Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know bauchi_wachau...  
Full Name  
Nickname bauchi_wachau 
State/Province, Country Wien   Austria
GD Gathering City Vienna, Wien, Austria
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1037  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/25/2006 9:25:58 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
YARE - Yet Another Rendering Engine Hi GameDev-Community, Here comes my first 'Image of the Day', presenting my rendering engine 'YARE'. It was implemented during my 'Praktika' lectures and my diploma thesis on 'Modern Rendering Engine Design' at the Technical University of Vien... 
Posted January 25, 2007 2:45:33 PM
3D engine performance Hi, What do you think: When can I consider my engine to be fast enough for real world projects/games? How many fps with what scene/shaders? E.g. is -) 50 fps with -) 1000 spheres with -) 400 vertices each, with -) perpixel lighting (1... 
Posted November 3, 2006 5:33:00 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Punch'N'Crunch fun boxing Looks really good! I especially like the innovative controls!  
Posted June 24, 2009 2:37:45 AM
YARE - Yet Another Rendering Engine @gjaegy: 'Grüß Gott' too :-) It's called wxPropertyGrid: wxpropgrid.sourceforge.net I think in the end it works very well, but the API is not as clean and easy to use as it could be. The toolbox on top of the property window is home made. 
Posted January 29, 2007 4:30:41 AM
YARE - Yet Another Rendering Engine @shirsoft: started during a university lecture in spring 2003 (about 1000 hours in 4 months - quite stressful :-), then 2 programming lectures (~1000 hours each) and then the diploma thesis (again ~2000h) => so roughly about 5000h (including cod... 
Posted January 28, 2007 12:13:07 PM
YARE - Yet Another Rendering Engine @HellRaider: The core of the reflection system is the 'IType'-class. It stores the name, the parent type and the properties of any C++ types (buildin or mine). And provides methods for creating an instance of that type, querying for interfaces, c... 
Posted January 27, 2007 5:22:30 AM
YARE - Yet Another Rendering Engine @pcwlai: thanks for pointing that out! so if anybody needs the CRT dlls of MS-VS 2005, you can download them here: http://www.yare.at/yare2/vcredist_x86.exe 
Posted January 26, 2007 6:54:29 AM
YARE - Yet Another Rendering Engine Thanks for the positive feedback! @daniel_i_l: actually the design of the node-rectangles was 'borrowed' from the class diagrams of visual studio :-) 
Posted January 25, 2007 5:47:55 PM
YARE - Yet Another Rendering Engine btw: it would be nice if you could send me the *.log files if the apps crash: matthias dot bauchinger at gmx dot at thanks! 
Posted January 25, 2007 3:45:49 PM
YARE - Yet Another Rendering Engine @janoside: perhaps you haven't installed MS VS 2005? this release is build with it - so perhaps you are missing some dlls? e.g. msvcr80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcrt.dll don't know if I'm allowed to redistribute them here? could someone make this cle... 
Posted January 25, 2007 3:34:41 PM
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension : crash at runtime You have to call glewInit(); before calling any OpenGL extensions. 
Posted November 9, 2006 5:44:54 PM
Debug vs Release Mode Nightmare [solved] Checking a float for equality (len == 0.0f, fabs(vNormal.z) == 1) won't work because of the limited precision of floats/doubles. Use a compare with an epsilon instead. E.g. #define FLOAT_CMP_EPSILON 0.00000001f inline bool FloatCmp(const f... 
Posted November 9, 2006 5:36:52 PM
View All Replies Made By This User