Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know The Forgotten Mindset...  
Full Name Jonny D
Nickname The Forgotten Mindset 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Greensboro, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID forgottenmindset 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Golf Ball Pickup! 
Job Description I drive a golf cart that has a big scooper on it. Watch for renegade balls! They hurt. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1211  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/6/2004 9:57:52 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
RETURN OF THE MINDSET!11!! talking love What's up guys, it's been a while since I've been active in gamedev. I've left this hobby (at least for now, and mabey quite longer) in persuit of girls. I understand we have some casanova's on gamedev, but I can't do both. And I'm happy about m... 
Posted November 16, 2005 10:35:48 AM
What's Toronto like, eh? :) I've got a few questions to ask about Toronto. 1) What are the sights to see? 2) Where's some good places to take a girl? (under drinking age :P) 3) Is there enough public transportation there to not need a car? 4) Do they accept American money... 
Posted August 9, 2005 9:54:41 PM
Camera Transformation woes :/ Hey guys, I'm trying to fit the matrix transformations into my engine and I'm having some problems trying to integrate a camera system. I just can't seem to get my camera to rotate the way cameras should. I've been trying to put in some values for... 
Posted July 11, 2005 9:06:52 PM
Problem with wrapping a vertex buffer (or any com object?) Alright, I was trying to make a Vertex Buffer class, but after hours of frustration, I decided to make a few simple wrapper functions to see my mistakes in a simpler form. Still no. I can set up and render a vertex buffer just fine outside of clas... 
Posted July 6, 2005 3:07:40 PM
[dx8] Fullscreen troubles... [solved] Hey guys, sorry for the newb question but, this code doesn't work in fullscreen (surprised?) I get an error on the CreateDevice() call, I tried looking it up but it was some weird negative number that didn't match anything. Oh, and it doesn't... 
Posted July 1, 2005 11:26:05 PM
void* to functor casting??? Hey guys, I've got a little function pointer conversion problem. Here's a simplified version of what I'm doing: // Game Phase Funtors int (*DoIntro)(); int (*DoFrame)(); int (*DoOutro)(); int SetFlag(int ID, void *value) { switch( ID... 
Posted June 29, 2005 9:41:17 PM
#southeastgamedev chat 1 update Hey, I hope everyone can read this in time (doubtful), but I changed the chat date for this IRC meet to July 1st at 9:00 PM. Mabey it was a little selfish, but I just got called to work during those hours [crying] Hope you can make it 
Posted June 29, 2005 9:47:25 PM
So how was the expo? NEED INFO/PICTURES!!! grhodes_at_work I think is too busy to comment at this time, but GamerSJD (if you're still alive), and Drakkcon, i'd like to hear what happend [smile]. [Edited by - The Forgotten Mindset on June 26, 2005 11:43:32 PM] 
Posted June 26, 2005 11:59:09 PM
What's the best way to store sprite animations? Alright guys, I am making a 2d tile-based game using SDL for my C++ programming class, and I am currently designing the CSprite base class. So what is the best way to store animations for a sprite? I was thinking of storing it as text file: Wa... 
Posted April 27, 2005 1:41:36 PM
Sprite Manager! Ok, I have a sprite loader, but I want to make a sprite manager in order to do a few of things: Provide Collision Detection and Response Sort the sprites based on their Y locations so they appear in front of eachother correctly Random acces... 
Posted May 13, 2005 1:51:31 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
RETURN OF THE MINDSET!11!! talking love Thanks, but yeah, I dont' wanna create a false sense of attraction. I just wanna bring it on, if it's there. I'm trying to figure out, if it's a good idea to hang out at her house for a while, and then go somewhere or whatever. I'm not sure. I t... 
Posted November 16, 2005 11:05:22 AM
What's Toronto like, eh? :) Quote:so, wait a minute, your going to a city with a girl, and your not old enough to drink? whatever. I'd highly recomend the Gay Pride parrade, it's the worlds largest, and is quite colourfull, even for the non-homosexuals, it's fun to be gay for a... 
Posted August 13, 2005 11:29:15 AM
What's Toronto like, eh? :) Haha, thanks guys. And I thought I was blending in too :) If or when I do go up there, I'll see if I can join one of your meetings if you'd have one when I'm there, if that's alright of course. 
Posted August 11, 2005 11:38:55 AM
What's Toronto like, eh? :) Alright cool, one down 5 to go :) Keep 'em coming guys :) 
Posted August 10, 2005 10:58:44 AM
Beer is over-rated. Quote:Original post by scgrn "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin Back then, Beer was spelled: "Bier" (A frothy, German alcoholic beverage) And yes, you caught me snooping around in the Toron... 
Posted August 9, 2005 9:46:10 PM
splitting models in MAX Try using the 'slice plane' tool for editable meshes. I think that's what you are looking for :) 
Posted July 19, 2005 3:26:48 PM
Camera Transformation woes :/ Thanks John, but that's actually what I just did [grin] But my proposed optimization was not very difficult at all. Your way just fits into my engine better, that's all :) 
Posted July 13, 2005 8:41:25 PM
Camera Transformation woes :/ Thanks Kahsm, I'll give it a shot. :) 
Posted July 12, 2005 9:29:40 AM
[4E4] Post yer Screenshots Can't touch this [grin] 
Posted July 7, 2005 11:44:24 AM
Problem with wrapping a vertex buffer (or any com object?) YES!!!! Thanks AP. I thought I tried that before, but I guess not. [smile] It's funny though, I only changed that on the Init function, and it worked. Now for the class version :) 
Posted July 6, 2005 4:07:56 PM
View All Replies Made By This User