Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know amputeecliniq...  
Full Name C D
Nickname amputeecliniq 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/2/2008 12:25:22 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Cheese Hunter I recently finished writing a rigid body physics engine for my dissertation at university (handed in last week). These are some screen shots from a demo I put together: a) to demonstrate the engine's use in a game b) to show to prospective employe... 
Posted May 3, 2008 1:29:45 PM
Cellular Automata This was created as part of a generative creativity course on my degree. The assignment required we create a generative system that produced art of some description. I developed an interactive cellular automaton for OS X, thought it would be fai... 
Posted March 10, 2008 5:01:54 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
SDL/Opengl transparency I'm presuming you're using OpenGL to render. Have you remembered to enable alpha blending when you need it? glEnable(GL_BLEND);  
Posted April 28, 2008 4:27:40 PM
[C++] vector containing derived classes Why is it problem to use virtual functions? They don't invalidate your use of derived classes, they just give you an easy way of calling functions that all (or most) of your derived classes implement in a different way. So, you call the right on... 
Posted April 28, 2008 5:39:25 AM
Nintendo makes me mad. Quote:Original post by Jedimaceamputeecliniq, i really don't get what you mean... I wont be cryptic about it. Having a look around wiibrew.org might point you in the right direction to get your own code onto the Wii. If you're determined.  
Posted April 27, 2008 6:40:40 AM
Nintendo makes me mad. Is it worth pointing out that a determined hobby coder might, oh I don't know, have: a copy of Twilight Princess, an SD card and devkitPPC? :) 
Posted April 27, 2008 6:05:50 AM
Zero Gear Fantastic! Looks fun. :) 
Posted March 22, 2008 5:00:18 PM
Developing for the iPhone? Anyone? Anyone? I'm very excited about developing games for the iPhone. Unfortunately I don't currently have one, and the OpenGL issue with the simulator is a real shame, else I'd be tapping away at getting something up and running on it. I'm very interest... 
Posted March 16, 2008 1:08:13 PM
Cellular Automata Quote:Original post by ahw what about finding a way to turn visual frequencies into audio ones? Instead of trying to generate numbers from a binary value as you did, why not try to find a way to turn those waves forms you generate into audio w... 
Posted March 12, 2008 7:56:36 AM
Cellular Automata Quote:Original post by LorenzoGatti I'm curious: how do you extract the sounds? Well, I experimented with cellular automata that had a grid width which was a multiple of 128. I considered each row to represent a note and its duration. I took the... 
Posted March 11, 2008 8:15:07 AM
Cellular Automata I am indeed at Sussex uni. Generative creativity is an optional course for third year students in the Informatics department at Sussex, I'm a finalist in BSc Computer Science. The course has been an interestingly "arty" and philosophical topic compar... 
Posted March 10, 2008 5:45:00 PM
View All Replies Made By This User