Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know fitfool...  
Full Name  
Nickname fitfool 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City Coffee, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 970  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/7/2006 7:08:15 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Good math resources So the college semester is getting close to ending and I'm looking at some free time. It's been a few years since I've done any 3D coding and I'm looking to get back into it. A few years ago when I started to with Directx 9.0, I was able to get some... 
Posted December 2, 2010 1:34:01 AM
[C++] Implementing SSL Hello, im developing an application that needs to be able to send emails. Unfortunately, almost all large free email providers(Gmail, Hotmail etc.) require encryption over SSL/TLS. I'm looking to possibly implement this myself. I've looked over a few... 
Posted March 29, 2010 4:21:05 PM
Vista UDP firewall workaround I've been testing my implementation of TFTP(Client) on a couple of computers. It works great on all my XP machines, but fails on Vista. On Vista, my client is able to send() the write request to my server, me server catches it and... 
Posted April 12, 2010 4:45:56 PM
Best way to store large text strings. Hello, I'm developing a small forum in PHP+MySQL and am having trouble deciding which way would be the best way to store user posts. I have 2 options in mind: Option A: For each forum thread, create a unique ID for the thread in the 'threads_table... 
Posted December 9, 2009 10:54:43 PM
Changing background color of a tab control Hello, i'm having trouble with changing the background of my tab control. In this picture Clicky you can see on the left frame, that the background color of the tabs client area is white. When you look at the background color of the static contr... 
Posted April 25, 2009 3:33:25 AM
Detecting a TCP Disconnect Well i know you can detect a disconnection by checking the return value of recv(), but this poses some problems. I'm trying to write an isConnected() method for my TCP socket-wrapper-class, but i can not effectively tell if the socket has disconnecte... 
Posted December 18, 2008 10:05:15 PM
WinAPI Tabs I have created a tab control and attached 2 tabs to it, in WinAPI(c++), as seen here: http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8990/69941214xa9.jpg As you can see, i have a tab called 'TCP', and a 'UDP' tab, there is also a button in there. My proble... 
Posted November 22, 2008 6:02:48 PM
Path finder Here's a little pathfinding app i made. It utilizes dijkstra's algorithm and SDL. I was curious of the workings of some these algorithms so i figured i'de give it a shot. Full source and binary are availible here, maybe useful to anyone learning a... 
Posted July 6, 2008 9:17:11 PM
FitFool's JEngine Heres a screen shot of an old project called JEngine. It has since been scrapped due to the time it took me to create up to what i had, and what still needed to be implemented. Im very glad i took this project on because i have learned a whole l... 
Posted June 9, 2008 12:41:17 AM
Irc Hate's Me(wont let me connect) :/ Well, im working on a irc bot, and everything is going dandy, but i cant seem to connect to a server(successfully join a channel, not connect()). Right now, im able to receive all data from the server, break if off at "\r\n"'s throw it in a std:... 
Posted March 19, 2008 9:19:29 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Graphics Card/ PSU question Some motherboards give you the option to disable PCIE/AGP video support in the bios. Unplug the card, go into the bios(assuming your motherboard has built in video), and make sure this isn't set. You also may be able to disable onboard video too... 
Posted January 2, 2011 4:49:56 AM
gzip uncompressed file size Quote:Original post by sprite_hound Well, if the original file size is less than 2^32 (512 megabytes if that's 2^32 bits) then the original file size is equal to the original file size modulo 2^32. If your original file size is greater than 512 m... 
Posted December 26, 2010 2:38:13 PM
Good math resources Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. They look very promising. Also, don't be afraid of providing more. You can never have too many math resources :) 
Posted December 4, 2010 4:27:45 AM
Single threaded TCP server Quote:Original post by Bow_vernon -for i=0 to nclient --add socket[i] to fdset -select() -for i=0 to nclient --if socket[i] in fdset ---recv() Correct, but even better, put as many descriptors as you can in the set. Basically, poll 64 socket... 
Posted December 2, 2010 3:23:42 AM
Crash Report System? I think what you are looking for is called SEH(Structured Exception Handling). 
Posted November 29, 2010 8:20:21 PM
Blade like dissolve effect Seems actually pretty simple. Create some noise, for each texel, multiple some given time stamp by the noise, if the product is less the some given threshold, set the alpha of the texel to 0. The timestamp will allow you to control how fast the mater... 
Posted October 18, 2010 4:58:43 PM
Google Pacman! + CSS Video Games? IIRC the whole thing was done in HTML5. 
Posted September 28, 2010 1:11:12 AM
Forward Collision Detection It's actually pretty easy if the objects are moving in a straight line. Just solve the system to determine where the two paths(lines) meet, calculate how long it would take each object to get to this point at there respective velocities and if the am... 
Posted September 27, 2010 7:42:41 AM
Looking for a little game that I can play while my code compiles I had a problem like this a while back. Every time I would build my project, it would automatically do a complete rebuild. Is your clock correct? 
Posted September 26, 2010 9:29:20 PM
fps camera collison in rooms? The best way would be to probably represent the player as an ellipsoid. The problem with the 4-ray approach is it's likely to be slower and you will also run into problems when the player tries to pan around while they're next to another collision ob... 
Posted September 26, 2010 9:25:11 PM
View All Replies Made By This User