Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Nyocia...  
Full Name Johan Johnsson
Nickname Nyocia 
State/Province, Country    Norway
GD Gathering City Tromso, , Norway
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description Programmer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1095  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/11/2006 7:17:40 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
aerial perspective haze shader I been looking around for some source code and theories about this mather for a time now. (source code to experiment with and learn - i find it easier that way) The most fit implementation for my work seem to be Preetham's "A Practical Analytic Mod... 
Posted February 28, 2008 5:46:39 AM
glReadPixel takes tooooo much time Hey guys ! I am reading the GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT from the screen using the glReadPixel call, and the project im working on is to big to use this function, and realising it becomes one of the biggest bottleneck in the project i have to do s... 
Posted November 27, 2007 5:00:51 AM
deffered lightning/shading Searched for a good deffered lightning/shading shader tutorial or article (a tutorial whould be preferable) but can't fint anything good out there. The thing i want to do is, to render the pixel into a texture (this to store the depth) , and then in... 
Posted November 28, 2007 4:02:45 AM
need a simple foam shader. Hey !, I work on a project that needs foam after a boat. The current implementation is with a particlesystem, and dont look very well imo. Do anyone have some ideas of a easy solution (i have very limited time). I tought of a shader , maybe a... 
Posted September 11, 2007 4:07:36 AM
Rating Hello guys ! my rating isnt very good, its hard to find people that find it good as been helped press and rate user if he is good and got helped with the problem. what should i do ? do anyone have some serious comments about this. have a... 
Posted April 1, 2007 9:28:23 PM
Law problems Is it legal to use sprites from a game like say zelda or mario and use them in own projects ? if not i cannot post screenshots on my 2d project in my journal :( 
Posted April 1, 2007 10:15:22 PM
Specific API Funciton calls I am handing DX well, and now im on to learn me OpenGL. I wonder is there any SDK help, somewhere ? i dont find it at www.opengl.org neither on nege.gamedev.net. what i am looking for is a pdf or something wiht all the built in API fu... 
Posted February 26, 2007 4:56:00 AM
Chess AI how shall i build up this easiest way ? .. i am trying to use a minimax search tree.. but dont know how to implement it easiest. maybe a function in each class named eg. CalcMoves(); ? this is a rules as you maybe can see thek ing can move freely, t... 
Posted January 22, 2007 9:25:28 AM
Singleton class So recently ive created a Direct3D project for school, kinda small project tough, with a terrain where you can walk around in, that kinda project I use a singleton class, can anyone give me some positive and negative sides of using this classes... 
Posted October 19, 2006 5:45:54 AM
Collision detection in my simple 2d Tilebased game Hello ! this is how i check if we may have a collision around in the world: // TESTING , COLLISION UNDER SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES ****->Johan int tx1 = DC->m_SidePlayer.m_iXpos / TILE_SIZE; int ty1 = DC->m_SidePlayer.m_iYpos / TILE_S... 
Posted May 10, 2006 9:52:59 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Titanic Challenge Excelent work young mister :D , very good indeed! Keep up the good work, whould be fun to follow you in a GDI+ journal or something, to see how it all evolves! cheers mate! 
Posted April 21, 2008 1:51:08 AM
Atmospheric Scattering & Aerial Perspective really nice !, awsome work 
Posted March 17, 2008 8:44:46 AM
glReadPixel takes tooooo much time Quote:Original post by V-man I suggest you create your texture first. Check to see what your depth precision is first. Use glGetIntegerv(GL_DEPTH_BIT, ...) I think If it is 24 bit, *** Source Snippet Removed *** and then use *** Source Sn... 
Posted November 29, 2007 3:37:01 AM
glReadPixel takes tooooo much time Quote:Original post by RobbieS Quote:Original post by Ravuya You could try using an FBO and then using the depth information later through a shader. This is the best solution IMO. Have you tried setting up an FBO? You could render your scene a... 
Posted November 29, 2007 3:25:59 AM
glReadPixel takes tooooo much time by the way if i use glCopyTexImage2D can it lead to a improvement ?, i looked at the parameters that you can send into this function and i cant find anything that i can use to store the depth data ? is there any other function that may help me to thi... 
Posted November 28, 2007 6:41:33 AM
glReadPixel takes tooooo much time okey, here's the thing: I want to read the pixels depth somehow and then perform a light algorithm on it, so i may use the wrong way to do so by using the glReadPixels. i looked at deffered shading and think thats the way to go. Now i need to k... 
Posted November 28, 2007 4:12:22 AM
Law problems Okey my journal is broken ! :(, i have done a really nice clone of zelda: a link to the past. but now i cant show you it :( well thats life 
Posted April 1, 2007 10:30:49 PM
Rating is it legal to use sprites from a game like say zelda or mario and use them in own projects ? if not i cannot post screenshots on my 2d project in my journal :( 
Posted April 1, 2007 10:02:53 PM
Rating Quote:Original post by lightbringer Quote:Original post by SimonForsman 2) Be polite. 3) Try to help people. QFE :) Basically, if you see someone asking for help and it is within your area of expertise, go for it. At the same time, try to... 
Posted April 1, 2007 9:52:39 PM
Rating Quote:Original post by Ravuya Help more people, or keep a regular journal with pretty screenshots. i have 2 questions regarding the journal, 1. how do i paste in code in the message i mean in a proper way 2. how do i attach pictures . . .... 
Posted April 1, 2007 9:43:58 PM
View All Replies Made By This User