Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know The 89 Vision...  
Full Name Mike 
Nickname The 89 Vision 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1022  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/16/2004 10:48:08 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Offering help with DirectX and C++ Greetings all, I'm currently working independently on a software project that might be of use to people getting started with DirectX and C++. It originally started as a summer project to get my head back into game programming, but I decided... 
Posted August 4, 2005 2:59:52 AM
Spike TV Video game awards - Dec 14 Hey everyone, head over to spiketv.com and vote for your favorite games before the all the ignorant consolites vote halo 2 over half life 2! ( j/k halo 2 was also very good ) 
Posted November 24, 2004 4:36:39 AM
C++ programmer looking for people/project Hey everyone, I've been working on some generic game components in my spare time and figured I'd see if I could interest some people in building a game. I have some ideas, as we all do, but my main goal is to meet some people and hear... 
Posted July 4, 2004 11:48:39 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
DirectX File Formats and performance As I recall, .x files store the animation data along side the model data, which may or may not be ideal for what you're trying to do. That might be the reason you've heard they weren't good for animations. For example, if you wanted a bunch of di... 
Posted August 16, 2006 11:19:00 PM
The Do's & Don'ts of Game Programming I *think* the original post was asking about game programming, not just Cplusplus, so in that regard I highly recommend this book.. Core Techniques and Algorithms in Game Programming Whenever I'm tackling a topic for the first time, or revisiti... 
Posted July 13, 2006 3:26:29 PM
How should I structure my engine (classes, etc.)? The reply from _goat is a great post, worthy of reading over every time you're about to add another class to your engine. :) 
Posted July 9, 2006 1:58:35 AM
Request for Tutorials Evaluation To make an aesthetic critique, the article seems to have strange paragraph structure. Some paragraphs leave a blank line between the next, while others simply skip to the next line. Maybe I'm anal, but I found that distracting. I do like the way y... 
Posted July 9, 2006 12:59:33 AM
Tetris Question I'd recommend trying to stick with an object oriented approach. I made a tetris clone in a sort of "hack and slash/just get it done" method a few years ago and haven't once looked at the code since. My point is that you're likely making it... 
Posted July 8, 2006 11:34:48 PM
Quick ID3DXSPRITE question.. The matrix provided to ID3DXSprite::SetTransform will affect the world transformation. In a 2D system you could do something like this... D3DXMATRIX matWorld, matScale, matRot, matTrans; D3DXMatrixRotation( &matRot, fSpriteOrientationInRadians... 
Posted July 8, 2006 10:20:38 PM
Light reflects wrong way I think you need to include D3DFVF_NORMAL as part of your flexible vertex format. edit... Dang, too slow... You should probably assign a colour value as well. Or at least default it to something in the vertex constructor.  
Posted July 8, 2006 9:58:33 PM
Problem in D3D textures plz help Here's an example from the sdk documentation that uses a graphics stream to alter a vertex buffer. The Lock function of the Texture class is the same basic concept, hopefully this will get you going in the right direction. using System; using... 
Posted July 5, 2006 12:28:51 AM
Your moderator needs your help: How did *you* start learning Direct3D? One of my college courses was focused on direct X, which is more or less is what got me started. We had no text book, as the instructor felt that there was no worthy textbook out there (a point I have more or less come to agree with), so our re... 
Posted July 5, 2006 12:18:29 AM
tetris vertex buffer I'd recommend using a single 1 x 1 vertex buffer, and having each game object store its own texture(preferably reference to), width, height, location, and rotation. Before you render each object, you'll need to do something like this. D3DXMATR... 
Posted July 4, 2006 4:01:56 AM
View All Replies Made By This User