Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know __ROB_D__...  
Full Name Rob Davies
Nickname __ROB_D__ 
State/Province, Country Lancashire   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Preston, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer and Co-Owner 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 998  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/22/2005 8:41:06 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Aftermath - Now on Shockwave.com Its been a while since i posted about our game Aftermath (Original thread Here) - A post apocalyptic racer/shooter. The game has come a long way since the first release of it, gained a lot more features and improvements - and is now available to pla... 
Posted September 29, 2010 7:12:40 AM
Aftermath EDIT : Aftermath now on Shockwave.com Set in the wastelands of a distant tomorrow, Aftermath is a futuristic racer that pits the player against a horde of enemy drivers in a race for death or glory. This was a quick project for us, initial... 
Posted February 13, 2010 12:45:27 PM
VC++ 2005 Express + Manifests & Policys Issue OK, Here's the issues. Microsoft updated VC++ 2005 With a security update(KB973923) which changed a few header, libs and obj files and has no uninstaller. The result requires the end user to have NEW DLL versions. The MS redist.exe is now out o... 
Posted August 3, 2009 10:32:32 AM
[DX9c] - Direct Input Issues [FIXED] Hi guys, Well I'm stumped! I'm using Direct Input (9c) for my game, and it works! The issues comes when the window goes out of focus, and then I return to the window. I lose Keyboard focus, and I'm not able to get it back, but the mouse focus retu... 
Posted October 14, 2008 7:53:02 AM
Passing Object by Ref/Pointer Hi, I'm reckon this question must be asked all the time! But I'm having trouble getting AS to do what i'd like it to do. What I've got on My code side my game object class and my instances of the object // C++ class GObject_c { int... 
Posted March 6, 2008 11:03:54 AM
[OpenGL / C++ / Managed] Hi, OK, so I've just started to use .Net with Visual C++ 2005 Express... and I'm trying to renderer OpenGL into a Form. So here's what I'd like a little help with, 1) Is it possable? 2) From MSDN "IWin32Window Interface ... Provides... 
Posted April 19, 2006 7:11:14 PM
[VC++6] Strange Linker Error! [Done] Hi, I've got this Strange Error! I'm using VC6, my code compiles but the Linking Fails! Have the feeling this is something simple I've over looked! But I'll explane... Main.cpp #include <String.h> void main() { int Length; c... 
Posted August 23, 2005 6:39:09 PM
Win32 GUI RAD... Hiya all! I've spent a good 10+ hours surfing round and trying diffrent things, and have got nowhere! What I'm after is a way of Rapidly developing a WIN32 GUI, nothing exterm, Window, couple of Sub-window, menus, buttons, listboxs, dialog boxs... 
Posted June 30, 2005 7:52:19 PM
[Win32 or .NET] Rapid App Devlopment How's everyone doing today? Right just a quick question, i hope! I'm about to start development of a Level Editor... Should I uses Win32 API or .NET? Which produces results quickest? I've only got VC6, but I've got the VC2003 Toolkit... ... 
Posted June 30, 2005 9:33:13 AM
The usfull links people share... need structure. I spend loads of time reading what people say in the forums, and every once in a while, someone post something I might need soon. The PROBLEM is I never note down the link and then can never find the post again a week or two later when i come ba... 
Posted June 22, 2005 9:21:28 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Map generator using Google Earth/Maps This game uses Google maps to build tracks, http://racing.vodafone.com/hometown/en-gb/  
Posted October 7, 2010 1:18:35 PM
MMO development: matching a graphics and server engine If your after Middleware, have you looked at Hero Engine or Big World? Depending on What your final product is this could save you Years... There was also an Open-Source MMO Server project about Call "Project Dark Star", but don't know wha... 
Posted August 17, 2010 2:55:32 PM
Aftermath Sorry to here your having problems.... First the Unity Web Player download page has tabs along the top, choose the Webplayer setting to see if the Plugin is installed correctly. OR try the Unity Island demo If they don't run it's a Unity and/o... 
Posted March 10, 2010 5:23:16 AM
Aftermath Firstly thanks for the Reply(s). It's always nice to get feed back, and good to know your enjoying the Game. We've spent the day improve the Car Physics, (Given it more Mass) and Balancing the Weapons to match. We also made a tweak to the camera... 
Posted February 15, 2010 4:17:37 PM
VC++ 2005 Express + Manifests & Policys Issue OK, It was in there..... I just didn't find it first time round.... Everyone carry on as normal... 
Posted August 4, 2009 4:37:46 AM
Upgrade of a GPU Wow, Someone else form Preston!! Anyway... Replacing your graphics Card is all about your budget. I got a GeForce GTS250 with 1GB RAM from Scan.co.uk for £100 about two weeks ago. 1) Check what card types you system can take, PCIe / AGP etc.... 
Posted June 5, 2009 12:08:12 PM
Quake Live Technology? id have Licensed (I think, they are listed as a client on the website) InstantAction (www.instanceaction.com) by Garage Games. This is a tool that allows you to plug you engine into a web interface. Rob.  
Posted February 24, 2009 11:22:31 AM
[DX9c] - Direct Input Issues [FIXED] FIXED!!!! Thanks to Evil Steve I replaced the != DI_OK with the FAILED MACRO and everything look to be working correctly. 
Posted October 14, 2008 9:37:25 AM
[DX9c] - Direct Input Issues [FIXED] O Well, Thanks for you help... I'm going to leave it for today, and review it all tomorrow. You've given me a few things to look into... And if all else fails I can rewrite it using the window message loop! 
Posted October 14, 2008 8:57:32 AM
[DX9c] - Direct Input Issues [FIXED] OK, Keyboard Creation, inside Win32Input_c class hr = DI8->CreateDevice(GUID_SysKeyboard, &DI8Key, NULL); if (hr != DI_OK) { LastError = 2; return(false); } hr = DI8Key->SetDataFormat(&c_dfDIKeyboard); ... 
Posted October 14, 2008 8:35:41 AM
View All Replies Made By This User