Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know [deleted93492]...  
Full Name  
Nickname [deleted93492] 
State/Province, Country    Costa Rica
GD Gathering City San Jose, , Costa Rica
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/1/2005 10:38:07 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Probabilistic algorithms to approximate function result? Months ago I read a Game Programming Gem about the Bloom filter, and how it could be used to approximate a function result. I'm writing a Virtual Machine for my new computer language, and I have been thinking since then how I could integrate that ki... 
Posted February 12, 2008 11:29:40 AM
The development strategy: fast vs big projects What's the best strategy for game development? Is it better to make a lot of fast-development games, like casual games, that could be completed in 1 month? Or is it better to get into a big project that could last years? The idea is to get the highes... 
Posted January 7, 2007 6:18:56 PM
Question on hash tables I was looking for information on hash tables, and found quite a lot in Wikipedia and some books... but, I'm not very confident on the solutions everyone propose. I implemented a solution that works fine, but I don't want to keep the doubt,... 
Posted January 1, 2007 8:03:03 PM
DirectX 7, Immediate or Retained? I'm using DX 9 to make my engine, but I need backward compat with DX 7 for the old machines. I found the SDK, and there are 2 modes for 3D graphics: immediate and retained... which one should I use? My applications are both windowed and fullscre... 
Posted December 11, 2006 2:57:49 PM
Help with COLLADA skinning Hello! First, I'm not using C++, so I can't use the libraries around to read COLLADA files. But made my own parser, and I'm able to load static 3D models. Now I would like to read and apply the skinning information, and I'm having problems to m... 
Posted November 29, 2006 9:34:38 PM
RoleWorld Builder 0.2b This is a project I've been working on for more than a year. It's an RPG construction set using block elements and sprites. The largest part of the development is making a reusable 3D/2D engine. Hope to have a running demo to show soon... 
Posted November 23, 2006 5:54:28 PM
Camera position from D3DTS_VIEW matrix How can I get the position X,Y,Z of the camera if I have only the View matrix created with D3DXMatrixLookAtLH()? 
Posted November 10, 2006 12:18:33 PM
D3DDEVTYPE_HAL and D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING faster?? I found a weird problem. I made an application that loads a large amount of vertices, and tested in two machines. Both have NVidia cards: FX 5200 and TI 4200. When I setup the device in DirectX, I use these parameters: D3DDEVTYPE_HAL and D3DCREATE... 
Posted November 9, 2006 4:31:46 PM
Collada animation Hello! Could someone tell me how to read the skinning from a Collada document? I created an interpreter for XML, and can read 3D models succesfully... but I can't find any information about how the data in Collada is related to animation, and how... 
Posted December 1, 2005 10:47:50 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Atanua - real time logic simulator Wow, I love those graphics! 
Posted March 29, 2008 3:00:09 PM
New programming language Quote:Original post by TheUnbeliever Built in Either and Bignum types What is the Either type? Sounds interesting, right now I'm writting a big number library, not using BCD, but a flexible big number format that allows 8, 16, 32 and 64 bit enc... 
Posted March 22, 2008 7:51:29 PM
Superhuman cold resistance There are lots of human-calculators these days, what about a "human-compiler"? Or even better a human-game-console!! That would be cool to watch. 
Posted March 11, 2008 4:01:39 PM
Probabilistic algorithms to approximate function result? Ok, maybe under the plain processing flow used by common programming languages, approximated-solution functions don't have a bright future with optimization. But what about mixing them with parallel processing? For example, let's say we want to op... 
Posted February 12, 2008 3:13:13 PM
Probabilistic algorithms to approximate function result? Quote:Original post by Antheus None. Programming languages need to be deterministic. But how could approximating a function result make a programming language non-deterministic? I think a programming language could bring a mechanism in which a... 
Posted February 12, 2008 12:19:44 PM
book - "Masters of Doom" Of course is not for reading, but I have liked all the documentaries on video games in Discovery Channel, specially the one that starts with the first video game "Tennis for Two". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_video_game There i... 
Posted January 23, 2008 4:25:09 PM
SunAge - finally final I don't usually post comments about other works, and although many projects have impressed me at Gamedev, I think this is the best 2D game I have seen at the moment. Amazing work!! I would buy one copy when available. 
Posted September 25, 2007 12:13:44 PM
Delphi: Dynamically linking DirectX Clootie usually posts at http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/ You might be able to ask this question directly. 
Posted September 19, 2007 10:38:47 AM
Nature in computer graphics It looks incomplete to me, are you still working on it? Where are the many other aspects of nature like lava, nebulae, earthquakes, hurricanes, and the list follows... >> In summation: this paper has educate the reader on what need... 
Posted September 7, 2007 2:57:06 PM
collision detection (circles + rectangles) Most intersection tests are not easy at all, and new algorithms are still being investigated to enhance and optimize them. You would do better looking for a collision detection library which someone have been developing for years. If you still want t... 
Posted September 3, 2007 6:29:53 PM
View All Replies Made By This User