Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know LangFox...  
Full Name Lang Fox
Nickname LangFox 
State/Province, Country Guangdong   China
GD Gathering City Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Senior Programming Engineer 
Job Description 3D Game Engine Programmer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1020  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/23/2004 12:17:38 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Need help to find an article Hi guys, I read an article here maybe one or two months ago. It's about a programmer using 3 year of his spare time to make a game. He wrote the article to share his experience. And I remember he use a third party lib to package all resource... 
Posted December 15, 2008 9:46:10 PM
A GLSL Demo Hi, everyone, I'm here just to show you some screenshot of GLSL rendering technology. Hoping more people will love OpenGL, it's gentler and flexible. And I'm keeping doing more Demos in my spare time. It will be my pleasure to share them to yo... 
Posted August 31, 2006 11:44:59 PM
Point sprite with GLSL? glspec20 says: Quote: If a vertex shader is active and vertex program point size mode is enabled, then the derived point size is taken from the (potentially clipped) shader builtin gl_PointSize and clamped to the implementation-dependent point si... 
Posted January 23, 2007 8:48:37 PM
Point sprite with GLSL? glspec20 says: Quote: If a vertex shader is active and vertex program point size mode is enabled, then the derived point size is taken from the (potentially clipped) shader builtin gl_PointSize and clamped to the implementation-dependent point si... 
Posted January 23, 2007 8:48:38 PM
Question: Vista and OpenGL OMG, most of GL apps couldn't run on the vista RC2, I'v just installed. So I tried one by one, happenly opened the NeHe's lesson 24, that's the result: http://olm.photo.qq.com/?file=9C209C7CF6C4DFE8E9A72297A697D463E602F2519AFD438F9D... 
Posted November 21, 2006 3:19:23 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
quaDrop v1.0 I love the color! 
Posted July 9, 2009 4:55:05 AM
Integrating ToLua and Your Game Engine Great article, thanks first. After WOW, I always look at lua, but obstructed from integrating lua to engine. You saved me! BTW, I also look into js. With SpiderMonkey (javascript-C) Engine(http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/), js is eas... 
Posted January 6, 2009 9:57:05 PM
Need help to find an article Thanks very much, dear Gaiiden. I never notice there is a "Latest Articles" list on the right. It's my fault. I've tried Google, but can't find the correct keywords. Anyway, I get the article now. Thanks again. 
Posted December 16, 2008 9:14:22 PM
A GLSL Demo Hi, the glow effect is done by post image processing. You could check the glow demo from nVidia SDK, or "Real-Time Glow" from GPU Gems 1. 
Posted February 5, 2008 8:53:25 PM
glCreateShader returning 0 It may be the mechanism of glut. The gl content isn't created until glutMainLoop is called. 
Posted May 31, 2007 5:02:18 AM
how to make light tender? google " HDR and Deferred Shading" then you will get plenty material. And you can directly go to www.ati.com/developer or developer.nvidia.com for the technique papers and examples. 
Posted January 31, 2007 10:50:49 AM
Problems in conversion Well, I recommond using gluUnProject to do the converting for you. 
Posted January 31, 2007 10:05:25 AM
Mouse Touch Area well, that's the famous "picking" problem. Although GL supports "Selection and Feedback", it is VERY slow for practice. The best way is, imaging there is a ray from eye point to infinite, passing the cursor point. The object you are clicking is wh... 
Posted January 31, 2007 9:36:41 AM
Point sprite with GLSL? Yes, thanks. I have worried about it before coding, but it's true...so sadly~ 
Posted January 28, 2007 2:54:34 AM
Point sprite with GLSL? Yes, I think it's the same size too. The particle size is random from 30 to 50, and the point sprite setting is like this: float quadratic[] = { 1.0f, 0.01f, 0.0f }; //g_GraphicManager.SetPointSize(100.0f); g_GraphicManager.SetPointDist... 
Posted January 24, 2007 7:48:26 PM
View All Replies Made By This User