Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know toony...  
Full Name  
Nickname toony 
State/Province, Country Greater London   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City london, Greater London, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 670  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/19/2009 8:09:13 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Circle Matrix screen saver programmed it while learning opengl. it is a circle drawn with line segments instead of points. the lines that make up the circle change in incremental order by 0.01 to make it look alive and somewhat matrix styled! the circle starts as plai... 
Posted November 30, 2010 11:43:12 AM
packing rgba into a 32bit integer i wrote 2 functions, one for packing 4 individual bytes into a unsigned int variable (a 32bit word), and the other for unpacking this unsigned int into 4 individaul bytes. these bytes can represent the red, green, blue, and alpha colours. i... 
Posted December 6, 2010 8:34:01 PM
game programming job market where is the money at? programming for handheld devices, pc, or others... what i mean exactly is the job market and which choice guarantees more jobs. i think it's in the mobile devices. 
Posted November 25, 2010 8:09:21 PM
Stuxnet your thoughts about stux net and where it might have come from! 
Posted November 25, 2010 7:13:20 PM
why should i learn opengl 3.x when i can learn 2.x? just need some advice from people that have used both the old opengl 2.1 and the new opengl 3.x. i read that opengl 2.1 requires less code to get things done compared to opengl 3.x, any truth to that?? complexity is the thing that probably bothers me... 
Posted November 15, 2010 11:59:26 AM
how to kill your wife in 24 hours i have seen this on many forums so why not here? programmers are people too, we need to laugh/smile at times... #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 which method would be your favorite... no offence ladies... 
Posted October 31, 2010 6:53:49 PM
programming is math is programming here is a good tip, including a helpful website that i have used to improve my math: based on my opinions/experience: when i first started learning a programming language, it mostly was about terminology and practice to me. At times it becam... 
Posted October 27, 2010 12:29:47 PM
Priority and order of evaluation something i created for myself, to remember the precedence of operators. print it out and stick it on your wall, leave it there until you remember all! OPERATORS ┌──┬──┬──┬^... 
Posted October 27, 2010 12:39:02 PM
my 2d shooter (stopped developing) i would like some people to try it and give me some comments on it. i have stopped working on this as i have on most of my games! i have no inspiration, and no artists. i get bored quickly and i hate getting bored! if anyone would... 
Posted July 9, 2010 6:33:42 PM
where can i get openGL 3.x header file anybody knows if opengl 3.x comes with an official header file? i've tried looking on the official opengl website but i can't find it anywhere. i know gleee and glew can be used but i'd like the official if it exists. and one more thin... 
Posted July 10, 2010 12:45:45 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Circle Matrix screen saver clearly i didn't read the rules for posting an image of the day, because i didn't think there were any. but, yes there is not much going on within this compared to the 3d one you have presented. will check out the rest of your work asap ;).... 
Posted December 7, 2010 11:36:00 AM
packing rgba into a 32bit integer guess i should keep them together in an object way (if i need to keep track of them as well), i'll try an object oriented approach most certainly. yes |= would also work, but so does +=, and there's no noticeable performance difference between the... 
Posted December 7, 2010 11:03:13 AM
Circle Matrix screen saver come on now! what is this? i programmed this while exploring the api's commands. were you born knowing everything you know now? no. and to get you off my back i would have to say: it is easy for you, because you already know it. and it's... 
Posted December 6, 2010 7:39:56 PM
game programming job market Quote:Original post by phantom Quote:Original post by toony i just hate anything that isn't c/c++! Well you should just give up now then because no job is just going to require you only know C or C++. For example, in the last 2 weeks in... 
Posted December 6, 2010 7:13:24 PM
game programming job market Quote:Original post by phresnel Quote:[...] language [...] c/c++ C/C++ is not a programming language. Those are two. And I doubt that you really grasp both. Quote:Original post by toony lmao!! wOw! hmm, that does not apply to me.[...] you ca... 
Posted December 4, 2010 2:30:23 PM
Pokemon ... Yu-Gi-Oh ... What's the best trading card battle game? magic the gathering is my all time favorite. but i agree with the above and dislike the new rules myself. http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multiverse/ 
Posted November 29, 2010 3:06:19 PM
What do you like about any game i like the way i programmed a bug that turned into a game feture! 
Posted November 29, 2010 3:02:43 PM
Birth or Not? no birth == end of homo sapiens! can't believe most people voted for abortion (what choice did they have?). yet, the world is getting crowded so go for it and bring some sort of chinese law upon us all! and let the rich guys have as many kids as they... 
Posted November 29, 2010 2:47:08 PM
I want to make OpenGL games in C++ Quote:Original post by Kada I know Java a little more than I know C++, but I own Beginning C++ through Game programming, the newest edition, in order to learn C++ more. My ultimate goal is to learn OpenGL and program 3D applications/games (basic... 
Posted November 29, 2010 2:25:33 PM
game programming job market Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper Quote:Original post by toony lmao!! wOw! hmm, that does not apply to me. Yes, it does. We are taking your career more seriously than you are. you can help yourselves by reading and digesting what i wrote first.... 
Posted November 29, 2010 12:55:39 PM
View All Replies Made By This User