Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know barakus...  
Full Name  
Nickname barakus 
State/Province, Country New South Wales   Australia
GD Gathering City Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1070  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/21/2004 7:58:50 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Parasitus retake Hi all. Me and a few people have been working on this game for a while. We were trying to get it submitted into DreamBuildPlay, but unfortunately we were unable to produce a 360 port in time. Anyway, I'd really like to have another program... 
Posted September 26, 2008 1:03:36 AM
Parasitus DBP 09 Our entry into DBP 2009. You can find a video here. We are a team of 3, mostly an aussie contingent but with one american. Owen and I, both from Sydney, did the programming. Thaddeus was the artists. I also handled the music. We are going f... 
Posted August 31, 2009 10:08:30 AM
Parasitus - Additional 2D Spriters Required Project name: Parasitus Brief description: A 2D action platformer with emphasis on combat and terrain navigation. Think Devil May Cry mixed with Prince of Persia and a little Castlevania. Target aim: Entry into Microsoft's Dream Build Pl... 
Posted April 1, 2008 11:08:59 AM
2D Action Platformer needs Musician Project name: Parasitus Brief description: A 2D action platformer with emphasis on combat and terrain navigation. Think Devil May Cry mixed with Prince of Persia. Target aim: Entry into Microsoft's Dream Build Play competition. Depending... 
Posted March 24, 2008 12:04:47 PM
Storing reference of a value type Is there a way, aside from using unsafe code, of storing a reference to a value type? For example, something like passing a ref float to a method and then storing that reference? 
Posted December 29, 2007 7:35:28 PM
Vampiria Vampiria is an ode to the Castlevania of old in an era of nothing but Metroidvania's(not that they're bad or anything). Basically we are a group of Castlevania fan's making a tribute to the series. So far we are a group of 3, an artist, a compose... 
Posted November 26, 2007 11:48:07 AM
Odyssey - XNA game This is my entry for the XNA competition. The screenshots don't do the game justice, please watch the video linked below. video I have released a demo of the game. You will need XNA Game Studio Refresh to unpack it. Also, an Xbox 360 controlle... 
Posted July 2, 2007 1:12:53 PM
Memorable sporting events Wimbledon just wrapped up for another year, and I can safely say that the men's final was the most heart attack inducing, adrenalin filled 4 hours of my life. I didn't rate Rafa's chances of winning too high, but boy did he come close. Federer demons... 
Posted July 8, 2007 1:49:04 PM
Spiderman 3 ***SPOILERS*** A warning to those that haven't seen it - I've kept important spoilers in black text but I haven't hidden every single detail of the movie. In my opinion, these unhidden details aren't detrimental at all to those that want to go unspoiled but I rathe... 
Posted May 3, 2007 10:35:11 AM
Multi segmented sprites How would one go about implementing multi segmented sprites, almost like a 2D equivalent of a skeletal system, but without the distortion of the pixels. I am trying to implement something like the multi segmented enemies in say some Castlevania... 
Posted June 28, 2006 8:57:23 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Post your favorite music video (link)! Quite possibly the first music video ever made!  
Posted September 9, 2010 10:41:30 PM
Parasitus retake We parted ways with our spriter, but we bought his assets and we are going to continue and make do with what we have. The game is coming along well, we'll keep you guys posted. 
Posted April 28, 2010 1:18:14 AM
Can XNA be used with another gamepad besides XBOX360 You can but you'll have to use separate libraries, as far as I know XInput doesn't support other pads. You could use the Managed Direct Input libraries, though I am sure someone's gotta have written a decent wrapper for pad support in .NET, so have a... 
Posted October 16, 2008 7:50:28 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4 I really don't understand why people get so aggressive on Metal Gear Solid, specifically in regard to its lengthy cutscenes. That's the style of game it is. It would be like criticizing Pro Evo for being a football game or Rockband for bein... 
Posted June 13, 2008 8:01:55 AM
Xilvan Design presents Candy World : The Golden Bones At least lower the threshold. Right now you may as well additively render the scene twice. 
Posted June 4, 2008 4:20:16 AM
England 2 - 0 USA Well Americans, at least you can take solace in having done better than the poms at Roland Garros (if only by a round). Not that many of you would care either. Tennis is a worldwide neglected sport :( 
Posted May 31, 2008 8:55:12 AM
TV: What show to watch until CSI and House are back on? I am glad to see I wasn't the only one who liked Burn Notice. I am happy to hear it's coming back. 
Posted May 23, 2008 11:25:34 AM
Which guitar should I get Well, you could do like Hendrix and play a right handed guitar upside down! 
Posted May 22, 2008 8:07:22 AM
Side-scrolling game with Box2D (physics question) You can use a physics system like Box2D in a sidescroller. It can be a bit of a pain setting things up correctly, but its certainly doable. 
Posted April 26, 2008 8:19:23 AM
Looking for a song.... That song would fit well in a Megaman X game I reckon. 
Posted April 22, 2008 7:24:17 PM
View All Replies Made By This User