Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know adriano_usp...  
Full Name Adriano Ribeiro
Nickname adriano_usp 
State/Province, Country Sao Paulo   Brazil
GD Gathering City Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1196  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/26/2003 2:14:12 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Shaded + wireframe modes Hi, Many modeling packages have options to show their models in shaded + wireframe mode, like this: Just out of curiosity... I wonder if there is a common method to drawn the wireframe lines. Nowadays, is there some direct resource in the g... 
Posted December 12, 2009 2:52:41 PM
[HLSL] Rendering depths to a target Hi, I'm doing some tests rendering depths to a render target that has 16-bit for the red channel. Something like this: VS_OUTPUT Pos_VertexShader(float3 position : POSITION) { VS_OUTPUT output; output.wvpPosition = mul(float4(position, 1... 
Posted February 27, 2009 6:55:07 PM
[HLSL] Some doubts about computing positions in vertex and pixel shaders Dear friends, Suppose I would like to render positions (in the view space) to a target. Please, consider these 3 cases: CASE 1: VS_OUTPUT Pos_VertexShader(float3 position : POSITION) { VS_OUTPUT output; output.wvpPosition = mul(float4(p... 
Posted February 27, 2009 6:19:59 PM
[HLSL] Drawing only the vertices of the mesh Hi, Consider the following very simple vertex and pixel shaders: VS_OUTPUT SIMPLEST_VS(float3 position : POSITION) { VS_OUTPUT output; output.wvpPosition = mul(position, mul(world, mul(view, projection))); return output; ... 
Posted February 10, 2009 4:16:52 PM
[C#] Use a key string as an array index Hi, Just a simple question... Please, consider the following example: A simple struct: struct STRUCT_MESH { private string name; public int numVertices; ... Other properties ... ... 
Posted January 27, 2009 5:29:42 PM
The Little Big Planet - global illumination shading? Hi friends, Today I was looking at The Little Big Planet game... its rendering is very impressive. It looks like a kind of global illumination in real time. Please, does anyone have some idea on what kind of shading technique was used on... 
Posted January 21, 2009 7:37:56 PM
[XNA] enable dithering in XNA Hi, Please, which would be the equivalent to: g_pD3DDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_DITHERENABLE, TRUE ); // Direct3D 9 in XNA? Thanks in advance 
Posted June 11, 2008 4:41:04 PM
How to change the color of the texts shown in the Linux initialization Hi friends, Please, how could I change the color of the texts that are shown during the Linux initialization? Grub allows me to change the colors of the texts in the boot menu, but I'm not finding a way to change the color of the texts that ar... 
Posted September 19, 2007 9:16:19 PM
How to get the exact title of the windows running in linux Hi, I'm trying to get the exact title of the windows running in linux by using [i]XFetchName[i] function, as shown in the following code: Display *display = XOpenDisplay(NULL); int numWindows = 0; Window root, parent, *children; ... 
Posted September 3, 2007 9:16:51 PM
Detecting when the user inserts a CD in the CD-ROM drive Hi, I'm a beginner in linux. I would like to detect, using C++, when the user inserts a CD in the CD-ROM drive. Is there some file that I could monitor to detect this user action? Notice that I'm not meaning to mount the drive, but to the actio... 
Posted July 20, 2007 10:15:49 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[HLSL] Rendering depths to a target Quote:Original post by MJP You can just store wvPosition.z or wvPosition/farClip (where farClip is the distance to your far clipping plane of your projection). This should give you better precision. Actually both methods should produce approximate... 
Posted March 3, 2009 1:27:52 PM
DirectX 1mm equaivalent No secret. If your exporter didn't scale the model, 100mm in the Maya will be 100 units in DirectX. So, in this case, a translation by 1.0f (one unit) would correspond to 1mm (in the world or view space). Just make sure your exporter preserves the me... 
Posted February 28, 2009 4:00:32 PM
[HLSL] Some doubts about computing positions in vertex and pixel shaders I rendered 3 three cases and, at least visually, they seem identical. I was thinking about... and it seems the results should be really the same. For example, consider an edge whose ends are the vertices A and B. Let's call C a po... 
Posted February 28, 2009 3:11:59 PM
[HLSL] Rendering depths to a target In that code sample, I was considering the depths as the distances from the camera's eye to the object surface positions. In the view space, the camera's eye is the origin of the coordinate system, so I imagined to get depths by just computing the le... 
Posted February 28, 2009 8:03:58 AM
[C#] Use a key string as an array index Quote:Original post by jpetrie You probably want to look into using the Dictionary class instead of an array. Perfect. Thanks! 
Posted January 27, 2009 7:14:48 PM
The Little Big Planet - global illumination shading? Thanks all for the replies. The technique shown in "Fast Approximations for Global Illumination on Dynamic Scenes" looks very good. Does anybody here already tried to implement something like that? Thanks again. 
Posted January 25, 2009 9:12:48 AM
[XNA] enable dithering in XNA Quote:Original post by sirob Make sure you have MIP maps created for your textures, and the MIP filter is not set to POINT. You could also try Anisotropic filtering. Well, I'm using the following sampler in my effect file: sampler textureSamp... 
Posted June 12, 2008 2:52:07 PM
[XNA] enable dithering in XNA Please, look at this image: Setting mag, min and mipfilter as LINEAR wouldn't be enough to produce the BasicEffect rendering appearance? For a moment I thought the linear texture filters had not been applied, but you can notice a small diff... 
Posted June 12, 2008 1:39:20 PM
[XNA] enable dithering in XNA Quote: Just curious, what are you using dithering for anyway? I had used C++/Direct3D some years ago and now I would like to port some of my codes to XNA. I'm still starting in XNA, so I'm initially checking for XNA objects, methods and rendersta... 
Posted June 11, 2008 10:34:13 PM
Get data from a barcode reader in Linux Thanks friends. Yes, my barcode reader has an Y-splitter cable plugged to the PS/2 port. But I'm also considering to use USB barcode readers. Well, since these reader behave like keyboards, independently of the connector type, I will read data... 
Posted June 5, 2007 8:10:06 AM
View All Replies Made By This User