Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Polantaris...  
Full Name Mike Oelfke
Nickname Polantaris 
State/Province, Country NJ   United States
GD Gathering City Monroe, NJ, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1044  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/5/2006 8:31:58 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Palm PDAs Game Engine? I'm starting now to attempt (hopefully successfully) to make a game for PDAs running on Palm OS. The problem I have, almost immediatly, is this: How do I get an engine for a game on Palm OS? Is there any automatically installed to work f... 
Posted October 24, 2006 7:34:59 PM
Torque Game Builder I happened to see an add for Torque Game Builder on this very site, and I took a look at it. I have to ask, is it actually worth it? Can anyone with experience using it say what they thing about it? Thanks. ~Polantaris 
Posted June 15, 2006 3:34:48 PM
Power Supply Question Does anyone know a program on the computer that can detect the Maximum Wattage your Power Supply can store? I cannot remember if mine is 300W or 350W, and it doesnt say it on the Power Supply. If anyone knows a program that does this, ple... 
Posted June 17, 2006 11:06:39 PM
CPU Prices With my birthday party tommorow, I'm hoping to get some money, plus the money on the side to be able to get a good CPU and Motherboard combo (With the CPU already installed) to upgrade my computer big time when it comes to processor speed. Ther... 
Posted June 16, 2006 10:17:58 PM
Rect Geeze, I'm asking a lot of questions, I hope that doesn't mean anything bad...anyway: I was looking at the draw class for Pygame, because I wanted to make a rectangle as a buttion...I guess that's a logical way to do it. Since I'm used to working... 
Posted June 7, 2006 9:04:09 PM
Multiple .py files As any one who read my original post in the Lounge knows, I'm used to the BYOND coding language. In that language, I can use multiple code files to organize my thoughts, ideas, etc. For example, my combat code for a game is in combat.dm (dm =... 
Posted June 7, 2006 8:12:42 PM
Engine Question I don't really know where to put this, so I'll put it here. There's this programming language that I use, called BYOND (www.byond.com), if anyone is heard of it, then you would know what I'm talking about. See, the programming language was made s... 
Posted June 6, 2006 4:55:27 PM
Python Help I've decided to start trying to learn Python, and I'm reading the Tutorial that coems with the program. It's showing me how to do the "Interperter" or whatever it's called and it shows this: >>> 2+2 4 >>> # This is a comment ... 
Posted June 6, 2006 8:53:09 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Palm PDAs Game Engine? Alright. I know someone on the forums for my PDA that is making a game for the Tapwave Zodiac (Also the type of PDA I have) So I'll ask him about it if all else fails. Thanks for the help, it also jogged my memory of his game. If I do learn... 
Posted October 24, 2006 7:44:15 PM
Need help blitting a background using SDL. 60 is really the ideal number for FPS, if I remember correctly. Every game I play that I can see the FPS on never go over 60, so I assume thats the basic want for an FPS. Most limit their FPS to 60. 70 is fine if you ask me. Now if you add s... 
Posted July 17, 2006 8:06:09 PM
Power Supply Question Alright, I'll play on the safe side then XD Thanks for the help. 
Posted June 18, 2006 11:35:12 AM
Power Supply Question The Power Supply doesn't say anything on the side, or on it at all. There's no model number, or anything as far as I can see, and therefore I cannot look it up. ~Polantaris 
Posted June 18, 2006 7:55:15 AM
Power Supply Question Alright, then I guess I'll have to wait until I get my new computer stuff before I'll find out. See, I just ordered a whole new CPU, Mobo, and Graphics Card by my friend's recommendations, and I know the total Watts Ill need are 310-325. Therefore,... 
Posted June 17, 2006 11:31:01 PM
Torque Game Builder How can I get the demo of TGE? Yes, when I finally get TGE for myself, I'll know about the RTS pack, thanks to you guys =) 
Posted June 17, 2006 10:19:04 AM
CPU Prices When is the Conroe due to come out? Thanks for that information 
Posted June 17, 2006 10:16:51 AM
CPU Prices Well somehow when I took out my last Processor, I ended up bending like half the pins. When I finally got it to go in, it was broken and I couldn't use it anymore. Either way, I'm ready for a faster and better computer, so if anyone has a good pric... 
Posted June 16, 2006 11:38:18 PM
CPU Prices My Graphics card is pretty new and it uses AGP as far as I know. Its the slot above PCI, that sticks alittle bit further towards the middle of the Mobo than the PCI cards. Of course, I could just know nothing about my mobo at all and be stupid >... 
Posted June 16, 2006 10:28:55 PM
What are YOUR pc specs? I Like Bread: The speed of a game does not only rely on the Graphics Card. If he has a 2 Ghz Processor and you have a 3 Ghz, that will make a big difference. Of course, if you both have the same processor and his goes slower anyway with... 
Posted June 16, 2006 10:22:52 PM
View All Replies Made By This User