Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Servant of the Lord...  
Full Name  
Nickname Servant of the Lord 
State/Province, Country Kansas City, MO, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1572  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/24/2005 3:56:31 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Humble Indie bundle 2?! In case you guys didn't know, a new Humble Indie Bundle was just released: http://www.humblebundle.com/ I didn't buy the last one (I didn't want any of the games), but this one I'm snapping up. Oddly, I can't find info about this ... 
Posted December 14, 2010 4:52:54 PM
C++0x library documentation? Where can I get the C++0x library documentation? I normally use CPlusPlus.com for C++ library questions, but they don't have the 0x stuff up yet. (Note: I understand C++0x isn't fully implemented yet in GCC, but alot of it is, and I'd like the mes... 
Posted November 17, 2010 5:26:30 PM
Valve software survey... Creepy Valve's running this month's Hardware/Software survey. It's rather extensive the amount of info they are uploading to their servers (opt-in, though). I trust Valve, and don't have anything wierd on my computer, but I mean, jeesh... See for y... 
Posted November 1, 2010 6:41:24 PM
Full page ad? I just got a full page ad when visiting GameDev. Is this a new addition, or is it a javascript payload the piggybacked on a normal ad? (It was one of those "Chrome fast" Googe Chrome ads) Just curious - I actually wouldn't mind if GD... 
Posted October 1, 2010 10:24:34 PM
Getting the address of the object a pointer is pointing to For some reason, my mind is sleepy, and I can't remember how to, even after looking it up online. Is this correct?unsigned int address = (unsigned int)pointerToClass; I'm trying to figure out if my pointer is getting corrupted... (I'm fairly... 
Posted September 26, 2010 2:01:57 PM
Web archiving? What software do you use to archive websites? If I want to archive a site, so I can view it while my internet connection is down, what would you use? Wikipedia has a decent list of such services, but I have no clue which are good or not. I'd pr... 
Posted September 2, 2010 6:41:40 PM
RPGs / Action RPGs - What do you like in em? I'm working on a 2D sandbox RPG (inspired by the 2d zelda games, Quest 64, and Elderscrolls III: Morrowind), and I'm conducting some research for it. (It'll have turn based battles, with an 'action timer' like the Final Fantasy games) I'd gre... 
Posted August 29, 2010 6:30:12 PM
Cross compiling from Windows to Mac OS X I'm programming a game, and I want to port it to Mac OS X. My composer uses a Macintosh laptop and I'd like to send him a alpha demo of the game; plus, I would like to eventually release my game for both Windows and Macintosh. All the libraries I... 
Posted July 14, 2010 5:25:00 PM
A+ Certification - how difficult is it? Hey, I'm looking at getting A+ certifified, merely because most the tech-support jobs in my area seem to require it. I don't have a formal education, all my knowledge is self-taught through online articles and books, and I'm wondering how diffic... 
Posted May 10, 2010 7:32:21 PM
Win32 Radio Buttons in a Group box Hey, doing some Win32 development, and running into a few problems. First: When I put radio buttons in a Group Box, the group box is the button's parent, and so my window can't receive the commands from the radio buttons, since the button passes t... 
Posted April 22, 2010 6:44:43 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Commenting in tight loops If it's too deeply nested, consider refactoring the loop, or the contents of the loop, into it's own function. Most of the time, my own loops are understandable enough that I just comment what the loop itself is doing, and not the contents of the... 
Posted January 6, 2011 10:21:40 PM
SDL_rotozoom. How do I use it? Quote:Original post by CheddarCheese I tried getting the middle point of the character by doing Playerx = (x1+x2)/2 and Playery = (y1+y2)/2. PlayerCenterX = PlayerX + (playerRotatedSprite->w / 2); PlayerCenterY = PlayerY + (playerRotatedSprite-... 
Posted January 6, 2011 5:03:09 PM
SDL_rotozoom. How do I use it? Quote:Original post by CheddarCheese Like I stated at the beginning, I want an image of the player to spin according to the mouse. How would I do this? Well, you are on the right track. Good job keeping at the issue, even in the face of bugs! ... 
Posted January 5, 2011 1:41:21 AM
Page format problem IE8 It is for me - both issues. Nice response time! [smile] 
Posted January 5, 2011 1:15:24 AM
Page format problem IE8 The forums page is also messed up.  
Posted January 4, 2011 11:32:33 PM
SDL_rotozoom. How do I use it? Do you know how to use a debugger, and step through the program? Are you sure 'player' loaded correctly, or are does load_image() return a NULL value? Are you sure '0' is a valid parameter for the 4th parameter of rotozoomSurface()? I've nev... 
Posted January 4, 2011 2:05:57 PM
Flash ads on the post reply/topic page Quote:Original post by szecs Sound? I never experienced that... I want GDNet to be successful - but are video ads the correct or only way to do that? What if they drive away visitors? 
Posted January 3, 2011 11:20:51 PM
Tile Engine Questions It really depends what your game needs. My tile engine will be somewhat different then your tile engine, because my game has different needs. My current game uses a tile engine that supports all kinds of unorthadox features like colorations applie... 
Posted January 3, 2011 11:02:35 PM
Hex Heightmap Port Battle for Wesnoth to 3D? 
Posted January 3, 2011 8:03:19 PM
Flash ads on the post reply/topic page I agree that the current video ads are very annoying - Staff, please do something about it! For me, they run perfectly fine and don't slow down my computer... but the fact that they have sound is absurd, and the fact that it is streaming video is ev... 
Posted January 3, 2011 2:18:52 PM
View All Replies Made By This User