Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know DaBookshah...  
Full Name Rohan Shah
Nickname DaBookshah 
State/Province, Country Western Australia   Australia
GD Gathering City Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 892  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/15/2006 6:07:25 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Nooooooo!!!! I just read ANOTHER post from this rsc_x guy......It made my brain bleed. Take english as a second fifth language, mix it with some l33tspeak, bad punctation, UNINTENTIONAL misspelling (as opposed to the ones where he just can't spell), and a hu... 
Posted June 1, 2007 10:23:31 AM
Really horrible looking equation Background: I started playing around a few weeks ago with a slightly different collision system (in 2D). What I am trying to do is, given two objects, their velocities, positions and rotation velocities, to find where and when they intersect. And yuc... 
Posted May 19, 2007 9:32:42 AM
Yet another political WTF Couldn't help sharing this one....... In a sign that the US no longer has a monopoly on dumb polticians and bizzare policies, Australia has now decided to do.........a refugee swap? "Weird" and "Bizzare" (as other political parties ar... 
Posted April 19, 2007 1:22:24 AM
Release-mode only bug Well, I'm trying to make my program work in release mode. Slight problem - the code generated in release mode appears to be nonsense (Not saying it's not my fault). Case in point: for(vector<Pillar*>::const_iterator j = Pillars->begin()... 
Posted April 12, 2007 8:06:41 PM
alternative to php The situation is, I have to use PHP at work. But it sucks, really REALLY badly. Anyway, I would like to find a different language I can use. Criteria: Runs with IIS, windows Free/opensource Something with functional elements would be nice Tem... 
Posted March 14, 2007 5:46:14 AM
Keyboards Is it just me, or is the standard qwerty keyboard sorta annoying to use? I heard somewhere that we are still using the same keyboard layout as back when keyboards used to actually be mechanical, and so the point of the layout was to slow the opera... 
Posted March 14, 2007 10:54:20 AM
wxWidgets is crap I feel like I am about to strangle someone! I need to use a GUI library with C++, windows. At the moment I am trying wxWidgets but am not too happy. I have an irritating stack-overflow exception which seems to be related to wxGLCanvas, and which is p... 
Posted December 27, 2006 4:53:39 AM
Infinite Projection matrix I can't figure out infinite projection matricies. Also, every example I can find is always different from the last. At the moment I have the following code, lifted from an opengl engine named Octagon. float buffer[16]; Window* w = Engine::G... 
Posted December 16, 2006 9:03:45 PM
OpenGL shaders Hi. I am currently trying to teach myself opengl shaders. It's a bit frustrating though, because I can't even get the most trivial shader to run at more than 20 fps. Basically I have a screen with a bunch of spheres on it, with shadows. This... 
Posted December 3, 2006 3:34:53 AM
Polynomial division as normal form for grobner basis Hi. I am currently trying to code the below generalized division algorithm. Although I have gotten a fair way with my implementation(I.E. it works in most cases), I have two questions. 1. The syntax in that code is driving me nuts. Where does the... 
Posted September 26, 2006 7:24:47 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
State Sponsored Terrorists Attack Relief Convoy on the High Seas - 10 Dead Quote:Original post by way2lazy2care If a police officer pulls you over for something you clearly didn't do, is your first instinct to attack him with a knife? Of course it's not, because you would get shot. Your analogy is ridiculous. If you hav... 
Posted June 1, 2010 3:48:30 AM
World object design doubt (memory allocation) Quote:Original post by Noggs My point is why use a smart pointer when a raw pointer is perfectly acceptable in this instance? Always use the simplest approach. Pointers, arrays, references - these things are core features of the language - use them... 
Posted May 28, 2010 4:43:06 AM
[C++/Win] Mimic Ex routines? Quote:Original post by Rattrap CreateWindowA And CreateWindowW are also macros that map to CreateWindowExA(0, ...) and CreateWindowExW(0, ...) respectively. So there is currently no difference between CreateWindowEx and CreateWindow, except that Cr... 
Posted May 28, 2010 4:37:11 AM
Photo thread (lazy op, very large pics indeed) Quote:Original post by JSoftware It would have been nice if you had linked to the omgwtfbbq sized pictures instead :P Or put a [14.4k beware] in the subject Edit: nice pics though I embedded it but it was beyond a joke 
Posted May 15, 2010 10:30:46 AM
obfustication in Eclipse Fortunately there is no need to obsfucate your code, because no-one cares about it that badly! Also, why do you think obsfucation has anything to do with your particular choice of IDE? You're welcome. 
Posted May 7, 2010 7:30:37 AM
Favorite novel Thief of Time, Small Gods and The Truth by Terry Pratchett are fantastic. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson, which is sort of a cross between Lord of the Rings and Mission Impossible. Read it after it was recommended by someone here actually :) 
Posted April 17, 2010 4:23:57 AM
[ASM/Theoretic] Problem interpreting address from IDA You are actually using a debugger and not just static analysis, I hope. If you find the IDA one is a bit limiting (and it sometimes is) use ollydbg. Examine the memory layout of the program. Edit: If you're on a 64-bit machine then ollyd... 
Posted April 14, 2010 3:26:06 AM
Tooth Whitening Products Quote:Original post by Dasil Also, I've heard that whitestrips can cause your teeth to stain faster, even though Crest's website says that they can't. Is this true? My personal philosophy is that when it comes to large corporations or advertising... 
Posted April 7, 2010 3:37:08 AM
Collateral Murder Quote:Original post by capn_midnight If you assume the initial group were hostile forces, then the second group is coming to the aid of hostile forces, possibly to recover weapons, to whitewash the area to make it look more like a civilian massacre.... 
Posted April 7, 2010 3:24:19 AM
Collateral Murder Ignoring the fact that they started shooting when they arguably shouldn't have in the first place, the fact that they then killed some civilians trying to held the wounded is really really disturbing. More disturbing given that an investigation appar... 
Posted April 6, 2010 10:55:02 PM
View All Replies Made By This User