Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know asimocpp...  
Full Name  
Nickname asimocpp 
State/Province, Country Limburg   Netherlands
GD Gathering City Amstenrade, Limburg, Netherlands
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1046  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/2/2007 12:09:23 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Swimming pool demo It is a hot day, so take a refreshing dip into this virtual swimming pool. You will need directX 10 todo so. It has water physics and advanced shaders. Any comments are welcome! You can download the demo on: http://www.xwaytoonsof... 
Posted July 3, 2009 12:48:28 PM
Planet engine I am building a planet engine. These are some preliminary screenshots. I am using procedural texture generation and adaptive meshes. A demo will be online soon. Lowest frame rate is ~160 fps, on a Nvidia GeForce 7600. Visible triangles a... 
Posted August 25, 2007 1:53:47 AM
Planet engine 2.0 I'am currently working on a new version (2.0) of my planet engine. It has new high detail shaders. It will be downloadable soon. These screenshots are previews of what to expect. More info can be found on htpp://www.xwaytoonsoft.com 
Posted August 2, 2007 3:31:23 PM
Very large planets in high detail I am building an engine that can render multiple planets in high detail. Currently I have a released a demo that can render 3 planets. You can travel between these planets. Several LOD algorithms are used to smoothly morph between details. The... 
Posted September 6, 2007 10:20:55 AM
Multibody physics demo (ragdoll) I have took up an old hobby of mine namely multibody physics. I have made a ragdoll demo. It has dynamic/static friction, self collision and static contacts making it more stable. Here are some screenshots: The graphics are very bas... 
Posted August 27, 2008 8:21:12 AM
Real time rendering of planets A new version of the universe engine is out. You can download the engine on my website www.xwaytoonsoft.com Here are some large screenshots:  
Posted June 11, 2008 10:11:06 AM
High detailed planet demo I am building an engine that can render multiple planets in high detail. Currently I have a released a demo that can render 3 planets. You can travel between these planets. Several LOD algorithms are used to smoothly morph between deta... 
Posted September 6, 2007 5:34:30 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Perlin Noise Terrain Raycasting with SSAO and SSDM Pitty I only have 512 Mb 
Posted September 21, 2010 6:04:10 PM
Perlin Noise Terrain Raycasting with SSAO and SSDM Got a error namely: Cuda error in file 'cuda_main.cu' in line 467 : out of memory 
Posted September 21, 2010 9:26:36 AM
Kenshi - A free roaming squad based RPG Looks great 
Posted April 27, 2010 6:21:49 AM
Very large planets in high detail Lod and especially LOD with textures should be very smooth and hardly noticeable. Most of the algorithm is dedicated to this. However on slower cards like 7600Go it is possible that the texture generation on the GPU cannot keep up with the... 
Posted September 11, 2009 6:20:16 AM
Swimming pool demo Thnx for the compliments, I can image the controls being a bit awkward. The mouse look with SHIFT is probably not used a lot anymore. I am used to it but I can imagine that people have trouble with it. I'am planning to build a game with the eng... 
Posted July 6, 2009 3:55:33 AM
Swimming pool demo - The demo also runs under directx 9 now. - The water is pixel shading. I use a floating point texture that contains speed and height etc, some damping and derive a normal map from it. - I am not familiar with the article you mention Christian.... 
Posted July 5, 2009 7:57:08 AM
Swimming pool demo I people have trouble running the demo, please let me know! 
Posted July 4, 2009 5:36:18 AM
Multibody physics demo (ragdoll) I am using featherstone in combination with collision and static constraints. Tried out constraint forces first but could not get it stable. 
Posted August 27, 2008 8:32:12 AM
Real time rendering of planets Download should be working fine now! 
Posted June 17, 2008 2:12:28 PM
Real time rendering of planets I have tested it on a Ge Force GO 7600. Maybe an update of your Video drivers will do the trick. 
Posted June 12, 2008 6:25:49 AM
View All Replies Made By This User