Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Hanatarou...  
Full Name  
Nickname Hanatarou 
State/Province, Country MD   United States
GD Gathering City Rockville, MD, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1012  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/26/2006 12:55:54 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
getting the screen resolution This may be a stupid question, but here goes... I'm using glut with opengl. Is there any way to determine the screen resolution during runtime inside the program when the program is running in fullscreen mode? The reason why I ask is that I want... 
Posted September 21, 2006 7:11:41 PM
simple pong game Hi, I'm trying to make a simple pong game from scratch. I don't know anything about physics or elastic collisions. Is there anyone who can give me some pointers as to handle the physics in pong. I know, it sounds pretty easy to handle, but for... 
Posted September 21, 2006 12:00:41 PM
rotations slower when maximized I'm totally new to OpenGL, and even though I'm only on lesson 5 right now, I have a question concerning the speed of polygon rotation. When I run the lesson 4 program in window mode and maximize it, the polygons seem to rotate at a slower... 
Posted May 29, 2006 1:10:38 PM
Lesson 8 question At the end of lesson 8 NeHe says something like... "But how can we specify the color if we are using a texture map? Simple, in modulated texture mode, each pixel that is texture mapped is multiplied by the current color. So, if the color to be dra... 
Posted May 30, 2006 12:12:45 AM
Confusion with Lesson 9 Argh! I read this... "Now we move the star. The star starts off in the middle of the screen. The first thing we do is spin the scene on the x axis. If we spin 90 degrees, the x axis will no longer run left to right, it will run into and out... 
Posted May 30, 2006 9:06:35 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Playing Video in (Managed) Direct3D Pretty cool! I might look into that 
Posted January 12, 2007 1:31:35 PM
getting the screen resolution Thanks Kalidor! This glutGet function rocks! 
Posted September 23, 2006 4:17:42 PM
simple pong game Cool! I think I understand now. So, I don't need to calculate any angles after all... Interesting. Thanks :) I actually found a link for anyone who has found this thread and has similar difficulty understanding this stuff. It was very helpful... 
Posted September 21, 2006 1:04:14 PM
Plasma Pong v1.3 Screenshots Downloaded it. Played it. Loved it. 
Posted July 24, 2006 10:57:32 PM
Pursuit of Power Quote:Original post by Marmin Looks impressive. One thing, is that the windows are frozen from the beginning, maybe they should be able to move from the start. I agree. Furthermore, the trees and debris are represented as white blocks sc... 
Posted July 24, 2006 12:28:02 AM
Sony apologizes for in-game black/white ads Quote:Original post by zedzeek Quote:Sony often creates provocative advertising to the point that i am beginning to think that they are doing it delibrately. of course they are they knew what was gonna happen. very cheap publicity here, they just h... 
Posted July 18, 2006 1:08:15 AM
Sony apologizes for in-game black/white ads I just saw the ad. Sony is asking for trouble. 
Posted July 17, 2006 8:34:17 PM
Sony apologizes for in-game black/white ads It is ridiculous. But some folks are very race sensitive, and the advertising market should think twice before putting something up like that. I can understand how harmless it would be in some countries, but you got to be careful with the kind of i... 
Posted July 17, 2006 8:24:04 PM
Blazetris runs pretty well! I love the game. Although I wish there was more variety of music and background. Still, it's a good game [smile] -- -- -- -- -- Starting log : log.txt -- Program build : Jul 13 2006 , 01:26:50 -- -- -- -- -- game version... 
Posted July 16, 2006 12:14:36 PM
360 Struggling in Japan Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster Another thing... It's funny to see so many stereotypical Japanese games, made by Europeans, fail in Japan. Not every Japanese gamer has the same fascination over Ninjas and Samurai that every 14 year old Amer... 
Posted July 15, 2006 1:24:14 PM
View All Replies Made By This User