AM
Combining lightmaps and bump/parallax mapping Hello everyone, I've recently finished a lightmap implementation for my engine. I really like the results, but I wonder, if it is possible to beef everything up a bit. That's why I wanted to ask, if there is any experiences around for combining... 
Posted July 20, 2006 8:16:48 AM
Questions regarding D3DXLoadMeshFromX and LPD3DXMESH Hello everyone, I normally belong the the OpenGL faction (but please don't hunt me out of this forum anyway ;) ), but now certain circumstances require me to parse DirectX .X files. Because I don't really feel like writing a parser myself, I th... 
Posted May 21, 2006 5:32:07 AM
3DSMax 8, render to texture and UVWs Hello everyone, I hope this is the right forum for my question. If it isn't, please feel free to move it to a more suitable forum. Ok, here it comes: I'm currently trying out different lighting/shadowing methods for my engine. One thing I'... 
Posted May 13, 2006 10:14:00 AM
Multipass Rendering [Resolved] Hello everyone, I've recently implemented a per-pixel lighting shader (written in glsl) within my engine. I'm doing multiple passes per active light (up to 8). Everything works fine, except that I don't know, how to properly combine the results f... 
Posted May 6, 2006 8:29:28 AM
MFC and CTabCtrl [Resolved] Hello everyone, I've recently implemented some Tab Controls within my MFC project following this tutorial. Everything worked fine, until I wanted to implement a Tab Control within another. The Tab Control that's embedded within another won't a... 
Posted April 12, 2006 5:14:56 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
SDL_net losing sent packets Ah, ok - then i "just" need to enhance my packet reconstruction factory a bit. This class already takes a binary stream and reconstructs a network packet from the first 4 bytes. It just needs to be able to create an array of packets from a single s... 
Posted August 25, 2009 2:20:45 PM
Problems reading Vertexbuffer [solved] Ok, problem solved. Thanks to sirob over at the IRC ;) The memcpy was buggy...you shouldn't be indexing floats if you are measuring in bytes. Changed float *pV=(float*)pMessage->pVertices; to char *pV=(char*)pMessage->pVertices; and... 
Posted September 2, 2007 4:05:44 PM
Screenshots from my "NGine" Thanks for the feedback :D The reflection is based on this tutorial For the models I used the DirectX X format ;) 
Posted January 11, 2007 3:50:52 AM
Lightmaps and Smooth Shadows Hey there, did you ever have a look at Gile[s]? If not, give it a try. It's a very nice program, that gives very good results - at least I'm sadisfied with it ;) Greets Chris 
Posted November 20, 2006 3:08:19 AM
how to use the shader in the program? For GLSL: http://www.lighthouse3d.com/opengl/glsl/ 
Posted September 13, 2006 6:59:11 AM
Some coding problems on GL There actually is no "rule". GL_TEXTUREi just identifies the texture stage you wish to work with (GL_TEXTURE0 - GL_TEXTURE7). 
Posted September 13, 2006 3:27:02 AM
Some coding problems on GL If you want to use multitexturing, glActiveTexture is one of the functions you will need. It tells, what texture stage (0-7) you want to use for enabling/disabling texturing, or binding textures. You could look at this neighbour thread for a... 
Posted September 13, 2006 3:15:38 AM
mapping 2 textures to 1 object Yes, I figure Mars is right - bind your two textures like he posted, and it should work ;) There is another thing you should correct though: Between the rendering of your first (multitextured quad), and the second one, you have following cal... 
Posted September 13, 2006 1:43:50 AM
mapping 2 textures to 1 object You need to use those brackets for sourcecodes: [] ;) I'll take a look at your code tomorrow. 
Posted September 12, 2006 2:24:29 PM
mapping 2 textures to 1 object You need to enable GL_TEXTURE_2D for every multitexturing stage. i.e.: glActiveTextureARB (GL_TEXTURE0_ARB); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glActiveTextureARB (GL_TEXTURE1_ARB); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); ... Render your stuff ... glActiveTex... 
Posted September 12, 2006 2:08:15 PM
View All Replies Made By This User