Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Patbert...  
Full Name Patrick Woodcock
Nickname Patbert 
State/Province, Country Oxfordshire   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1240  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/13/2005 12:10:08 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Sudoku Solver My Sudoku Solver is now available to download. As well as a pretty interface, it will solve most sudokus in a few seconds. Other features include Open and Save, Copy and Paste, lock a sudoku (stops you from editing the values of a starting sudok... 
Posted October 26, 2005 7:31:25 AM
Feedback: Online Highscore tutorial I've been working on the first part of a tutorial on creating an online highscore with C++ & ASP, check it out here and let me know what you think. I haven't covered any security aspects yet, I thought it best to not confuse the logic... 
Posted July 19, 2005 7:32:53 PM
Hack my online high score (updated) Challenge for all: Hack my high score! Download the game here (4.5mb) (don't get it off GDS, I haven't updated that yet). The highscore table link is here. Heres a screenshot of it in action: If you do manage to hack it please tell me how you... 
Posted June 16, 2005 9:52:07 AM
WinSock/HTTP trouble I have the following function (request) that GETs a webpage and returns the result through message: #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namespace std; /* * Notes: * This source demonstrates sending HTTP POST reques... 
Posted June 9, 2005 9:16:08 AM
Online high scores Hi. Does anyone know of any good tutorials for creating an online high score with c++? I need it for a game I'm making in Dev-C++. I already have a rudimentry database and score submit/retrieve ASP scripts on a webserver, but I'm hav... 
Posted June 7, 2005 10:13:11 PM
GameDev Showcase bug? I'm trying to upload the new version of my game to GameDev Showcase. I have two GDS entries already and when I select "Manage Files" on the second GDS entry (the one I want to update) it takes me to "Manage Files" for my first GDS entry.... 
Posted May 25, 2005 12:12:51 PM
Test my game Hi, I'm doing some configuration testing for my game, psycho boy 3D (think paperboy), an arcade dodge 'n shoot sort of thing for windows. Download it here or through the showcase link below. I'd like to know what setup you have (graphics card,... 
Posted March 21, 2005 9:58:17 PM
source code listing for reports Hi. I've got a large project I'm finishing up on and the writeup needs to list the source code. Is there any easy way to do this? I could copy and paste it all into word but that would take a long time and it reformats it. I could print it... 
Posted April 2, 2005 9:51:05 PM
Jeff Minter Jeff's made an update to his History of llamasoft series. It's mighty entertaining. Ah, the good ol' days. 
Posted March 6, 2005 5:51:07 PM
Pointer to WndProc in a class Hi I'm trying to move all my functions for creating OpenGL windows into one class, but I've hit a problem. In the function CreateGLWindow it has the line: wc.lpfnWndProc = (WNDPROC) WndProc; // WndProc Handles Messages Which used to point... 
Posted February 28, 2005 1:46:23 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
2006 Independent Games Festival finalists announced I had a go on Crazy Ball, its pretty fun. 
Posted December 12, 2005 5:17:13 PM
One Week/One Button 2 Winners: Trapper Zoid and scgrn Congrats to TrapperZoid and scgn, awesome games. I've really enjoyed this contest - its actually motivated me to get on with making a game rather than "planning on making my next game someday". Plus it's been useful having some honest cri... 
Posted November 27, 2005 8:29:34 PM
One Week/One Button 2 Winners: Trapper Zoid and scgrn Quote:Original post by JDUK Wow level 7 is evil! Love killing the pooches in the "tunnel of death" at the start ... but timing through the pundulums is tricky. Awesome level design patbert, to have coded that AND designed those level in a week i... 
Posted November 22, 2005 8:40:10 PM
One Week/One Button 2 Winners: Trapper Zoid and scgrn Quote:Original post by Bossk Quote:Original post by Patbert Out of interest how far have people got with my game, Swing the Cat? Has anyone managed to complete it yet? I'm wondering if I made it too tricky. Once you get used to it it becomes... 
Posted November 22, 2005 7:47:28 PM
One Week/One Button 2 Winners: Trapper Zoid and scgrn Quote:Original post by JDUK Quote:Original post by Patbert Out of interest how far have people got with my game, Swing the Cat? Has anyone managed to complete it yet? I'm wondering if I made it too tricky. Once you get used to it it becomes... 
Posted November 22, 2005 7:17:31 PM
One Week/One Button 2 Winners: Trapper Zoid and scgrn Out of interest how far have people got with my game, Swing the Cat? Has anyone managed to complete it yet? I'm wondering if I made it too tricky. Once you get used to it it becomes a lot easier, the trick is knowing which way the cat/knight w... 
Posted November 22, 2005 6:39:07 PM
EAT!? (1W1B) java entry The game has some good art, kinda reminds me of salad fingers. How do you complete the game though? When I got really big I was unable to jump. 
Posted November 21, 2005 6:11:57 PM
One Week/One Button 2 Winners: Trapper Zoid and scgrn Swing the Cat is finished. I've made 7 levels, the last one particularly evil. I'm pretty pleased with it though I'd have liked to have polished it a bit more. The gameplay is a little like kuru-kuru-kururin, where you have to swing round the... 
Posted November 20, 2005 10:09:24 PM
One Week/One Button 2 Winners: Trapper Zoid and scgrn This contest is producing some interesting games! [smile] I'm almost finished with mine, Swing the Cat. Check out the alpha version in my journal. Is it 18 hours left now? [wow] Screen shot:  
Posted November 20, 2005 12:33:34 AM
ANN: Spline Magic (SHMUP ENEMY PATH MAKER) RELEASED! Looks good. I'm thinking of starting a shooter myself so this might be useful. 
Posted November 7, 2005 7:16:26 PM
View All Replies Made By This User