Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know DHunter...  
Full Name Ivan Galic
Nickname DHunter 
State/Province, Country Pozega
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1017  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/5/2005 3:40:08 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Bluerows Bluerows is a new and unique puzzle game. It is meant for casual gamers, but with its collection of easier levels, it is also suitable for kids. The meachanics of the game is unique, and probably unlike most of what you've seen before. We're cu... 
Posted June 30, 2006 2:34:01 PM
Audiere sound latency problems Hi! Is anyone using Audiere? I'm having problems with sound playing latency. The sounds start playing about half a second after issuing the command... A strange thing is that it only happens in my game - when I'd written a test applic... 
Posted June 18, 2006 8:46:31 PM
Contracts, splitting revenue, registering... Hi! I have a few questions regarding publishing I was hoping someone who has gone through all this could answer... We're currently finishing our first game. It is a logic/puzzle casual game, and we are starting to look for a publisher. 'We' are... 
Posted May 30, 2006 12:31:10 PM
A list of shareware game publishers? Hi! I've checked the FAQ, but it's quite outdated, and I've searched the archives, but couldn't find much. I've also searched on google, yet couldn't find anything relevant... So, can anyone point me to a list of shareware game publishers?... 
Posted March 24, 2006 2:38:44 PM
Allegro bitmap fonts collection Hi! Does anyone know of a web site where I could find a collection of old-style bitmap fonts? I plan to use them with allegro, and though for some parts of the game I can use .ttf, I need a font or two with smaller, non-antialiased characters... 
Posted March 2, 2006 5:20:25 AM
Least squares curve fitting Hi! Can anyone direct me to an algorithm description for least squares curve fitting(2d) - or an implementation of it? So, I have a set of points, and given the function, I need to find it's parameters so that it fits those points as close as poss... 
Posted February 20, 2006 4:34:23 AM
2D artist + composer for a completed game First of all, appologies for not following the template posting rules... No excuse for not reading the 'READ BEFORE POSTING' thread, but I hope you'll bear with me. Now the edited post: Team name: There's no team, really. It's currently just me.... 
Posted September 26, 2005 11:26:40 AM
Programmer looking for a puzzle game idea Hi! I'm a programmer with over 5 years of experience in C++, and I've been into game programming since I got my first computer... Though I have experience in both DirectX and OpenGL, I want to start a less ambitious (read: more realistic) proje... 
Posted January 12, 2005 1:15:16 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
text problem in allegro Not directly using Allegro. Allegro supports the bios fonts, .fon, which are monochrome and fixed size, and it supports bitmap fonts, which can look any way you want, but can not be colored, and are also fixed size. If you don't need many sizes of fo... 
Posted August 17, 2006 7:12:20 AM
Bluerows No, I don't think it would. Audiere, allegro and jpgalleg have been ported to mac, and I don't use any endian-dependent code (ie now low-level bit routines). Thanks anyway, -Ivan 
Posted June 30, 2006 3:35:23 PM
Bluerows Thanks. No, I haven't tried yet, as I don't have access to a Mac. It should work without problems, though, as the whole game was designed with portability in mind. As I've said, it works in Linux without problems, so I don't think Mac would pos... 
Posted June 30, 2006 3:29:39 PM
Audiere sound latency problems Then that's it! For some reason, I can't make it use DirectSound driver under Allegro. It works fine otherwise. However, if I specify "directsound" or "DirectSound" when using allegro, it fails. So Allegro must be doing something to prevent it... 
Posted June 19, 2006 4:22:39 AM
using LUA in my engine Don't worry it'll be too slow if you put the game logic in the scripting language. It is commonly done, but you need to think ahead how to implement it. The game logic should not contain such things for which it matters whether they're run in C or th... 
Posted March 28, 2006 6:36:07 PM
Explicitly long or unsigned integer constants When you're doing arithmetic operations, the compiler can implicitly perform some conversions, if the types are different. Also, when you're writing constants in your code, it needs to determine what type they are. I don't know the exact rules, but I... 
Posted March 20, 2006 4:30:17 AM
How to MAKE liballeg.a ? The link error is because you gave 'liballeg' to the linker. Instead, you need to give -lalleg as the option. The same is with mingw. -Ivan 
Posted March 19, 2006 11:59:27 AM
How to MAKE liballeg.a ? Hi! From your log, I can't determine where exactly is the error. However: - which version of gcc are you using? Allegro won't compile with 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 - you need to run 'fix.bat djgpp' before running 'make'(though it seems you've already d... 
Posted March 18, 2006 10:10:46 AM
Allegro bitmap fonts collection Thanks, that's exactly what I've been looking for! -Ivan 
Posted March 4, 2006 11:29:51 AM
Allegro bitmap fonts collection Thanks for your replies. However, I was looking for fonts like the ones used in old games, with outlines, gradients, etc. So transferring some ttfs to bitmaps doesn't help much. Yes, I'm using the ALFont library, and I'm very happy with it. ... 
Posted March 3, 2006 5:27:11 AM
View All Replies Made By This User