Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know nullsquared...  
Full Name null squared
Nickname nullsquared 
State/Province, Country New York
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title 10th Grade Student 
Job Description I do homework and what-not, and I program in free-time. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 706  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/1/2005 10:58:47 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How to make my application OLE linkable/embeddable like Microsoft Equation Editor? Hey, can anyone point me in the right direction of how to make my application OLE linkable and/or embeddable? My application produces images based on some textual input. Ideally, I want to be able to import an OLE object of one of these... 
Posted September 16, 2010 6:41:56 PM
Quick elementary physics question regarding a velocity graph The facts: - Velocity starts at -50 m/s - Velocity reaches 0 m/s at 1 second - Acceleration is constant The questions: 1) Is the acceleration positive or negative? Since the slope of the graph is positive, I would conclude that the ac... 
Posted September 13, 2010 5:09:06 PM
Nullular Grapher Disclaimer: I contacted Ravuya about the content regarding the fact that it's not quite game-development, and I was told that as long as it look cool then it's good to go [smile]. Additional images: An animated mandelbrot being raised to the... 
Posted August 27, 2010 7:28:38 PM
LLCs, DBAs, business licenses, and bank accounts Consider the following case: I go out and form Some Company, LLC. 1) Since Some Company, LLC is a separate business entity from me, do I need to also get a DBA? 2) What do I need create a bank account for Some Company, LLC? If I'm using fall-t... 
Posted June 12, 2010 7:23:11 PM
Test Question That's one of my test questions where I lost most of my points. I had a long debate with my teacher about it. His point of view is that the graph is decreasing at a decreasing rate because the slope of the graph from left to right is numer... 
Posted May 25, 2010 7:47:13 PM
C# TextBox in TabPage loses focus Hey guys. I have a TextBox in a TabPage in a TabControl in my Form. Sometimes when I type, my TextBox loses focus, and I need to click in it again to refocus it. I've added a handler for the TextChanged event because I need to know when the cont... 
Posted May 16, 2010 10:17:30 AM
C# pass by reference? In C++, if we have a large object (like a Matrix), copying it isn't a great idea, so we pass it by reference. However, what if we have a large pass-by-value object (struct) (like a Matrix) in C#? Would passing it by ref be beneficial, or does tha... 
Posted May 22, 2010 2:29:00 PM
Optimizing a certain "programming challenge" This is the challenge: Here is my current solution: import java.util.*; import java.io.*; /** * @author null */ public class Main { private static ArrayList<String> words; private static class ScoredNode implements Compa... 
Posted May 17, 2010 6:37:37 PM
Selling a small application (Note: this isn't game-related per-se, but it is related to the business and law of selling software which relates to this forum, I think; also, this post applies to the USA) Let's say I have a small, useful application running on the .NET pl... 
Posted May 13, 2010 3:38:55 PM
Plotting implicit equations Hey guys. Can anyone point me to a resource (paper/article/page/etc.) on plotting implicit equations? I'm writing a real-time-feedback graphing calculator as an exercise, and the obvious brute-force method of checking every X,Y against the e... 
Posted April 12, 2010 11:05:18 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How to make my application OLE linkable/embeddable like Microsoft Equation Editor? Thanks for the info. Is Microsoft Word the "OLE Container", or is that something I must provide? (RE comment about OLE being terrible: unfortunately it's the only feasible integration option between my application and a certain other softwar... 
Posted September 16, 2010 7:50:34 PM
Quick elementary physics question regarding a velocity graph I ended up discussing this with my teacher and we both came to the conclusion that he's using the object's local frame of reference. When I asked him how we would know what an object's local frame of reference is given a velocity of 0 m/s, he asked... 
Posted September 16, 2010 7:01:15 PM
Quick elementary physics question regarding a velocity graph Thanks for the details, appreciated. Quote:Original post by KulSeran If you interpret your teacher's comment in terms of speed, then negative accelerations always slow you down, and positive accelerations always speed you up. If you interpret it... 
Posted September 13, 2010 7:01:52 PM
Quick elementary physics question regarding a velocity graph Quote:Original post by Palidine The proper way to explain what he is trying to tell you is: while the value of the acceleration in this case is positive it is slowing down the speed of the object. We normally call this deceleration. Acceleration, li... 
Posted September 13, 2010 6:29:06 PM
Quick elementary physics question regarding a velocity graph Okay, great. So, basically, negative acceleration doesn't necessarily mean "slowing down" and positive acceleration doesn't necessarily mean "speeding up," right? (Contrary to what my teacher is trying to tell me :/) 
Posted September 13, 2010 6:00:43 PM
Nullular Grapher Quote:Original post by Ezbez Wow, that looks really great! I'm definitely considering switching to this from NuCalc, which is rather old and outdated. Good to hear [smile]. Keep note that NuCalc does seem to have some more features, such as comp... 
Posted August 27, 2010 8:44:01 PM
More than one depth buffer You can use the stencil buffer to mark off areas that passed the first ZBuffer test, and then using another pass, only pass fragments that pass both the second ZBuffer test and the stencil test. This would be an AND operation. OR wouldn't need... 
Posted July 12, 2010 8:52:52 AM
Deferred shading - Incorrect lighting ! Quote:Original post by MegaPixel Quote:Original post by nullsquared Can you post your shader code? I can't quite tell what's wrong just from the screenshots. Just a quick one: how can I post the shader code using the text box? ... :P ..... 
Posted July 2, 2010 3:39:30 PM
error C2143: syntax error : missing '' before '*' Did you perhaps forget the ';' after one of the class declarations in those header files? 
Posted July 2, 2010 2:54:46 PM
Deferred shading - Incorrect lighting ! Can you post your shader code? I can't quite tell what's wrong just from the screenshots. 
Posted July 2, 2010 2:51:54 PM
View All Replies Made By This User