Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Hexer...  
Full Name  
Nickname Hexer 
State/Province, Country NY   United States
GD Gathering City New York, NY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1022  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/10/2006 4:07:39 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Scorched Planets Scorched planets is a turn-based, space-themed artillery game similar to Worms and Scorched Earth. This was our final project at Full Sail that took 5 months to develop. (2 months of pre-production and 3 months of development) and a team of 6 people.... 
Posted May 4, 2007 12:47:54 AM
Scorched Planets - public release Screenshot gallery http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=446506 Download and check it out at www.ScorchedPlanets.com NOTE: Please help us! There have been reported some compatibility issues with some PCs. We haven't been... 
Posted May 5, 2007 2:19:42 AM
Procedural Catmull-Rom waypoints: How to clamp camera speed? Hello, I’m writing a procedurally-generated camera fly-by sequence based on a set of generated waypoints. For the waypoint following I use the standard Catmull-Rom function equivalent to D3DXVec3CatmullRom() that takes the four input vectors... 
Posted March 4, 2007 12:15:52 PM
Rotation difference between two quaternions? I am trying to implement a delta-compression technique for key-framed skeletal animation exporter. The way it will work is: if the rotation difference between two key-frames of a joint is small enough, it drops the key-frame. the problem: give... 
Posted November 10, 2006 2:24:35 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Scorched Planets Quote:Original post by Chargoth I have a similar problem.. The menus run ok for me, but as soon as I click to actually start the game play it crashes.. Damn. Can't reproduce this for the life of me... I only have 3 PCs to test it on.... 
Posted May 5, 2007 2:05:19 AM
Scorched Planets Anyone else having this problem? 
Posted May 4, 2007 10:20:33 PM
Scorched Planets Quote:Original post by tok_junior Looks fun. Not only does it have a cuddly look, but it's seemingly well polished as well, and i'd definitely like to play it (at work, so no time). If the quality of this product accurately reflects the qualit... 
Posted May 4, 2007 6:13:28 PM
Scorched Planets Quote:Original post by ussnewjersey4 How are you doing the stars / space dust / background ? Very simple actually, The background is a skybox with a star-field texture, and as an additional layer there are point-sprites of stars for the extra... 
Posted May 4, 2007 6:02:19 PM
Procedural Catmull-Rom waypoints: How to clamp camera speed? Got it. Thanks for your help. 
Posted March 4, 2007 9:35:29 PM
Rotation difference between two quaternions? got it, thanks! 
Posted November 12, 2006 1:01:17 PM
Rotation difference between two quaternions? Thanks everyone, here is what I ended up doing and it seems to work, although not sure if it's correct. I'll test the other techniques you presented too and see if there is any improvement. Given two quaternions q1 and q2 I convert both to axis... 
Posted November 11, 2006 11:37:19 PM
Rotation difference between two quaternions? Quote:Original post by Sneftel Given quaternions q1 and q2 representing two orientations, the quaternion q' = q-1q2 is the rotation that will rotate from the q1 orientation to the q2 orientation. Once you have q', you can simply convert q' to an... 
Posted November 10, 2006 2:38:25 PM
Screen coordinates to 3D movement Assuming you have two vectors that represent the last mouse position and the current mouse position projected from screen space to world space, I'll denote them with V1, and V2. And let's say you have a delta vector derived from them D = V2 - V... 
Posted November 8, 2006 1:18:51 AM
View All Replies Made By This User