Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Th0ughtCr1me...  
Full Name  
Nickname Th0ughtCr1me 
State/Province, Country AZ   United States
GD Gathering City Tucson, AZ, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1051  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/7/2006 7:03:56 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
&ff in some c source I found I want to try making a hooked music player function in SDL, but this question has nothing to do with SDL, and is rather a simple c question. Specifically in the following source there is a "&ff" no quotes, is this c/c++ or a typo/html conversion e... 
Posted September 22, 2010 11:51:29 PM
SDL_Mixer Music question I would like to know the volume of the music channel at each frame for the purposes of visualization. By that I mean the sound stream started with the Mix_PlayMusic function. the Mix_SetPostMix wouldn't work, because, as I understand it, there would... 
Posted September 22, 2010 5:25:12 AM
Video Decoding and Popular Formats Hey, I hope this is the right forum :) I have been wanting to use in-game movies in a video format(MPEG or something), I actually want to try stop motion animation, so I have a good reason for not doing in-engine movies. The point is I find very f... 
Posted June 12, 2007 10:32:21 PM
Licence Question: Can I transfer an LGPL to BSD if I own the copyright? I'm planning on my next project being a roguelike game engine in 3d. I would eventually like it to be under the 3BSD, but I would like the initial release to be copyleft to promote fast development up untill the release of a 1.0 version. At whic... 
Posted May 25, 2007 1:42:40 AM
Lighting Problem(with screenshot) What's with this, I keep playing with the vars and can't get the lighting to play any way but hard, I want a smooth transition around the model, but it cuts from lit to not lit. neonswarm.com/images/screenie.jpg 
Posted April 25, 2007 6:36:12 AM
Very Simple Light PreBaker This is a simple light prebaker writen by moi, please forgive the awful screen shot. I made this app to create prebaked lighting for ms3d models, you must UV map the model before feeding it to the app (I use Lith). Download Linkie Full source (... 
Posted April 23, 2007 11:54:06 PM
To a Flame This is my first game, and the product of a couple of months of effort. I did all the art and code myself. It uses OpenGL, and DirectX for sound and input. I always liked NekoPuzzle, so I thought I would try making a clone, this is how it turned out.... 
Posted October 11, 2006 7:53:01 PM
To Anyone who Misses the IOTD, My First Game :) NeonSwarm.com(link fixed) To a Flame, I had a lot of fun making it :) [Edited by - Th0ughtCr1me on October 13, 2006 12:27:37 AM] 
Posted October 12, 2006 10:14:03 PM
DOS Prompt on Secondary Monitor A long time ago I heard about someone having a dos prompt(an instance of the "command" program) running at the same time as their game, on a second b&w monitor. I'm currently compiling my fullscreen program in DevC++ which gives me the option of... 
Posted September 22, 2006 8:42:26 PM
Does this code do anything?(Solved) glPushMatrix(); glTranslatef(indexx+tempx,temph,indexz+tempz); glPopMatrix(); I mean, no matter what the variables are, shouldn't the push and pop mean that nothing is changed? [Edited by - Th0ughtCr1me on September 21, 2006 9:04:09 PM] 
Posted September 21, 2006 9:36:51 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
&ff in some c source I found Not that I know of smr. Though &0xff now compiles, and thats better in a way, the function does not behave as expected, so thanks to everyone for help. I'll need separate research to further understand how the whole system functions :) TC 
Posted September 23, 2010 2:08:16 AM
&ff in some c source I found Thanks very much for rapid reply, I'll try that :) 
Posted September 23, 2010 12:09:49 AM
Project Cloudwitch the vimeo vid is down, but this youtube still exists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs-9Lt3a4-I very cool looking, great job d^_'b 
Posted May 13, 2009 5:03:38 AM
CellZenith Demo Looks cool, it appears that your download link has been removed (the file specifically). Congrats on finishing a game in either case :) . 
Posted March 6, 2009 10:36:10 PM
Moonfall: Land of Dreams Default resolution, just installed and ran it. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer System manufacturer System... 
Posted January 4, 2009 10:30:31 PM
Moonfall: Land of Dreams Looks fun :B . Freezes at black screen after changing resolution, had to end task. Doesn't seem to be a log file, so I can be of no further help. 
Posted January 4, 2009 4:23:33 AM
Best way to play wav file in C++ SDLmusic is a very easy interface, and does the loading for you, less verbose than dx though. 
Posted December 24, 2008 12:56:09 PM
Sky Puppy in Space Very cool game, Great job :D 
Posted November 12, 2008 2:43:57 AM
Naumachia: Space Warfare Very cool man, great job :) d b 
Posted October 9, 2008 2:18:43 AM
Artifact's House Globe Really excellent man, great job. My brother and I spend a few hours playing in multiplayer. neonswarm.com/LastReplay.hg3 [Edited by - Th0ughtCr1me on September 10, 2008 8:24:51 PM] 
Posted September 10, 2008 9:24:51 PM
View All Replies Made By This User