Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know 8anOS...  
Full Name  
Nickname 8anOS 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/25/2004 2:53:49 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Mathematical Modeling for Strategy Game Resources Hello Everyone. Right, i am off to creating a proof of concept little game and i am in need of some mathematical models for the "evolution" (in time) of specific resources in a game. For example, imagine that this is a stock market game. I woul... 
Posted June 26, 2007 6:24:49 PM
Can someone help me with the title of a piece of software??? Hello Everyone Some time ago i spotted from an ad here at Gamedev, an amazing terrain generation software. Unfortunately i did not bookmark the page which is why i am looking for your help now :-/ The name of the software was rather strange (po... 
Posted June 26, 2007 8:31:22 AM
Email based games Hello all I was trying to find some simple turn based play by email games for an internal forum i am administrating but the interest eventually grew a bit more than that :-) I can see some challenges in this kind of a game, primarily the syncrh... 
Posted March 8, 2005 4:24:56 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Mathematical Modeling for Strategy Game Resources Hello Thanks for your reply polyfrag. I appreciate the post, very informative and detailed. Initially i had incorporated the Supply/demand ratio as the coefficient for the amplitude of the sinusoid i am discussing above but i quickly realised... 
Posted June 28, 2007 5:04:41 AM
Mathematical Modeling for Strategy Game Resources Hello @ligh: Yeah that's one of the interactions i am looking for. @JohnBolton: Yes, it is prices of resources, i thought i made this clear. Anyway, I am not sure if a random walk is the best thing. What i had in mind was to model each pr... 
Posted June 27, 2007 4:41:12 AM
Can someone help me with the title of a piece of software??? OH MY GOD! A bulls eye in 10 minutes. Extraordinarily many thanks ViLiO, this is exactly the thing i was looking for...Somehow QUAD was associated in my mind with XNAMA (go figure :-/ ) Thanks, thanks, thanks! [Edited by - 8anOS on June 2... 
Posted June 26, 2007 8:49:35 AM
Email based games In case someone else ever wants to find some Play by email games in the context i am discribing in this very thread (i am actually replying to my self here, this is not a good sign of sanity) there is this server: http://www.gamerz.net/pbmserv/ ... 
Posted March 14, 2005 7:59:04 AM
Email based games Right...Not so specific but i will see what i can do :-) Thank you very much... a Risk kind of game fits more to what i had in mind. >2) In and outbound email. More complicated, how does the server know what to do >with the attached fil... 
Posted March 10, 2005 4:28:59 AM
Email based games WOW, sounds a lot of work for the host! :-) In this case, what if the host doesnt have the time to process all those files? I would defenately go for the automated procedure. One thing i am not too fond of is those web games where you sit ar... 
Posted March 9, 2005 4:03:28 AM
Email based games To be honest, i was thinking something along the lines of "naval wars" or something like that. Its a game were two players set up their ships and try to destroy the other players ships by calling shots. You probably have seen something like that...On... 
Posted March 8, 2005 8:18:08 AM
View All Replies Made By This User