Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Nit...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname Nit 
State/Province, Country VA   United States
GD Gathering City Fairfax, VA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1272  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/21/2005 9:46:16 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/nit/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
glDrawElements I seem to be having some problems getting glDrawElements to work. Using the fixed function implementation below, I try to draw my mesh object: int numIndicies = mesh->GetNumIndicies(); float* verts = mesh->GetVertexBuffer(); int* indici... 
Posted September 25, 2006 7:59:39 AM
Milkshape3d: attaching model1 to a joint in model2 My current project uses the ms3d format for my 3d models. I have a base model of a person, and I would like to attach a submodel to the person.ms3d. Let's consider the example of attaching a submodel of some hair to a person's head. I insert a joi... 
Posted February 9, 2006 9:29:38 AM
Multipass texture splatting I would like to add texture splatting to my heightmapped terrain. I would like my program to run on my old pc, which uses a crappy NVidia TNT2. So for my first attempt, I would like to accomplish this without shaders or the multitexture extens... 
Posted January 30, 2006 9:56:48 AM
getting MMGR to ignore std::list I recently posted about a memory leak that was detected by MMGR, that was the result of std::list usage of a memory pool. So knowing that this wasn't really a memory leak, someone (i think it was Sneftel, thanks!) pointed out that I should just incl... 
Posted January 26, 2006 9:21:31 AM
memory leak using std::list I am using Paul Nettle's memory manager (MMGR), which has been a life saver thus far. Just the other day, a memory leak came up that seems really suspicious, and I haven't been able to track it down. The output from MMGR is as follows: 1 memory... 
Posted January 23, 2006 9:06:42 PM
performance with GL_REPEAT [SOLVED] I was fiddling with some textured tiles earlier, and I noticed a significant performance degradation when I increased the "clamp value" on the texture coordinates from 1.0 to a higher value (in my case it was raised to 30). In my test case, I w... 
Posted January 12, 2006 5:32:05 PM
Switching between ortho and perspective I am doing some profiling of my code, and I noticed that my gui tree was taking up a relatively large chunk of my game loop. After some sleuthing, I narrowed down the problem to one key area: Switching between ortho and perspective. Consider t... 
Posted January 12, 2006 9:28:25 PM
fwrite a vector I am currently trying to write a vector of objects to a file using fwrite, and then reading those objects from the file using fread. I am not sure if it is possible to dump the entire vector to the file using fwrite, or if I should just iterate acro... 
Posted September 19, 2005 3:53:34 PM
Blending 2 tiles Hello. I am having trouble blending textured triangles together. I have 1 square tile, which is composed of two triangles (without blending). After drawing this tile with the proper texture, I wish blend another texture onto the lower hal... 
Posted September 9, 2005 8:53:03 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Gridless 2D Path-finding Points of Visibility may be of interest to you. I briefly explain it in the following post: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/viewreply.asp?ID=2452752 
Posted March 5, 2009 9:31:22 AM
glDrawElements Quote:Original post by haegarr Perhaps it is because ATM you're trying out glDrawElements only, but using indices at all makes sense only if you are re-using vertices. As long as each vertex is used only once, indices only i... 
Posted September 25, 2006 7:55:06 PM
glDrawElements I'm returning to this problem because I still seem to have some inconsistencies with immediate mode and glDrawElements(). This new problem came to light after fixing the type parameter in glDrawElements to GL_UNSIGNED_INT. Using immediate mode my... 
Posted September 25, 2006 9:00:06 AM
glDrawElements That was it. Thank you! 
Posted September 25, 2006 8:30:55 AM
A* Points of visibility Allow me to elaborate a bit more on what Kylotan said above. Your search consists of moving from your starting point (character location) to the end point (desired character location). So you start with that starting point, and all of its succ... 
Posted July 18, 2006 4:57:56 PM
Startup Movies? I have never worked my way through this tutorial, but it may be of use to you: http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/lesson.asp?lesson=35 
Posted July 13, 2006 1:15:01 PM
Terrain Engine Looks really good for streching a 256x256 over the entire terrain. 
Posted June 8, 2006 3:00:25 PM
Terrain Engine Looks cool! What size textures are you using for your terrain? Also what generation algorithm are you using (fault formation? diamond square?). 
Posted June 8, 2006 12:05:52 PM
Texture Combiner Not Working I was trying to do the exact same thing a few months ago. I posted my code here: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=372568. Hope you find it useful. 
Posted May 26, 2006 10:58:27 AM
Game State Problem You could have your gamestate manager implement the Singleton Pattern (also check out Enginuity's Singleton Implementation). Although the singleton would work, it is not entirely necessary and using a singleton will require your packet handling clas... 
Posted May 12, 2006 12:31:03 PM
View All Replies Made By This User