Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know jjd...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname jjd 
State/Province, Country MA   United States
GD Gathering City Stoneham, MA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1387  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/15/2005 9:05:01 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/jjd/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Are hard-drives plug-n-play? Hi, I don't know much about hardware, so I don't know how reasonable the question is. But I want to replace the RAM and possibly CPU + Motherboard on my computer, but continue using the same hard-drive. What are the restrictions on doing... 
Posted September 12, 2010 7:26:07 PM
Never return void? Hi, I had a brief conversation with a colleague who stated, 'a method should never return void'. I rejected the idea out of hand, and we didn't have time to discuss it. So I was wondering if anyone here has heard of this idea or knows why this would... 
Posted August 31, 2010 8:28:50 PM
How to view function signatures in library file Hi, Can anyone recommend a way to view/list the functions in a static library on winxp? I have been googling but haven't found much. I seems like it should be easier to inspect this kind of file. I've tried using 'dumpbin' but that produces... 
Posted September 5, 2010 10:11:27 AM
CMake I want to move to a makefile based build system on windows. I'm familiar enough with plain old make, but I've also been looking at cmake. It seems quite different from other types of 'make' and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? ... 
Posted September 3, 2010 7:26:12 PM
Cannot reset or change password Hi, I just found that I cannot change or reset my password. That doesn't seem like a good thing so I thought I'd bring it up :-) -Josh  
Posted August 21, 2010 8:37:33 PM
I'm getting screwed but is it legal? So about a week ago I gave two weeks notice to my current employer, so this is my last week. Last week I took a half day using 'personal time'. This is distinct from 'vacation time'. Whereas vacation is accrued over time according to the number of da... 
Posted June 29, 2010 7:35:59 PM
Anyone used the Generic Image Library? I just came across the generic image library (gil) and I was wondering if anyone has tried it out in their games? In particular, I was wondering how you found working with the idea of concepts? Is the use of template syntax overly verbose? Was the pe... 
Posted February 5, 2010 8:58:12 AM
Virtual machine (?) recommendations Hi, I have this problem at work that I'd like some help with. We have a suite of tests that test your changes didn't break anything. The problem is that these tests often bring up windows and steal focus, so I can't easily work on other thing... 
Posted October 31, 2009 11:47:37 AM
Project management software hi there, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some online project management software that you've used for a team project. I'm looking to put together a team and I want a good way of tracking and managing the project. There seem to be l... 
Posted July 20, 2009 4:32:08 PM
Problem w/ static const member variable in DLL I'm sure there is a simple solution for this problem but I've had trouble finding something on the web. I'm getting linker errors when I try to use a static member variable from a class exported to a DLL. For example, // foo.h class MY_API F... 
Posted June 21, 2008 8:48:47 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
WH sues Arizona college for requiring green cards. I don't understand. I can get a social security card and drivers license without having permission to work in the US. So clearly it is not 'sufficient to show that a person is authorized to work' (I should note that this is the case for Massachusetts... 
Posted September 5, 2010 11:06:44 PM
Conflict of interest or am I ok? As ApochPiQ mentioned some companies will require that anything you create on your own time is their intellectual property. I worked for a company that required this and it was one of the reasons why I eventually left there. So, yes, be car... 
Posted September 2, 2010 8:22:20 PM
Never return void? Thanks everyone for helping me to understand this better. My colleague does come from a functional background and so it may be this that is informing his opinion. I should have been clearer in my description, so my use of the word function may ha... 
Posted September 1, 2010 7:08:08 AM
So yeah Im quitting my job lol Quote:Original post by EvilNando Im totally aware of that possible situation while I dont suck at drawing Im clearing not gifted so I have some spare savings to just hire some freelance work for the graphics and sound. I wont make the first pr... 
Posted August 28, 2010 3:00:20 PM
writing an essay about physics Quote:Original post by paard Hi, I am going to write an essay about physics for a uni course. Could you please indicate me the principles I should include ? Thank you in advance. PS: Any good source is more than welcome :) Well, that's... 
Posted August 22, 2010 2:54:53 PM
Cannot reset or change password Sorry, gdnet was being filtered out as spam by gmail. my bad. 
Posted August 21, 2010 10:42:23 PM
Differential equation problem A useful little relation to remember, particularly in physics, is that y dy/dt = (1/2) d(y^2)/dt so now your problem can be written as d(y^2)/dt = 2 * 50 => y^2 = 100 t + C which is pretty easy :-) Unfortunately, that may not help you... 
Posted April 23, 2010 9:57:43 AM
Phone Interview? I would also suggest reading any review related to your prospective company that are posted on GlassDoor or JobVent. Naturally, most of the reviews are negative, but you can sometimes identify common complaints about the company and this can pro... 
Posted February 24, 2010 8:34:22 AM
Phone Interview? Just came across this page. You might find it interesting,  
Posted February 23, 2010 4:31:53 PM
Can i go straight to game programming with C++ Quote:Original post by milosss Do you think that a beginner like me can go straight to learning about game programming insted of all the boring crap which has pretty much (as for me) nothing to do with game programming? No. 
Posted February 9, 2010 10:34:18 AM
View All Replies Made By This User