Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know KeganWalsh...  
Full Name Kegan Walsh
Nickname KeganWalsh 
State/Province, Country OH   United States
GD Gathering City Pickerington, OH, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1002  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/29/2007 7:45:29 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Star Wars ASCII (apparently old? but still :]) Someone just told me about this Go to Start>Run... From the console, type in telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl Hit 'OK' Enjoy! :] 
Posted November 16, 2007 11:06:57 PM
My Guess the Number Code Can you guys check it and see if there's anything I could've done better, or if my code structure is sloppy? Thanks! The rand, srand, and time things were all new to me. It was kind of just copied from a tutorial. I sort of got what the tutorial w... 
Posted October 18, 2007 2:32:31 AM
Question about the C++ Workshop I was considering buying the book for the workshop and following it (I know it's done, but I believe I can still follow it). Anyways, I was wanting to talk to people who participated in it and wanted to know if it was a significant help. If it was, I... 
Posted October 11, 2007 10:40:51 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Star Wars ASCII (apparently old? but still :]) Sorry haha. Someone told me it's an xp easter egg. I have no idea what telnetting is so sorry. 
Posted November 16, 2007 11:15:21 PM
How to begin programing The 'For Beginners' page does not help in any way in my opinion. What helped me was to read books. The first book I read was Game Programming for Teens by Maneesh Sethi. This gave me basic concepts and structure of programming. After that, I picked a... 
Posted October 24, 2007 1:51:07 AM
Recommeded Gaming Books(C++) One of the only books I've heard of that teaches C++ through game programming is the book, Beginning C++ Through Game Programming. I haven't read this book, but the reviews seem positive ;) 
Posted October 21, 2007 6:25:48 PM
What should i read next? At this moment, I'm reading SAMS Teach yourself C++ in 21 Days (5th Edition), and so far, it's not too bad. I'll send you a PM telling you if it's worth the price once I get further into it. 
Posted October 21, 2007 4:34:16 AM
My Guess the Number Code Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! My book came in yesterday (It's now 12:01 AM, so Oct. 18 heh) after school, so I'll read through it, use the old C++ workshops (I'm using the same book), and learn new techniques. I'll keep all of these comment... 
Posted October 19, 2007 12:03:53 AM
Games you play over and over again Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time such a great game =D EDIT*: By the way, I watched some of those angry video game nerd vids (see above post's link) haha funny [Edited by - KeganWalsh on October 17, 2007 7:56:14 PM] 
Posted October 17, 2007 7:56:23 PM
My first game in C# At the moment, I do not have time to play through all of it, but I did go through a few minutes of the game. So far, it's very well put together. As for looking through the code, I wouldn't be able to understand it because I haven't learned C#. So... 
Posted October 14, 2007 1:12:16 AM
Compiler..Microsoft visual C++? In Visual C++, this is how it should look: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout<<"Hello World.\n"; return 0; }  
Posted October 13, 2007 4:46:36 PM
Question about the C++ Workshop Thank you, fellow Walsh ;) 
Posted October 12, 2007 3:33:57 AM
Hello I have a problem i dunno about the other stuff, but i always liked to use milkshape 3d. it's pretty cheap. http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/index.html EDIT*: ^it's modeling software 
Posted October 8, 2007 12:06:02 AM
View All Replies Made By This User