Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Twincamtinman...  
Full Name Scott Kerr
Nickname Twincamtinman 
State/Province, Country Western Australia   Australia
GD Gathering City Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1036  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/5/2006 1:36:18 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Last Dawn Last Dawn is a Zombie survival platform game made by me. The main premise is to bring supply crates found around the game world back to your base to make defenders so you can defend your base each night, when zombie hordes attack. Try to survive u... 
Posted April 1, 2007 12:19:19 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
a game with graphics? I found plenty of good SDL tutorials, and SDL is both very popular leading to a lot of available support and also very portable as it abstracts away pretty much everything. I definitely reccomend SDL if you're going the C++ route. 
Posted September 20, 2008 2:24:44 AM
Lighting problem. It sounds like you're not correctly calculating or defining the objects' vertex normals. If the whole sphere has the same normal then it will all be lit the same. You need to specify each vertex's normal with glnormal3f() when you define the geometry... 
Posted February 20, 2008 12:00:58 AM
Cricket Game Reminds me of 'Super International Cricket' on SNES, man the hours I wasted on that... Seems good though, nice job! 
Posted February 19, 2008 11:49:58 PM
How a Genetic Algorithm works M0ng00se, the problem is that when you say 'Genetic Algorithm' this term already has a defined meaning, which you are misrepresenting. It's all well and good to claim relativism, but if I call a turkey club sandwich a 'pizza' then walk into a pizza s... 
Posted February 17, 2008 2:43:47 AM
Game Design Basics I prefer to use the stack. Basically, have several procedures/objects (depending on design style) each of which is a game loop e.g. menu,option,game and then when you want to transition to a state call the main loop of that state. This is u... 
Posted February 13, 2008 9:22:15 AM
GPGPU Capable Graphics Card The 8800GT is one of the most powerful cards on the market at the moment, so you definitely should be able to run them. 
Posted February 1, 2008 11:49:31 PM
Bullets and collisions. I always use linesegments for bullets. It's pretty much the most easy and efficient way to test a fast moving projectile. For sinusoidal etc. just uses a line segment for testing and some particles or similar to visually represent it. As long as y... 
Posted January 25, 2008 4:20:35 AM
Need help:D The models positions should be relative to the origin when they were made. The only thing I can think of causing this is that maybe 3ds max centers models before exporting as obj? I can't think why they would do this, maybe you are modelling eac... 
Posted January 8, 2008 5:27:52 AM
Desert Demo Updated (and little Improved) Good job! It's certainly improved greatly since last time, especially the shadow edges & water. In terms of a new demo, It would be interesting to see your system handle interior environments. All the examples you've shown have been entirely open. I... 
Posted January 7, 2008 8:37:39 PM
Blending In MyDisplayFunc: You are enabling the blending and setting the blend mode inside the glbegin/glend block. I'm pretty sure you can't change these variables during a draw call. Shift the glenable and glblendfunc to be before the glbegin. Also, try d... 
Posted January 7, 2008 8:23:33 PM
View All Replies Made By This User