Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know valentin-galea...  
Full Name Valentin Galea
Nickname valentin-galea 
State/Province, Country Bucuresti   Romania
GD Gathering City Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 238  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/13/2005 6:51:43 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Tetris Bricks Car Racing Remake One day I decided to remake a game I played non-stop when I was a kid :) The game is a utterly minimalist car racer in a Tetris brick world, from those old skool handheld multi-Tetris consoles. I choosed the ultimate global but limited medium to... 
Posted March 15, 2006 6:52:30 AM
Snow level from Mario Galaxy - How did they do it? In Super Mario Galaxy there is a level named Snow Cap Galaxy. It features a unique and very well executed idea: realtime snow interaction! See it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqOSSr23i6w How was this implemented? Any ideas? Notice ho... 
Posted January 30, 2009 7:19:20 PM
Calculating a game budget Hello everybody! I have about $12 000 and I want to spend it on making a game! A 3D low/medium-poly space racing game, something in the vein of Zero Gear but Wipeout-ish:) It will be multiplayer centered with in-game lobby and matchmaking.... 
Posted September 23, 2008 5:16:50 PM
[Solved] Tangent at any point of a Catmull-Rom I have a catmull-rom spline defined by the vertices of the control points. How do I get the tangents at any (interpolated) point, not just the control ones? One answer would be by deriving the spline equation at a particular t, but I don't... 
Posted October 7, 2008 5:49:11 AM
NARG I've started (in total secrecy mind you:) NARG - not another racing game that is! But instead of getting out something playable I'm doing it the other way and setting it all up from the end and going backwards! We all dread the "it works o... 
Posted April 8, 2008 9:47:09 AM
Feasibility of a project - post your opinion I'm a pretty experienced game programmer - coding now from more than 6 years in 2D/3D, casual/hardcore games, PC/mobiles/even Nintendo DS, both in the bedroom and in the cubicle. Now it's time to really gain something from the sweat of my brow and... 
Posted September 17, 2007 10:07:07 AM
rocket exhaust fx Hi! well i'm trying to achieve this cool spaceship engine exhaust flare glowing thinghy :) you know, that burst of flames/plasma that a rocket engine fires; this is to be incorporated in a game, not to be rendered with 3rd party stuff (well... 
Posted December 13, 2005 7:47:47 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
atcrosslevel studios: XiZero From your description sounds fantastic! And it's a software rasterizer! But consider putting a picture with more eye-candy!:) 
Posted June 30, 2009 1:17:20 PM
2D Object Engine Development VB6 FTW!:) 
Posted March 15, 2009 7:32:14 AM
Snow level from Mario Galaxy - How did they do it? How 'bout Mario and the cursor clearing up the snow? How is that done? 
Posted February 1, 2009 5:14:21 AM
Snow level from Mario Galaxy - How did they do it? Must be a multitexture effect with some bumpmapping(not quite sure if the Wii can pull normal maps) Can't be particles as it would require way too many and also the snow 'regen' is done in a "whole" layering effect not a per-sprite basis... Sti... 
Posted January 31, 2009 6:13:37 PM
Calculating a game budget Quote:Original post by Zooch Try your best not to selectively view your responses. What exactly do you mean? Whom did I neglect?  
Posted October 20, 2008 3:44:07 PM
catmull-rom question To only draw/render the spline you JUST need points on the spline and interpolate over them. That's the key. To allow editing you will need control points. But for each 2-point segment you will need another 2 for extra control. From t... 
Posted October 13, 2008 5:32:00 PM
[Solved] Tangent at any point of a Catmull-Rom Thanks guys, but I found a very simple solution: The tangent at any point is the (normalized) vector difference between two nearby points! 
Posted October 13, 2008 4:58:37 PM
Calculating a game budget I know quite well 3DS Max - but I lack the artistic vision:) 
Posted October 10, 2008 10:11:08 AM
Calculating a game budget Well I got a wonderful reply from Dylan where he encouraged me, said the money was well enough, the important thing is to code code code, prototype ideas, see what works best and build from that. So there!:) 
Posted September 25, 2008 9:08:59 AM
Calculating a game budget I wonder what was the budget for Dylan Fitterer's Audiosurf, which resembles (at least in the racing part) with what I'm trying to achieve... Didn't find any specific references just these quotes from interviews: Quote: DF: My wife Elizabeth did... 
Posted September 24, 2008 11:09:57 AM
View All Replies Made By This User